Nick Colobro submits resignation at Sullivan East

tbgfan

http://www2.tricities.com/sports/2011/jan/20/easts-colobro-submits-resignation-ar-788296/

East's Colobro submits resignation

Credit: DAVID CRIGGER/BRISTOL HERALD COURIER

Sullivan East football coach Nick Colobro.

By Nate Hubbard

Published: January 20, 2011

Although no official action has been taken by the Sullivan County School Board, Sullivan East football coach Nick Colobro told the Bristol Herald Courier that he submitted a resignation letter to the governing body Thursday afternoon.

“I did turn in a resignation, but it hasn’t been acted upon,” he said in a phone interview Thursday.

Until the School Board considers his request, Colobro said his status as the leader of the football team remains unchanged.

“I plan on being at Sullivan East [Friday] morning,” he said.

Colobro did not know when the School Board would act and he declined further comment until his resignation is either accepted or denied.

After winning 235 games and two state titles during a 26-year career at Gate City, Colobro was unable to duplicate his success with the Patriots, going 0-10 in what could be his lone year at East.

Life has many choices---eternity two

doesent make sense to me but whatever. I think he could have made East a very competitive program with some time.

I wonder if he is moving on to greener pastures or hanging it up?

Heard on 640 the sports monster this morning that there is speculation Colobro could be in line for the job at Dobyns-Bennett. Kenny Hawkins of WJHL was the one who spoke of this.

Very true; family, health, etc all have a major influence on decisions like this. He may be leaving for a better job but he doesent strike me as the kind of person who makes a commitment and then bails

A job at Dobyns Bennett would be a helluva an opportunity to pass up though....

Colobro runs an offense based on strength, toughness and selflessness. How exactly would that work at Abingdon?

It wouldn't. That's why Lance could it a "beautiful train wreck to witness".

I two was being sarcastic, should I have an lol at the end or an lmao?

D@^N this keyboard and its lack of emotion!

For sh!t$ and giggles just imagine the Falcons running a Power T based offense, now thats funny

I two was being sarcastic, should I have an lol at the end or an lmao?

D@^N this keyboard and its lack of emotion!

For sh!t$ and giggles just imagine the Falcons running a Power T based offense, now thats funny

the parents would pull half the kids the first week of two a days.