hurley

romeo37

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's gonna keep happening until the day Hurley and Grundy becomes one a day I hope comes after my son graduates from Hurley. Everyone acts as if this is a new concept around here but no it isn't. It has happened before, Theo Justus and Stephen Baker went from Hurley to Grundy. One of Grundy's best wrestlers all time Scott Justus went from Hurley to Grundy. Robby Rife went from Hurley to Grundy and then back to Hurley. Now this year Berglowe and Dylan goes from Grundy to Hurley and plus they have been some girls transfer as well from Hurley to Grundy this year that I don't know if anyone knows about to play basketball and softball. The fact is they are nothing that can be done about it. All anyone has to do is come up with a reason why and go before the school board. My son is in 4th grade now and when he started school I lived in Garden and work close to Hurley, I was a single father at the time and my only choice was to get my parents to come and get him and take him to Hurley. I went to the school board and had to explain to them why he needed to go to Hurley instead of Twin Valley where he lived. After I told him he was in Hurley, took all of 5 minutes. The thing is they are no stopping kids from transferring, right or wrong a kid can go to school where ever he or she wants to!
All of those you mentioned above transferred before entering the 9th grade. That is legal. However, transferring after the 9th grade you will be inelgible for one year by VHSL rules unless the superintendent signs the waiver for a reason. Looks like Hurley will be alright without them after Friday night so let them go. They still have to practice at Grundy....lol....

Maybe they should start a free agency period every season.

or just stop letting kids xfr, especially in the middle of the season...unless there is an actual need to do so (job change or parents move etc etc)

they are not elagatable to play this season

Elagatable? that sounds like something new from the mexican resturaunt...lol

I had to do it... Just kidding.

If they transferd under the same waiver I dont see why they wouldnt be elgible.. But I'd say after all the moving around this year that will be a thing of the past unless it's truly justified. I read a story I think it was a kid in Charleston,Wv played first 4 games at one school then x"ferd out to a Catholic school there last year. WV Athletic Association may be different or the Catholic School used divine intervention lol.

Edited by gridironguru

oh they are both on the Grundy team now from what I am hearing...if they will see any playing time is another story.

Whats this place coming too?? How can you get kicked off a team at one school and then transfer to another school and play. Why would a coach even let 2 kids that have played 2 games at another school step right in and be on the team in WEEK 5 of the season. Really setting a good example for kids today. Hey lets miss as many practices as we want and if we get kicked off we will jsut go across the hill and play......LOL

Whats this place coming too?? How can you get kicked off a team at one school and then transfer to another school and play. Why would a coach even let 2 kids that have played 2 games at another school step right in and be on the team in WEEK 5 of the season. Really setting a good example for kids today. Hey lets miss as many practices as we want and if we get kicked off we will jsut go across the hill and play......LOL

see post 26

waiver signed...and from what I heard there was no choice as to if they were allowed to join the team or not, it was just dictated they were.

If they missed that many practices. How in the world were they starting against Grundy? If you allow them to miss and still play them, and then out of the blue say you miss too much. As them playing at Grundy, if they practice they play. If not, they sit. That is from day one. Not after the third game.

If they missed that many practices. How in the world were they starting against Grundy? If you allow them to miss and still play them, and then out of the blue say you miss too much. As them playing at Grundy, if they practice they play. If not, they sit. That is from day one. Not after the third game.

hackney never started agiainst Grundy? he sit the first 2 series......he sat out of practices becasue something was always wrong with him....from my understanding he was there most of time but always found a way out of practice. clabough didnt miss as much as hackney but he was kicked for other reasons.....Hackney will miss a least 1 day a week and the others days somethin will be wrong with him

28-6-2 from the vhsl handbook, states that the superintendent may transfer a student in his county at will. Seems like the super of Buchanan County, who resides in Hurley has opened a can of worms and has no other option. As it stands in the last month, 5 kids from Hurley are at Grundy, 1 from Council and 1 from Twin Valley. 2 Grundy kids are at Hurley. Out of all of these moves only one kid has changed addresses. It seems the inmates are getting ready to rule the prison. The only good out of this, it seems the kids are doing what the school board will not. They are consolidating the county on their own with waivers from the super. At best, the county is running high school sports like a little league program. Everyone gets to play, if not i go to another team.

hackney never started agiainst Grundy? he sit the first 2 series......he sat out of practices becasue something was always wrong with him....from my understanding he was there most of time but always found a way out of practice. clabough didnt miss as much as hackney but he was kicked for other reasons.....Hackney will miss a least 1 day a week and the others days somethin will be wrong with him

He lead the team in tackles that game. Still got to play for missing. Some reward!!!!

any of you that have played football, probably most of us here i would imagine, know how it is...i just wonder how the existing Grundy team will accept the new kids? I mean these guys have been through 2 a days together, and spent the first 4 weeks of the season trying to figure out who they are, they finally do that in the second half of the Hurley game and now they get another curve ball thrown at them with two new kids who have some baggage just showing up out of the blue. Then you have two kids who have been playing that have spent this time with the rest of the team who will lose playing time to the new kids...just not sure how that will go over.

Grundy seems to have a good group of kids this year, so maybe they will welcome them and give them a chance...but, in my day they would have been run off by the team, not the coaches. If they come in and practice hard and prove to the others they want to be there and can help out, maybe they fit in...who knows? that's the interesting part of it all to me.

For Grundy's sake and the good of the program i just hope they come in with a good attitude and fit right in...if not then I doubt it will go very well. I feel bad for Ward, what's next? Someone going to send him down a starting roster each week before the game telling him who to start? Let the coaches coach and leave the paper pushing to the politicians of the bunch...and may the two never cross.

well so if i was a good player, idk, like cooper or waynick, or even someone from twin valley like adams or moore, and my team didn't make the playoffs, or even if they did and didn't have a very good outlook ahead like going to george whyth or something, i could just up and say hey i'll go to grundy, or go to hurley?....that shouldn't be allowed, and something has to be done

well so if i was a good player, idk, like cooper or waynick, or even someone from twin valley like adams or moore, and my team didn't make the playoffs, or even if they did and didn't have a very good outlook ahead like going to george whyth or something, i could just up and say hey i'll go to grundy, or go to hurley?....that shouldn't be allowed, and something has to be done

seems to be the case doesn't it?

by the way...there are some people that seem to be talking to themselves in this thread...Pick a screen name and stick with it hurley11...lol.

Fail lol on the part of using two names.

To be on topic though,I hate the way this county is ran, Ward is the head coach therefore let him make decisions a head coach makes, but since that makes too much sense I hope like Lance that they just fit in and things go smooth.

Off topic but who else has xferd this year in Buchanan?