Anyone else heard that Time Warner Cable in Richlands is dropping WCYB, due to WVVA invoking their "non-duplication" of another NBC market in Tazewell County?

Looks like we're stuck with WVVA for the long run..

i did call wvva and they told me that it had to do with time warner cable

Between my father and me, we have fought WVVA for years on signing the waiver for distance networks on Dish. They would consistantly pass the buck saying it was someone else not them. Of course both Direc and Dish now carry WVVA. But WVVA has always sucked. The installer that installed my parents Direc when they switched over was from charlottesville and said WVVA was the sh***est excuse for a network he had ever seen.

If you are going to be a d**k about something at least make yourself better so you have a reason to be one!

wow... I wonder if it gets me, too. I missed it last night because I was watching WVVA & WDBJ. I rem. the good ol' days when I got 3 NBC's... still have my membership card from Mr. Cartoon in it's original envelope tucked away somewhere.

How bad does WVVA have to be for you guys to deem WCYB as better?

WVVA is awful...on a good day...

They had some new girl doing the 11PM news the other night that looked like a crackho/methhead that they just pulled off the street and put in front of the camera. However, I think a real crackho/methhead probably could have done a better job with the newscast...

They had some new girl doing the 11PM news the other night that looked like a crackho/methhead that they just pulled off the street and put in front of the camera. However, I think a real crackho/methhead probably could have done a better job with the newscast...

Funny you mention that...I never watch the news on WVVA and for some reason I decided to turn over to it and I thought is this really the best you can do? How desperate are you to put that on the air.

I would rather watch any NBC from anywhere else given the chance. Wish we had an option of what "local" networks you could get...

I switched to Direct TV 2 weeks ago, and the guy that installed said that WVVA was the one that forced Time Warner to go with only Bluefield. Direct TV has good deals right now and you will save money. Plus NFL Sunday ticket is free to all new subscribers also. The poor new girl on WVVA can do an entire story and not smile, blink or even open her mouth.

I spoke with a Time Warner Rep at length today.She told me that WVVA put the heat on the FCC to remove WCYB. WCYB had a greater market share than WVVA.(no brainer there).As a customer of Time Warner, I wish that I would have been given a choice. I'm not interested in West Virginia politics and as someone stated earlier - the newstaff at WCYB is very professional and much more accountable for accuracy. (You can still get the news at WCYB.com.)

They should have left well enough alone and let both NBC affiliates broadcast in our market.I'm sure there are WVVA loyalists out there too. But WVVA is not going to do the job that WCYB does when Nascar races rolls around.

I'm going into Johnny Wood withdrawal.

How bad does WVVA have to be for you guys to deem WCYB as better?

Never seen VVA, huh? Not just better.. a lot better. Bluefield is what I call a "starter" market... ppl. start there, and if they're any good, off they go to a bigger market. If not... well, you can figure that out.

my wife and I watched this the other night...both were laughing out loud....we watch wvva just to have a laugh sometimes....this comment made us laugh again...ha ha

I switched to Direct TV 2 weeks ago, and the guy that installed said that WVVA was the one that forced Time Warner to go with only Bluefield. Direct TV has good deals right now and you will save money. Plus NFL Sunday ticket is free to all new subscribers also. The poor new girl on WVVA can do an entire story and not smile, blink or even open her mouth.

Do you get WCYB with your DirecTV? I live just outside of Richlands and I get WVVA.

WVVA is bad, but has anyone ever watched the weekend broadcasts of WOAY News out of Beckely? It is possibly worse than WVVA at times.

I think it again deals with zip code and location. I live in Cedar Bluff and have to deal with WVVA. But I think depending on your location and proximity to the Russell county line and you zip code you may be able to get WCYB.

I

you guys need to set up an abingdon PO box and have e-billing so you dont get mail there. I dont know if DTV would set up multiple accounts on the same address...but might be worth a try.

I think it again deals with zip code and location. I live in Cedar Bluff and have to deal with WVVA. But I think depending on your location and proximity to the Russell county line and you zip code you may be able to get WCYB.

I

I actually live in Russell County about 1 mile from Richlands town limits, but I have a Cedar Bluff street address...go figure.

You will only get WCYB if your Carrier, in this case, Time Warner carries it. Has nothing to do with where you live, but rather who your cable provider is and that they choose to carry WCYB. However, if you stick a good ol set up rabbit ears up and maybe an antennae on your roof, you might get lucky.LOL!

I spoke with a Time Warner Rep at length today.She told me that WVVA put the heat on the FCC to remove WCYB. WCYB had a greater market share than WVVA.(no brainer there).As a customer of Time Warner, I wish that I would have been given a choice. I'm not interested in West Virginia politics and as someone stated earlier - the newstaff at WCYB is very professional and much more accountable for accuracy. (You can still get the news at WCYB.com.)

They should have left well enough alone and let both NBC affiliates broadcast in our market.I'm sure there are WVVA loyalists out there too. But WVVA is not going to do the job that WCYB does when Nascar races rolls around.

I'm going into Johnny Wood withdrawal.

Please if there are any WVVA loyalists on here tell us why you think they are great. I am dying to hear some reasons for it.

WVVA is bad, but has anyone ever watched the weekend broadcasts of WOAY News out of Beckely? It is possibly worse than WVVA at times.

WOAY has always been a terrible TV station. Hell, their website has practically no information on it at all either!