Gate City @ Richlands

Nadoball

GC has that bad taste in their mouths from last years shutout. On paper Richlands has us beat. But thats why you play the game. GC will take a full qtr to drive the field and score. Cant score if you dont have the ball Richland fans. :) go big ROYAL blue.

That's very true, but the blues will be more of a running team this year also and will be more ball control themselves, at least more then they have in the past.

That's why I don't think this will be a high scoring game. I think defense and ball control on both sides will keep the score down.

Maybe along the lines of 21 to 14 or 21 to 17 somewhere in that area in favor of my blues.

But the way I pick games it will probably turn out to be 50 to 49 or some high score like that....lol !

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its good to be back on here after the summer off. I will probably rely on you and others on here to keep me posted on what Richlands is doing at the least, every other week. I have chemo on every other Monday through Wednesday and am still attached to the John on friday nights of the bad weeks. I will be listening this year intently when I am not there. I hope to make the Union game. My wife has a nephew that plays there and may be the quaterback (number 2 right now). They should be a pretty good matchup as well as Gate City and Pulaski county. Not sure about the rest of the schedule. I am sure Devon is a beast if he worked hard this offseason. I hope he can stay healthy this year and he could be very sought after in the next level. True physical specimen. If he has true football heart to do the little extras like work off feild and stay disciplined he will be a special player to remember. It looks like our O line is big and should not be too much of a letdown from last year. "You never know about how tough players are until gametime". I think they will be fine though. I know we lost a lot of D-backs and recievers and have not seen them play this year. What do they look like? I think Reese is a good quarterback with big footbal IQ. What he likes in arm strength I think he makes up for with intangibles. Let me know what you think about our new guys in the DBackfield and recievers! I look forward to some good football banter on here this year. I hope all of you had good summers and you're team has some promise. A little balance would be good for the area.

Guest Chubz
by the way how do i get the SWVA Teams in Madden [pc] ? let me know,thanks

Check your Private Messages!

GC has that bad taste in their mouths from last years shutout. On paper Richlands has us beat. But thats why you play the game. GC will take a full qtr to drive the field and score. Cant score if you dont have the ball Richland fans. :) go big ROYAL blue.

exactly...how did you guys think we beat gretna? ;)

Guest bigdaddyd50
Its good to be back on here after the summer off. I will probably rely on you and others on here to keep me posted on what Richlands is doing at the least, every other week. I have chemo on every other Monday through Wednesday and am still attached to the John on friday nights of the bad weeks. I will be listening this year intently when I am not there. I hope to make the Union game. My wife has a nephew that plays there and may be the quaterback (number 2 right now). They should be a pretty good matchup as well as Gate City and Pulaski county. Not sure about the rest of the schedule. I am sure Devon is a beast if he worked hard this offseason. I hope he can stay healthy this year and he could be very sought after in the next level. True physical specimen. If he has true football heart to do the little extras like work off feild and stay disciplined he will be a special player to remember. It looks like our O line is big and should not be too much of a letdown from last year. "You never know about how tough players are until gametime". I think they will be fine though. I know we lost a lot of D-backs and recievers and have not seen them play this year. What do they look like? I think Reese is a good quarterback with big footbal IQ. What he likes in arm strength I think he makes up for with intangibles. Let me know what you think about our new guys in the DBackfield and recievers! I look forward to some good football banter on here this year. I hope all of you had good summers and you're team has some promise. A little balance would be good for the area.

Keep fighting my friend!!

Richlands lost a couple of key players but the never really lose's anything. It's like a football factory we just keep pushing em out. Richlands by 20.

That's true and it's been that way for several years now........but, so does Gate City.

That's what makes these 2 programs as good as they are.

I have a lot of respect for the devils and love the fact that we play them 1st game every year. It let's you know what kind of team you have right off the bat.

There's a F5 tornado warning for Southwest Virginia this fall !

It will be a great game and in the end Blues Man will be carrying his slop bucket to the gate.:p

I wish I was going to be carrying my slop bucket to the gate at the end of the game but I wont get to make it this year will be in bristol friday and saturday. I will be listing to it if every thing works right.

I wish I was going to be carrying my slop bucket to the gate at the end of the game but I wont get to make it this year will be in bristol friday and saturday. I will be listing to it if every thing works right.

Rather watch the Race then listen to Richlands football!

Rather watch the Race then listen to Richlands football!

Going to try to do both if the apps on my phone works right, if not just have to get nadoball to send a few text , sometimes the service around the track on racedays is not very good.

Going to try to do both if the apps on my phone works right, if not just have to get nadoball to send a few text , sometimes the service around the track on racedays is not very good.

Sorry don't think nadoball phone will be working that night lol

He is going to play defence only friday night.

Hate to hear that. Glad to hear that he is at least going to get to play D, but we will miss his pass catching ability. Big receiver with good hands and runs well after the catch also.

Will need for someone to step up, somebody usually does !

I want to tell all the Gate City fans to have a safe trip to Ernie !!