Hurley Rebels !!

Rebels#1Fan

well said lance but tv personnel isn't there

TV also lost the xfr from Richlands to an injury this week...yes, there was a xfr from Richlands and he's out for the year. Young kid but i'm sure they expected him to contribute.

Haysi's big question mark will be the O-line, 4 new starters. I dont know if this makes sense but this years group may be a better unit even though thay may not be as talented per player, cohesion and teamwork will be better than last year and as we all know that may be the most important thing on the Oline.

Haysi will lack a deep threat(unless one emerges) but will start 2 WRs that will catch everything thrown at them. TE is more of a blocker than a reciever but the kid plays with a ton of heart and goes wide open all the time, hes also tough as nails.

The running game will come along; Blair and Blankenship will carry the majority of the load and several RBs will add to that.

Overall Haysi may not be as bad as some think, I have faith in my Tigers.

It will be close top to bottom. If Berglowe wasnt at Hurley it would be even closer. But that seems to be the trend in the old region D; Clinch Mtn is close GC is prob on top but Lee, Lebanon and VHS arent that far ahead and Battle isint that far behind the others(close enough to maybe beat 1-2 of them). Cumberland is gonna be between Castlewood and Eastside but Twin Springs and Rye Cove will be close behind. The LPD will most likley be between Burton and Union but Clintwood is damn good and Central might suprise some folks, might be another case where nobody goes undefeated in district play.

Theres gonna be some good games this season!

By the way I saw Honaker @ Clintwood and Orange isint a team to forget, they looked solid all around.

the twin valley and grundy game will come down to special teams and field position...if twin valley can get good field position when they start their drives, grundy won't be able to keep them from driving down the field....but same with the panthers, if they give the ball to grundy on the 40 and 50 every night it will be a long 4 quarters for them....i think it will be one heck of a game, and if richlands wasn't playing gate city the same night i'd be there to watch it

the twin valley and grundy game will come down to special teams and field position...if twin valley can get good field position when they start their drives, grundy won't be able to keep them from driving down the field....but same with the panthers, if they give the ball to grundy on the 40 and 50 every night it will be a long 4 quarters for them....i think it will be one heck of a game, and if richlands wasn't playing gate city the same night i'd be there to watch it

I think the game will remain close for a half at which time the Wave pull ahead and win by 3 scores

Grundy has a kicker this year that can make you go 80 yards every time....saw him drop a 72 yard punt at ER also....and unlike Rowe who didn't like to kick it on 4th, I think Ward will risk a FG vs. go for it...unless things are going bad.

I seriously think TV does have a slight chance against Haysi and Grundy but I also think that Honaker and Hurley arent out of reach of Haysi and Grundy. There may be an upset or two this season in the BDD and I dont know if any team will go undefeated in district play

Don't know much except what I've read on here about Grundy, but anytime Honaker and Haysi play, it's close (esp. at Haysi)! Doesn't matter what kind of team they have!

Don't know much except what I've read on here about Grundy, but anytime Honaker and Haysi play, it's close (esp. at Haysi)! Doesn't matter what kind of team they have!

Very true, last season Honaker was obviously the better team and Haysi kept it close. We just needed to play w/ that effort every game last season and didnt(espicially against Hurley). I think this group of Tigers is more driven, more hardworking, more focused and I think it will really show on the field(hope im right)

Grundy has a kicker this year that can make you go 80 yards every time....saw him drop a 72 yard punt at ER also....and unlike Rowe who didn't like to kick it on 4th, I think Ward will risk a FG vs. go for it...unless things are going bad.

I'll tell you what Rowe did like to kick was some tail. Grundy football wouldn't be or matter without Rowe and Compton.

I'm disappointed in Grundy for not appreciating what they had in Rowe and Compton. I think alot of people whined b/c they weren't fake and didn't kiss people's butts and play the political game down there....,but to me as a coach I respect them even more for that. Grundy in it's hay day would flat throttle people I've witnessed it first hand.

Jeremy's a good guy and will do the best job possible and put in the effort, but man you can't replace those two and that's going hurt for years to come.

