It's Official

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In related news, I will never see a football game in Morgantown, WV. Beer + your fans = disaster.

lol...it will make for some good videos on YouTube though.

Guest The Variable
In related news, I will never see a football game in Morgantown, WV. Beer + your fans = disaster.

Yeah...same here. Like many schools, WVU student fans cannot handle this responsibility and the local cops cant handle the college sports fans.

idiots.

idiots.

I do understand that many WVU fans and students do get out of control. However don't forget about the people like me, who just like to enjoy a couple cold adult beverages while watching the game. I might drink more than I normally would, however I've never done anything that involved violence, stupidity (burning couches and etc), or show hate towards the opposing team fans at any WVU football game.

Also according to the story on ESPN, the ruling does contain a few restrictions:

Beer sales will end in the middle of the third quarter.

A patron is allowed a maximum of two beers per purchase.

No beer sales in the student section. Mandatory ID checks. And beer will be sold in plastic bottles.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/20448/west-virginia-will-sell-beer-in-stadium

Also according to the story on ESPN, the ruling does contain a few restrictions:

Beer sales will end in the middle of the third quarter.

A patron is allowed a maximum of two beers per purchase.

No beer sales in the student section. Mandatory ID checks. And beer will be sold in plastic bottles.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/20448/west-virginia-will-sell-beer-in-stadium

Point #1: They're already drunk by then.

Point #2: Even Jim Tressel is laughing at how exploitable that is.

Point #3: Students can walk. Fake IDs.

Stupid decision by WVU athletics. Bears repeating.

So sad.... We will miss you...

You never had me, and you never will. It should be self-evident why I, nor any other fan that remotely values sportsmanship, would not want to surround myself with the worst fans in America. And now you're adding booze to the mix. No thanks.

Guest The Variable
You never had me, and you never will. It should be self-evident why I, nor any other fan that remotely values sportsmanship, would not want to surround myself with the worst fans in America. And now you're adding booze to the mix. No thanks.

Maybe now that theres going to be alcohol at the games they will change the school name to Philadelphia University - West Virginia.

Guest The Variable
I do understand that many WVU fans and students do get out of control. However don't forget about the people like me, who just like to enjoy a couple cold adult beverages while watching the game. I might drink more than I normally would, however I've never done anything that involved violence, stupidity (burning couches and etc), or show hate towards the opposing team fans at any WVU football game.

No, and I genuinely feel sorry for you. However, it has been proven time and time again that many of the worst fans in sports are college kids at college games...and that is sans alcohol sales on the premesis. Now you are adding the key ingredient that is involved in almost every instance of bad sportsmanship or violence in NASCAR, MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL, ect. Normally I would say just punish the offenders, but the local cops have shown time and time again that they are just unable to enforce the law in these events.

Nor will I ever want you. Go sit in the corner and cry some more about WVU having the worst sports fans.

Guest The Variable
Nor will I ever want you. Go sit in the corner and cry some more about WVU having the worst sports fans.

Are you denying the accusation? Or embracing it?

Personally, the ONE former WVU student I know (not a popular school for the central va kiddies) is a good guy and a fair sport, but he transfered out. What I have seen on the television, however does not speak well of the WVU student body.

LOL. I'm sitting in the corner right now, watching my Cavaliers haul ass in pretty much every spring sport that's being played. Another day, another win (baseball). I don't see WVU in a regional. I didn't see WVU in the NCAA tennis tournament, and I didn't see WVU in the lacrosse tournament. Two-trick pony, and thank goodness, there aren't enough couches in Morgantown for a three-trick one.

I'd rather pull my high teeth without novocaine than to be part of your fanbase.

No, and I genuinely feel sorry for you. However, it has been proven time and time again that many of the worst fans in sports are college kids at college games...and that is sans alcohol sales on the premesis. Now you are adding the key ingredient that is involved in almost every instance of bad sportsmanship or violence in NASCAR, MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL, ect. Normally I would say just punish the offenders, but the local cops have shown time and time again that they are just unable to enforce the law in these events.

I seem to recall a survey posted on here about 6 months ago that ranked them 2nd-worst, just behind Philadelphia Eagles fans. One step removed from booing Santa Claus. That says it all.

That comment is pure opinion. not fact or fiction. I love going to WVU games and watching them play. Drinking a little bit comes along with some of the fun. The might have the worst fanbase in the country according to some people, but am I suppose to quit watching them play because of it?

So him providing us with random opinions of why it's a bad idea and why WVU has a horrible fan base doesn't matter to me or any other Mountaineer fans. They will still do what they do drinking wise and WVU will still carry a bad reputation. So continue on with your bashing.

LOL. I'm sitting in the corner right now, watching my Cavaliers haul ass in pretty much every spring sport that's being played. Another day, another win (baseball). I don't see WVU in a regional. I didn't see WVU in the NCAA tennis tournament, and I didn't see WVU in the lacrosse tournament. Two-trick pony, and thank goodness, there aren't enough couches in Morgantown for a three-trick one.

