gas prices?

Guest The Variable

3.89 for 89oct here close to the northern neck.

$3.78/$3.79 in Bluefield/Tazewell, VA area...although today (Wednesday) is usually when the price goes up. But it well be an additional .20+/- for me after this evening...

$3.99 across the line in Bluefield/Princeton, WV

so how much is it where you live?

Too much....especially when I drive an hour to work...I'm seriously considering finding employment closer to home....and the next vehicle I get will get at LEAST 45 mpg....got my eye on a Honda Insight, right now...

so how much is it where you live?

$3.68 ($3.78 without the discount) at Kroger on Euclid Ave in Bristol down by the mall.

$3.65 when I filled up in Wytheville yesterday at the BP station (Truck Stop)

Too much....especially when I drive an hour to work...I'm seriously considering finding employment closer to home....and the next vehicle I get will get at LEAST 45 mpg....got my eye on a Honda Insight, right now...

only problem is that new hybrids are so expensive its cheaper to just pay for gas...if they would put out a hybrid around $18k that is where you would really see savings, especially with the tax credit.

another thing is going to a 6 speed transmission...if my Scion had that I would get 42+ easy...I know it...right now that thing revs so high with a 5 speed when you get to 70-75mph on the interstate you are pushing 6000 rpms...if they put another gear in there it would drop that to 2500rpm or so and you would save a LOT of gas at interstate cruise speeds...I get about 35-37mpg as it is.

only problem is that new hybrids are so expensive its cheaper to just pay for gas...if they would put out a hybrid around $18k that is where you would really see savings, especially with the tax credit.

another thing is going to a 6 speed transmission...if my Scion had that I would get 42+ easy...I know it...right now that thing revs so high with a 5 speed when you get to 70-75mph on the interstate you are pushing 6000 rpms...if they put another gear in there it would drop that to 2500rpm or so and you would save a LOT of gas at interstate cruise speeds...I get about 35-37mpg as it is.

The Honda Insight is priced right at $20,000....price is $2000 lower than last year's model....it's a hybrid, but the friction from braking recharges the electrical component, no need to plug in....I'm going to wait until next summer, until I hear reviews about this car...but it gets around 50 mpg on the highway...My Nissan Sentra gets about 34...

Edited by futbolking

The Honda Insight is priced right at $20,000....price is $2000 lower than last year's model....it's a hybrid, but the friction from braking recharges the electrical component, no need to plug in....I'm going to wait until next summer, until I hear reviews about this car...but it gets around 50 mpg on the highway...My Nissan Sentra gets about 34...

says it gets about 40-43 mpg...still not bad at all for $19k...if they could get a car in the 60mpg range for about $19k that would be a great deal.

Gas futures dropped $0.16 today...bet you $5 we don't see that drop at the pumps...I guarantee the pump prices would jump that much or more if it went the other way...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110505/ap_on_bi_ge/oil_prices

you know it...not sure when people will learn that the link that is in the mind of most people to oil and gas is not what they think it is...oil prices and gas prices are not as married as people think.

you know it...not sure when people will learn that the link that is in the mind of most people to oil and gas is not what they think it is...oil prices and gas prices are not as married as people think.

Well, oil also dropped to under $100/barrel, almost a 10% drop for the day...

$3.75 today at the Exxon on Exit 5...bastards.

I really don't like that gas station anymore, but if you notice, the shell station right next to it is almost always higher. I've seen the gas prices at that exxon change multiple times in one day (some days I've seen it just go up, some it goes up and down and back up again). Just doesn't seem right sometimes.