Grundy game tonight

short

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No I am not gonna just up and disappear I will continue to post on here, and I will continue to support my Rebels no matter what. Grundy in my opinion did not impress me they did beat my Rebels but a lot of the Rebels problems was their own fault. Failure to block on the line, failure to protect Austin is the biggest reason why Hurley lost this game. Even with all that said Hurley still led 8-6 in the 3rd quarter. Grundy won and I know in the end that is all that matters a win is a win. But in my opinion Hurley gave this one away. Thats right people gave this one away!!!

Champions make plays,not excuses

Hurley lost this game because Grundy had more on the scoreboard when the buzzer sounded.

From my point of view it seems that everybody hyped up Hurley just too much, as they do a lot of years. Everybody made out Hurley offense to be just to much to handle with Berglow, Waynick, and Cooper....well that was certainly not the case. Hurley didn't even score one offensive TD all night.

People forget last year at Grundy, Berglow had a very experienced o-line blocking for him...you have to good blocking to have a chance to be a explosive running back which showed tonight.

Grundys linebackers and d-line was stopping the run and putting pressure on Cooper every time they tried a pass...that and there ability to successfully run the ball for majority of the night led to a Golden Wave victory.

yelp thats right redtiger i dont know what happen to them boys they have a good team i guess they wanted it so bad they shot themselfs in the foot hurley should of put them away in the first .. but thats football you win some and loose some move on to next week

No I am not gonna just up and disappear I will continue to post on here, and I will continue to support my Rebels no matter what. Grundy in my opinion did not impress me they did beat my Rebels but a lot of the Rebels problems was their own fault. Failure to block on the line, failure to protect Austin is the biggest reason why Hurley lost this game. Even with all that said Hurley still led 8-6 in the 3rd quarter. Grundy won and I know in the end that is all that matters a win is a win. But in my opinion Hurley gave this one away. Thats right people gave this one away!!!

Hurley didn't score an offensive touchdown.......How did they give it away......If anything Grundy tried to give it away with some inexperienced mistakes.

ahhhh...i love the smell of SH!T talk from the Hurley crowd...every time you guys do it, you turn right around and step in it...lol...so please keep it going guys. Don't forget you did the same thing last year and got a 62-14 beat down....we've got 2 more days left to go...let's hear it...how bad are you going to beat up on big bad Grundy?

That's all I've got to say about it boys...thank you very much!

IMG_6601.jpg

That's all I've got to say about it boys...thank you very much!

Love it Lance. Can't wait to see the pictures from this one. You do a great job on this site with info. and witch pictures, I really appreciate all you and some of the other guys do on here for SWVA football.

Dotson, I can see where you're coming from saying that you feel like Hurley gave it away, I mean they did get 2 INT's inside their own 25 to save Grundy scores in the first two offensive possessions for Grundy. They also recovered a fumbled punt just before the half inside of Grundy's 15. Oh and don't forget the FG that they blocked to keep Grundy scoreless in the first half. I mean honestly if I had Cooper and Waynick and I had 4 attempts inside the 15 of my opponent I'd be pretty upset if I couldn't hand it to an All-State quality running back a couple times and get it in or if I couldn't throw it up to my All-State wide receiver who's about 5 inches taller than any of the Grundy defenders. I'd also be pretty upset that Grundy scored 4 offensive touch downs in the second half and Hurley failed to score an offensive touch down all night.

I'm sure Hurley's kids played as hard as they possibly could, and it showed in the first half when they made some great defensive and special teams plays it also showed in the 4th qtr. when the kid made the big return close to the end of the game on the kickoff after Grundy's 3rd TD I think it was. Hurley never seemed to give up and seemed to play very very hard.

In all honesty the bottom line is, Grundy's defense shut down Hurley's offense all night from start to finish and Grundy's offense moved the ball all night, in the first half they made some huge mistakes that could have put the game away in the first qtr. had Hurley capitalized more. Bottom line: Grundy wanted it more in the second half.