I'd rather pull my high teeth without novocaine than to be part of your fanbase.

I seem to recall a survey posted on here about 6 months ago that ranked them 2nd-worst, just behind Philadelphia Eagles fans. One step removed from booing Santa Claus. That says it all.

Congrats on you Hoo's making the tennis and lacrosse tournament lol

I guess I should send a shout out to WVU's rifle team for making it to the championship this year. And being in the title round 21 times in the last 31 years while winning it all 14 times

Football + UVA = disaster.

I can picture you now on a Saturday afternoon, enjoying your tea and crumpets while UVA is getting kicked around by Bill and Mary. Probably talking to the other 5 fans in the stadium about how good your men's croquet team is going to be.

Congrats on you Hoo's making the tennis and lacrosse tournament lol

I guess I should send a shout out to WVU's rifle team for making it to the championship this year. And being in the title round 21 times in the last 31 years while winning it all 14 times

We didn't just "make" the tournaments. We were national runners-up in tennis and women's crew, and national champions in lacrosse. We will probably also reach Omaha in baseball this year. Top 10 finish for our ladies' golf team. If baseball holds up its end of the bargain, that's FIVE top-10 finishes for spring sports. Not coincidentally, UVA annually places Top 10 in the Director's Cup. WVU is 30th. Not bad, but certainly not UVA.

Congrats to them, it's quite an achievement to be the best in your field for such a long period of time. Though I have always had disagreements with classifying "rifle" as an athletic program. Take away the non-sport known as "rifle", and WVU has 1 NCAA championship, in boxing, which is not NCAA-sanctioned anymore.

We didn't just "make" the tournaments. We were national runners-up in tennis and women's crew, and national champions in lacrosse. We will probably also reach Omaha in baseball this year. Top 10 finish for our ladies' golf team. If baseball holds up its end of the bargain, that's FIVE top-10 finishes for spring sports. Not coincidentally, UVA annually places Top 10 in the Director's Cup. WVU is 30th. Not bad, but certainly not UVA.

Congrats to them, it's quite an achievement to be the best in your field for such a long period of time. Though I have always had disagreements with classifying "rifle" as an athletic program. Take away the non-sport known as "rifle", and WVU has 1 NCAA championship, in boxing, which is not NCAA-sanctioned anymore.

Excuse me for the mistake. WVU was national runners up in EVERY year mentioned except the years they won.

See what i'm getting at? Unless it's football or basketball. most people really don't care about the number of championships won.

Edited by bluefieldRocks

Guest The Variable

You guys are ridiculous...but hopefully nobody will bring up academics, which is the whole purpose of college anyway.

I went to Longwood, we arent really all that good at anything.

Guest The Variable
That comment is pure opinion. not fact or fiction. I love going to WVU games and watching them play. Drinking a little bit comes along with some of the fun. The might have the worst fanbase in the country according to some people, but am I suppose to quit watching them play because of it?

So him providing us with random opinions of why it's a bad idea and why WVU has a horrible fan base doesn't matter to me or any other Mountaineer fans. They will still do what they do drinking wise and WVU will still carry a bad reputation. So continue on with your bashing.

Nobody is saying that. And nobody is even saying that this would be a problem if it was any other college. I am sure if this incredibly stupid idea was implemented at UVA, it would be disasterous as well. But UVA didnt enact this idiotic policy, WVU did...and UVA doesnt have the seemingly earned bad reputation. You can drink and enjoy your college football, but others are going to ruin it for everyone else. It might be interesting to see what its like playing football on ashes after they light the field on fire after celebrating a 25-yard field goal in a non-conference game against an unranked opponent.

Guest The Variable
Football + UVA = disaster.

I can picture you now on a Saturday afternoon, enjoying your tea and crumpets while UVA is getting kicked around by Bill and Mary. Probably talking to the other 5 fans in the stadium about how good your men's croquet team is going to be.

You left out the pastel colored sweater jackets tied around their necks while grinning perfectly white teeth locked in that fake smile because they know that their trust funds are bigger than WALMARTs annual earning.

You guys are ridiculous...but hopefully nobody will bring up academics, which is the whole purpose of college anyway.

Oh, I would be delighted to bring that subject up.

Longwood shouldn't have tried to make the jump to Division I when they did. Should've probably stayed D-II for a while longer.

I can imagine if a school like Shippensburg up here, a nice-sized D-II, would make that jump. They'd get slaughtered, a lot like Longwood.

Been through Farmville a few times, and seen Longwood. Nice school. The Rodney Dangerfield of VA schools.

You left out the pastel colored sweater jackets tied around their necks while grinning perfectly white teeth locked in that fake smile because they know that their trust funds are bigger than WALMARTs annual earning.

LOL. Nice. Not remotely true, but I laughed.

Edited by UVAObserver

Longwood, Beer drinking????

Probably the worst comeback ever.