Tazwell Football Coach

wvpymbr

What kind of experience does he have? The only thing I could find on him online is he was a strength and conditioning grad assistant at WVU this past season.

What I heard that really sealed the deal, is that their is a guidance counselor position open at Tazewell and that Tate has a degree and is certified in that. The experience comes from being a D1 player and a grad assistant. I have seen college coaches at the D2 level get hired as position coaches based off of being a D1 player and a grad asst, so I think that qualifies as a HS coach.

What I heard that really sealed the deal, is that their is a guidance counselor position open at Tazewell and that Tate has a degree and is certified in that. The experience comes from being a D1 player and a grad assistant. I have seen college coaches at the D2 level get hired as position coaches based off of being a D1 player and a grad asst, so I think that qualifies as a HS coach.

so why does everyone not go after Mike Compton then...he has all that, was a D1 All American and has super bowl hardware and a LONG NFL career...and cut his teeth in Tazewell County.

so why does everyone not go after Mike Compton then...he has all that, was a D1 All American and has super bowl hardware and a LONG NFL career...and cut his teeth in Tazewell County.

Wasn't Tate's GA experience in strength and conditioning? Compton seems to want to be in college ball. He's starting small. If he can do well with what he is doing there, he will get an asst spot somewhere bigger down the line. It's all in who you know a lot of times.

I'm just curious when TAZ co is going to use their hiring policy.

Wasn't Tate's GA experience in strength and conditioning? Compton seems to want to be in college ball. He's starting small. If he can do well with what he is doing there, he will get an asst spot somewhere bigger down the line. It's all in who you know a lot of times.

I'm just curious when TAZ co is going to use their hiring policy.

Since when does anything Taz Co school systems do make sense? Things won't change much until we get a new super instead of the sorry excuse of one that is in there now.

I don't know I figure this is just going to be a rumor too but some of it is semi mixing in with what some of you have said. I was at work today and woman said that some kids that play for Tazewell that she knew said that Tazewell did have a new head coach just that it hadn't been announced, just as some of you have said. She told me that the kids told her that he was at the school or where ever the team works out at and talked with some of the players and what not. She said she didn't catch his name or couldn't remember it, but she said they told her the he was going through his "history" with them and said that he played at wvu (just as someone said on here) and that he had played with the NY Jets. He must of gotten cut or that never happened but then said he has been a guidance counselor down in Alabama or Mississippi for a school that helps "troubled" or under privileged kids get back into school. The other word (going back to where someone on here said that why were they even having interviews today then) her statement was that Brenda Lawson had said that when she seen his resume that she said she wanted him at Tazewell no matter what it took. So AGAIN take that for what it's worth (which from what I have seen on here and what she said) it could go either way. But the key here is.... No one will really know UNTIL it is officially announced...

All of which fits Tate. He was raised and played HS in MS, went to WVU, and is a guidance counselor. People have hurt feelings bc asst coaches from tazewell applied and so did the middle school coach, who I heard called a booster and was irate they were all supporting Tate. Tazewell is a small town and small program. They need to get away from the "home grown, home cooking" if they want to better themselves. Tate, if he does well and leaves, may help tazewell by people thinking it can be a good stepping stone and turn it into a higher profile gig that people would want. The long haul shouldnt be looked at as a requirement or even a preference. If he does well, then it will get others who may have a similar background than he does to want it after him. It also excites the kids to play for someone with a decent profile. But, if he gets taken out to Cuz's for diner like he has by the admin, which was before the "interviews," and gets some money contributors padding the deal, *Jim Ramey,* he may stay a while.

Going along with my rumor/statement I was told he was a coach where ever he is now (which I had said in my previous post) that he was a football coach there and he is wanting to bring a couple of his assistants with him when he comes to Tazewell. Was told that he didn't know yet if they would want to or not. But who knows based off what I heard he could be a great guy for the team. A lot of the people I work with are huge Bulldog fans (which kills me being from Graham) but when they heard (the rumor/statement) they all got real excited, oh and something too about he had told Brenda Lawson that if he took the job he wouldn't be just playing who the parents wanted him to play but that he would be playing who he thought would be best suited (as it really should be) and again they seemed real excited about this so... Who knows we will have to wait and see.