Scrimmage Results from Bristol....anyone?

futbolking

If Bluefield loses to Graham, they may be staring 1-8 dead in the eyes...

Heard Princeton beat Nitro 42-7 in their scrimmage...

Unless they improve dramatically from what I saw on the field friday in Pulaski, 2 or 3 wins is a definite possibility. Maybe they'll prove us all wrong, but they looked very "tired"....lack of hustle, I guess is a good way to describe them. I'm sure they'll be fired up this friday, however and probably be a different team than what I saw. I just want a good competitive game between Bluefield and Graham to start the season...

I'll tell you who else may be staring a long season in the face, if they lose the opener is Graham....I'm hearing that Grayson, Fort, Marion, Princeton and Galax are all looking pretty strong in the pre-season.....Bland and Narrows could be the only victories for Graham this year.....maybe squeak another one out somewhere.

They could go 7-3 (if they're lucky).....but may also go 3-7.....

Baker may have won the job! Sheets brings so much more to the overall team as a slot receiver and cornerback. He really struggles to throw the ball downfield. This was very evident at the VA High Jamboree even when he had time. If that is the move the coaching staff makes we become very one deminsional. Either way what we think on this matter really don't matter. The coaches are who see them everyday! Should be a great game!!!!!!

Really, Sheets cant throw the ball. He had two chances in the Bristol Scrimmage. It seems as though the coaches were waiting for him to make a mistake of any kind. At the scrimmage I was told we went with about 35 pass plays. around 10 were completed. Some passes were very bad, but I digress. Sheets was the one who caught the screen and ran it for a touchdown. A screen not a deep pass! Sixty yards or so breaking tackles along the way. He was the reciever in question from a earlier post. If he is not on the field consistently in some role, I dont care if its center, guard or tackle its a shame. We scored on one pass against a first string (Sheets) and one pass against a third string (Hatfield). We also lost about 60-80 yards due to QB scrambling backwards. As I recall in the first scrimmage, Sheets splitting time, he threw for a touchdown and many completions without all those chances AND we were competitive. I was told the score was very decieving from the scrimmages. At one point it was possibly 28-7. Sheets did play defense quite a bit and I was told he would tackle and forced a fumble but it was overturned. The kid seems to be very athletic and I hope he has a role somewhere, period. No matter what the role.

Really, Sheets cant throw the ball. He had two chances in the Bristol Scrimmage. It seems as though the coaches were waiting for him to make a mistake of any kind. At the scrimmage I was told we went with about 35 pass plays. around 10 were completed. Some passes were very bad, but I digress. Sheets was the one who caught the screen and ran it for a touchdown. A screen not a deep pass! Sixty yards or so breaking tackles along the way. He was the reciever in question from a earlier post. If he is not on the field consistently in some role, I dont care if its center, guard or tackle its a shame. We scored on one pass against a first string (Sheets) and one pass against a third string (Hatfield). We also lost about 60-80 yards due to QB scrambling backwards. As I recall in the first scrimmage, Sheets splitting time, he threw for a touchdown and many completions without all those chances AND we were competitive. I was told the score was very decieving from the scrimmages. At one point it was possibly 28-7. Sheets did play defense quite a bit and I was told he would tackle and forced a fumble but it was overturned. The kid seems to be very athletic and I hope he has a role somewhere, period. No matter what the role.

I missed it how did Bluefield at Pulaski turn out?

Also what about Richlands?

Sheets is a playmaker for Graham, but he can not throw the football, from what I have heard from many is that several people feel baker went in and on that first drive against gate city took the starting job for himself, the g-men do not have the line to run the football and have te recievers took make plays and Jackson was the best last year when they were in the spread.

Really? Jackson dropped pass after pass last year. Guess you dont remember. Passing at Graham is terrible. Last year it was a disaster. No one can catch. Sorry if it offends anyone but the recievers last year, same as this year by the way, could not catch the ball.

Again, Sheets threw two balls in the game. In warm ups he throws the ball plenty deep. I will say that Sheets is the only player on the team, from what I have heard and seen, that can make people miss and break a tackle. He runs extremly well. The scrimmage involved passes that were just thrown everywhere. One hit the thirty yard marker over the entire team and the track. This was thrown to a wide open reciever. Oh, and a pick six. In the end productivity matters. We were not even competitive! Never in either game. Everyone I spoke to said it was a disaster, but stressed the D looked better than the previous week. I have heard very little positive comments coming from the fans that went, honestly, very little. In the end, I feel Sheets is smart and plays within himself. Hes not going to lose games for you. Just my opinion.

Really? Jackson dropped pass after pass last year. Guess you dont remember. Passing at Graham is terrible. Last year it was a disaster. No one can catch. Sorry if it offends anyone but the recievers last year, same as this year by the way, could not catch the ball.

Again, Sheets threw two balls in the game. In warm ups he throws the ball plenty deep. I will say that Sheets is the only player on the team, from what I have heard and seen, that can make people miss and break a tackle. He runs extremly well. The scrimmage involved passes that were just thrown everywhere. One hit the thirty yard marker over the entire team and the track. This was thrown to a wide open reciever. Oh, and a pick six. In the end productivity matters. We were not even competitive! Never in either game. Everyone I spoke to said it was a disaster, but stressed the D looked better than the previous week. I have heard very little positive comments coming from the fans that went, honestly, very little. In the end, I feel Sheets is smart and plays within himself. Hes not going to lose games for you. Just my opinion.

I agree. Based on what I saw of Sheets at the grid-o-rama and the little bit i saw of the other qb's against Gate City at Bristol....Sheets has potential to make a play if there's nothing there. He will tuck the ball and run or throw it away, if there's not an open receiver. I honestly didn't think he threw the ball that poorly. (Maybe the long ball, but he hit some receivers in stride with the quick hitters, which is what I think Graham will need to do to be succesful...because I don't think the qb will get much protection.

The scrimmage involved passes that were just thrown everywhere. One hit the thirty yard marker over the entire team and the track. This was thrown to a wide open reciever. Oh, and a pick six. In the end productivity matters. We were not even competitive! Never in either game. Everyone I spoke to said it was a disaster, but stressed the D looked better than the previous week. I have heard very little positive comments coming from the fans that went, honestly, very little. In the end, I feel Sheets is smart and plays within himself. Hes not going to lose games for you. Just my opinion.

Really? I didn't see that in the videos of the scrimmages that I watched. Lots of passes were catchable and those that weren't, weren't for good reason.

Quit bitching about who the QB may or may not be...get on the wagon or get lost...no room for this type of crap at Graham, its a Tazewell thing...

Gray Baker. Angel Roberts( Spencer Sheets mom) told me they gave Spencer the news yesterday. He is going to start at cornerback, and look for him to play some slot reciever also. He was disapointed, but I think we all realize that the team comes first.