Rowe and Compton are two of the best I've played against for 3 years at Garden, and two of the best I've been opposite the sidelines for 3 years. Compton and Ray Jones are two of the best defensive minds I've been around.. and I'll tell you someone who is up and coming is Davis @ Hurley

And Rowe is one of the smartest people I've talked to about any sport. Everyone gives Colley his due and rightfully so he's a great offensive mind and runs alot of plays out of alot of sets and finds way to get the ball to his best when everyone knows what's coming, but Grundy has owned Haysi for years and Rowe's up there with the best of the best in my book I know that they won't but alot of people in Grundy owe Rowe and Compton some props wether they ever give them or not..... I mean just look at Grundy's facility

I think the difference between Grundy and Haysi is size, Grundy had it and Haysi didnt. As far as playcalling I will take Colley, in terms of program building its gotta be Rowe.

Anyone know about where the all time series stands between Grundy and Haysi now? I have no idea.

Since the series picked back up in '05 its Haysi 4, Grundy 2 I think?

I think the difference between Grundy and Haysi is size, Grundy had it and Haysi didnt. As far as playcalling I will take Colley, in terms of program building its gotta be Rowe.

Anyone know about where the all time series stands between Grundy and Haysi now? I have no idea.

Since the series picked back up in '05 its Haysi 4, Grundy 2 I think?

97,98,99 went to Grundy. Stands at 5-4 Grundy.

I'll tell you what Rowe did like to kick was some tail. Grundy football wouldn't be or matter without Rowe and Compton.

I'm disappointed in Grundy for not appreciating what they had in Rowe and Compton. I think alot of people whined b/c they weren't fake and didn't kiss people's butts and play the political game down there....,but to me as a coach I respect them even more for that. Grundy in it's hay day would flat throttle people I've witnessed it first hand.

Jeremy's a good guy and will do the best job possible and put in the effort, but man you can't replace those two and that's going hurt for years to come.

Rowe and Compton are two of the best I've played against for 3 years at Garden, and two of the best I've been opposite the sidelines for 3 years. Compton and Ray Jones are two of the best defensive minds I've been around.. and I'll tell you someone who is up and coming is Davis @ Hurley

And Rowe is one of the smartest people I've talked to about any sport. Everyone gives Colley his due and rightfully so he's a great offensive mind and runs alot of plays out of alot of sets and finds way to get the ball to his best when everyone knows what's coming, but Grundy has owned Haysi for years and Rowe's up there with the best of the best in my book I know that they won't but alot of people in Grundy owe Rowe and Compton some props wether they ever give them or not..... I mean just look at Grundy's facility

I agree...I love Rowe and Compton...I begged Compton to stick around after Rowe left, would have liked to see him run the show for a few years....was just saying I think Ward will kick it a lot more than Rowe did unless its desperation time. With Rowe on 4th down you never knew what was coming...I saw him run a fake punt at Tazewell in 2003 or 2004 on 4th and 19 from his own 8 yard line in the 2nd quarter lol....and he made it! lol....I'm going to miss that...i remember in a game last year we were down by a couple of points and on the 10 yard line in the red zone...would have been an easy kick but he went for it on 4th and scored...those are the calls that make you look like you have balls or make you look like a goat...and Rowe had balls. I asked him after the game why he didn't kick...he said the last two drives the defense looked tired and he didn't think we could stop them so if we didn't get the TD they might be able to eat up the rest of the clock before we got the ball back...it was a good call....i'm going to miss that.

And Compton...if I was going to hire anyone to run my defense, he would be at the top of the list...none better in my book...you give him 11 kids that want to play ball and he will pull the talent out of them...not many coaches can do that.

I miss Coach Newberry being around also...even after he stopped coaching he was at every game and it would take him forever to work his way from the field house to the press box because everyone along the way got handshakes and hugs.

I think Ward is going to do just fine, but I'm going to really miss the old crew...its just not the same.

Haysi's big question mark will be the O-line, 4 new starters. I dont know if this makes sense but this years group may be a better unit even though thay may not be as talented per player, cohesion and teamwork will be better than last year and as we all know that may be the most important thing on the Oline.

Haysi will lack a deep threat(unless one emerges) but will start 2 WRs that will catch everything thrown at them. TE is more of a blocker than a reciever but the kid plays with a ton of heart and goes wide open all the time, hes also tough as nails.

The running game will come along; Blair and Blankenship will carry the majority of the load and several RBs will add to that.

