Jordan Potts, Gate City

Jeremiah Dye, Honaker

Zack Bossard, Virginia High

Ben Hendrickson, Lebanon

Player of the Year: Tyler Cooper, Hurley

Division 1 Coach of the Year: Mark Cooper, Hurley

Division 2 Coach of the Year: Scott Vermillion, Gate City

Life has many choices---eternity two

(Really am surprised Dustin Waynick, Hurley not listed here)

Edited by tbgfan

Posted in today's March 15th, Bristol Herald Courier:

First Team

Tyler Cooper, jr., Hurley

Paul Arnold, sr., Gate City

Tyler Maggard, sr., Lee High

Austin Cooper, jr., Hurley

David Campbell, sr., Twin Springs

Second Team

Tyler Garrison, Powell Valley

Jard Finch, Twin Springs

Forrest Stuart, Appalachia

Byron Bowman, Haysi

Timmy Goins, J.I. Burton

Honorable Mention

Jordan Potts, Gate City

Jeremiah Dye, Honaker

Zack Bossard, Virginia High

Ben Hendrickson, Lebanon

Player of the Year: Tyler Cooper, Hurley

Division 1 Coach of the Year: Mark Cooper, Hurley

Division 2 Coach of the Year: Scott Vermillion, Gate City

(Really am surprised Dustin Waynick, Hurley not listed here)

Iam surprised LPD PLAYER OF THE YEAR Aaron Clark is not listed here!!

Clark's included (1st team) in the KTN"s listing.

After reading your post, I double checked the BHC's listing of team, in case I had omitted his name in a typo error, but he wasn't listed on their first team or any of the selections. I'm glad you posted that Clark did make the first team.

Bruce Waynick can't be on the All Region D Team because he wasn't voted as one of the Top 5 players in the Black Diamond District. Only the Top 5 People are eligible to go on to All Region and only the top 5 from the All Region are eligible for All State.....

Bruce Waynick can't be on the All Region D Team because he wasn't voted as one of the Top 5 players in the Black Diamond District. Only the Top 5 People are eligible to go on to All Region and only the top 5 from the All Region are eligible for All State.....
So waht you are saying is that WAYNICK really didnt even make ALL DISTRICT.....OMG.....LOL

BHC listed the Region D team, again, in today's March 17th printed edition and Aaron Clark, sr, J.J. Kelly is now listed on the first team.

Waynick should of been on this list IMO. 6 '7 (or 6 '5 who cares hes tall), dunks, rebounds, scores alot of points, can shoot a 3. What's the problem?
You cant tell me this kid is not All District or in the top 5 players...My opinion he is in the top 2 or 3 in district. In the state game he led in points and rebounds....most coming in first half. CANNOT BELEIVE THIS......I JUST HATE TO SEE KIDS DONE WRONG

I'm not telling you he isn't top 5. But here's what you get into... how many "All District" Players Make it? If Tyler, Austin, and Waynick make it.... that only leaves 3 spots for every other team in the district. The Player of the Year Goes on to Region and is eligible for All Region Team.

Then they vote the top 5 players you can nominate anyone you want to.

Then each coach votes for the best player to get a 5, then 4 for the next one, then 3 for the next one, then 2 for the next one, then 1 for the last person you'd vote for..

The top 5 total points go on, and everyone who received a vote for points if they don't et a total that is in the top 5, then they are "Honorable Mention"

I think it's kind of crappy personally b/c in the 2000's Council didn't get everyone that was an all district player on there, and same thing in the mid 00's Twin Valley didn't get all the all district players on there.

Byron Bowman Haysi, Jeremiah Dye Honaker, Austin Cooper Hurley, Tyler Cooper Hurley, Dylan Cook Hurley, that was our top 5 players

I thought that Cody Hubbard was the best point guard in the district, he handled the ball well and was the only one who brought the ball up the floor for Twin Valley he didn't make it.

Waynick is a top 5'er but he's on a team where 2 spots better than him are his teamates.

Hobbs was one of the best scorers in the district with everyone focusing on him and doubling him and Twin Valley was picked last and they beat Honaker, Haysi, and Council, and had a lead on Hurley at home, and should have put Hurley out in the first round of the region at Hurley with a 4 point lead with a few minutes to go.

I thought Chris Bobby Tiller was great for Council too, and so was Ryan Owens from Council he was the trash man but carried them alot of the games...

I'm not telling you he isn't top 5. But here's what you get into... how many "All District" Players Make it? If Tyler, Austin, and Waynick make it.... that only leaves 3 spots for every other team in the district. The Player of the Year Goes on to Region and is eligible for All Region Team.

Then they vote the top 5 players you can nominate anyone you want to.

Then each coach votes for the best player to get a 5, then 4 for the next one, then 3 for the next one, then 2 for the next one, then 1 for the last person you'd vote for..

The top 5 total points go on, and everyone who received a vote for points if they don't et a total that is in the top 5, then they are "Honorable Mention"

I think it's kind of crappy personally b/c in the 2000's Council didn't get everyone that was an all district player on there, and same thing in the mid 00's Twin Valley didn't get all the all district players on there.

Byron Bowman Haysi, Jeremiah Dye Honaker, Austin Cooper Hurley, Tyler Cooper Hurley, Dylan Cook Hurley, that was our top 5 players

I thought that Cody Hubbard was the best point guard in the district, he handled the ball well and was the only one who brought the ball up the floor for Twin Valley he didn't make it.

Waynick is a top 5'er but he's on a team where 2 spots better than him are his teamates.

Hobbs was one of the best scorers in the district with everyone focusing on him and doubling him and Twin Valley was picked last and they beat Honaker, Haysi, and Council, and had a lead on Hurley at home, and should have put Hurley out in the first round of the region at Hurley with a 4 point lead with a few minutes to go.

I thought Chris Bobby Tiller was great for Council too, and so was Ryan Owens from Council he was the trash man but carried them alot of the games...

It dont matter....Hurley won the district, the district tournament, the region tournament and made it to the final four.....ALL 3 OF HURLEY'S PLAYERS SHOULD BE IN TOP FIVE. WAYNICK IS BETTER THAN COOK......NOBODY FORM TV OR COUNCIL SHOULD BE IN TOP 5 PLAYESRS IN THE DISTRICT.....WAYNICK HELD DYE TO 2 POINTS IN THEIR GAME AT HURLEY......YOUR TOP FIVE IS:

AUSTIN COOPER

TYLER COOPER

DUSTIN WAYNICK

ETHAN DAVIS

JERMIAH DYE

Waynick is just as valuable as either Cooper imo. They all three are great ball players and all three are the best *three* in the district imo. Hope that doesn't hurt anyone.

Far and away the best 3 players in the district. Dye from Naker I would put fourth and then you have that kid from Haysi Bowman who can shoot the lights out.