"we need more dawgs"

Great, great quote!

He sounds relly crazy but I get what he is saying

I watched it again on ESPN this morning and it's has to be one the best coach quotes ever. I'm like you, I understand what he is saying , more style instead of substance in the locker room. Kinda the reason I posted it on this thread.

Hurley didn't score an offensive touchdown.......How did they give it away......If anything Grundy tried to give it away with some inexperienced mistakes.

As I said before lack of blocking up front of Hurley's part the defense played well and held Grundy to just 6 points in almost 3 quarters. The defense played pretty well and if we had better blocking up front this game would had been a lot different. The game begins and ends with the offensive line because you have no passing game and no running game without a good o-line. Berglowe couldn't even turn the corner because by the time he got around the corner Grundy was already there. The O-Line just really let down last night. As far as some of you putting Waynick, Cooper and Berglowe down I still defend the fact that I believe they are 3 of the most talented players around.

As I said before lack of blocking up front of Hurley's part the defense played well and held Grundy to just 6 points in almost 3 quarters. The defense played pretty well and if we had better blocking up front this game would had been a lot different. The game begins and ends with the offensive line because you have no passing game and no running game without a good o-line. Berglowe couldn't even turn the corner because by the time he got around the corner Grundy was already there. The O-Line just really let down last night. As far as some of you putting Waynick, Cooper and Berglowe down I still defend the fact that I believe they are 3 of the most talented players around.

nope they just got teh good ole golden ass kicking the score was alot closer than the game was

Competitive unpredictable BDD football! I love it!

Congratulations Grundy

Hurley, you guys still have 3 BDD games to go, dont get too down on yourselves.

Yeah man, I think every team in the BDD is about even and coulld beat the others any given night! Been a while since that's happened! Props to the Hurley fans givin Grundy credit, love seein that! By the time Honaker gets Hurley, Grundy, and Haysi, I think all the teams will be much improved and clicking on all cylinders! Gonna be a toss up by that point who wins the district!

Guest rebel85

this was one bad game for the rebels, those grundy boys were in great shape.i think they have several state wrestlers on that team and it showed. those guys never let up. they just kept coming all night long. they wore those big linemen of hurley down. they were gasping for air the whole night, the 43 kid didnt get stopped all night ,he is one tough kid. if those hurley boys are going to win any more games ,they better get themselves in some shape. if tester cant do any better than that then its time to turn it over to someone else. there is too much talent on that team to let your boys take a loss like that. they need more conditioning and it showed,and they play calling sucked too.

this was one bad game for the rebels, those grundy boys were in great shape.i think they have several state wrestlers on that team and it showed. those guys never let up. they just kept coming all night long. they wore those big linemen of hurley down. they were gasping for air the whole night, the 43 kid didnt get stopped all night ,he is one tough kid. if those hurley boys are going to win any more games ,they better get themselves in some shape. if tester cant do any better than that then its time to turn it over to someone else. there is too much talent on that team to let your boys take a loss like that. they need more conditioning and it showed,and they play calling sucked too.

I think Hurley will be ok! Hard to measure this game up with the talent, Alot of emotions and side-stories with the transfers and stuff. Grundy just handled it better this time, maybe they had a little more to play for. Also says alot for the Grundy D not allowing an offensive touchdown, must be pretty solid because I still think Hurley has talent and a dang good offense, they will improve every week! I would like to have heard the halftime speech in the Grundy locker room... sounds like somebody fired em up cause they came out with some intensity after halftime. Like someone said earlier on this forum... game over... next week! That's what Hurley needs to focus on now! THEY WILL BE FINE!

I really don't think we will, but at least the playoffs aren't ridin on that, we felt that pain before!

yea i think honaker almost lost to eastside last night.i heard they have some players banged up pretty bad also.they could have some trouble competing if they are not healthy.