Overall Haysi may not be as bad as some think, I have faith in my Tigers.

something ive learned over the years you never count out colleys tigers

learnt my lesson in 03

Honaker had a team as good as HEath Millers senior year,thought they would go far in playoffs.Lost to haysi on last play of game.lost district went 9-1

Didnt make playoffs.

i dont know anything about haysi,but grundy is tough,they want to hit somebody,when the line has little experience and get in mid season form theyll take it to honaker. if that turfs gonna help anybody it ll be Oliver

Id say the turf at Honaker will help Oliver and the rest of the wavemen.

That is to help dry up there tears when they hit the ground after the game.

If yall think your going to come into the Bdd and start pushin both tiger teams around i tell you now you find out how good them wv/kt teams actualy are.

If yall think your going to come into the Bdd and start pushin both tiger teams around i tell you now you find out how good them wv/kt teams actualy are.

I wasn't too impressed by Oliver anyway, given I didn't see much of him, but what I did see he didn't seem to have as much speed as what I had heard. Grundy's team all around didn't seem to have much speed. They just don't have any proven playmakers and with the schedule Grundy has it could be a VERY long year for the wave. But it's all just talk until we see how they fair tomorrow night. Good luck tomorrow to all and pray everyone comes out injury free.

hahaha honaker has the schedule advantage on grundy with grundy coming off the battle of the wave,but really this isn't baseball the boys of slatecreek arnt to be taken lightly

hahaha honaker has the schedule advantage on grundy with grundy coming off the battle of the wave,but really this isn't baseball the boys of slatecreek arnt to be taken lightly

Honaker dont take noone lightly.just dont be runnin that mouth before

the first game is played.And as for our STATE CHAMPION BASEBALL TEAM

Tigers whipped the wavemen as i recall

Tigervalley you're a classic example of "Hayside"...anyone not from Haysi should get this one.

I haven't seen Grundy play yet, but from what I gather they are very young and very green in many positions and don't have much speed. What they do have going for them is Haysi lost quite a bit from what I've gathered and Twin Valley still isn't TOO MUCH of a threat yet if they can come in like last year and get a win to open and a decent 2 or 3 score win against a cross town school then they can get some steam rolling. On the other hand if they come out flat or just flop because of the inexperience then they could lose to Twin Valley for the first time even and be in for a very long season. I've yet to see where any associated with Grundy has said they will drop to the BDD and push anyone around...Lance and others have already stated that from top to bottom the BDD will be tough for Grundy with an improved Twin Valley, a loaded Hurley, tough Haysi and Honaker year in and year out. I'm very excited to see how the BDD shakes out this year, I know the smack talk will come from each school each Friday and week leading to Friday but for now I haven't seen any Grundy smack talk before they've played even Twin Valley, much less Hurley or Honaker.

I will say Grundy and Twin Valley being located so close and the fact that Grundy is "down" and Twin Valley is feeling much improved I think it will be a very tough game for the Wave but if they can bust a couple plays and play some solid D they could get a good confidence win...

The game I'm most looking forward to is Grundy vs Hurley, cross town rivals for years with the Wave dominating the series for the most part but Hurley is primed to get the W this year I'm sure there will be plenty of smack talk for each side both players and fans...only thing that would make it better is if it were home coming for which ever school is hosting this year...

Oliver looked much better in the first week, last week he was ok but had a fumble and a dropped pass or two...he was just off...dont know if it was the heat or what but he didn't have it last week for sure...wasn't running as fast or as hard as he had the week before.

I've seen the speed, he has it...have to remember he's just a 9th grader and has a long way to go still.

Grundy has everything they need, it is just a question of how they will use it...if McCowan would go to guard the line would be much better, but i dont know if he will play there or not...Grundy has talent at the skill positions, and they do have speed this year...question right now for me is the DB's and the line...and that will be answered tomorrow night.

something ive learned over the years you never count out colleys tigers

learnt my lesson in 03

Honaker had a team as good as Heath Millers senior year,thought they would go far in playoffs.Lost to haysi on last play of game.lost district went 9-1

Didnt make playoffs.

That was an incredible game, a real slugfest! Cody Hutchinson(backup QB) threw a fade pass to Jake Colley in the corner of the endzone w/ 3-4 seconds left. If We would have had someone else to play QB Jake would have been unstoppable at WR.

As far as 9-1 goes, the next season Haysi was 9-1(lost to Honaker) and missed the playoffs.