Best team entrance

BLEACHER COACH

If you've never seen Honaker's linemen, then you should have seen them last year. I know Tyler McReynolds (I think he graduated last year) and he was HUGE.QUOTE]

Tyler Reynolds and yeah he was huge along with several other boys on the line last year. He was so big that it really made the other boys not look as big as they were, from the fan's prospective. He is as Bluefield I'm pretty sure, is that right Honaker boys?

It's been a few years now, but I remember a game with Haysi that Honaker did somethin different. They came out and they just had the paper run thru and somebody just slowly ripped it and the team just walked across the field from the fieldhouse with a cocky strut, like a bunch ticked off boys that had somethin to prove, nothin crazy but it pumped everyone up to see they meant business, they went on to thump Haysi that night!!!!!

yes i remember that.i think it was a time that most didnt give them much hope to win.

yes i remember that.i think it was a time that most didnt give them much hope to win.

I could be wrong but I think you're right, may have been the year that Haysi went 9-1 and missed the playoffs because of that game... im not 100% positive on that, but whenever it was.. it was pretty cool~!

It's been a few years now, but I remember a game with Haysi that Honaker did somethin different. They came out and they just had the paper run thru and somebody just slowly ripped it and the team just walked across the field from the fieldhouse with a cocky strut, like a bunch ticked off boys that had somethin to prove, nothin crazy but it pumped everyone up to see they meant business, they went on to thump Haysi that night!!!!!

They did the same thing in the playoffs in '05 and got their butts handed to them!!!!!

Red > Orange

Edited by redtiger

They did the same thing in the playoffs in '05 and got their butts handed to them!!!!!

Red > Orange

Funny ... I don't remember that one ... lol.... It got em up for that ONE!!!

I know theyve done and lost and then it was back to the same ole thing.... I've often been a critic of Honaker comin out flat so it's nice when they come out with some emotion!!!!!!!

Red > Orange

i dont remember them doin it but 1 time but i could be wrong.was that at haysi 33-6 or something like that?

If you've never seen Honaker's linemen, then you should have seen them last year. I know Tyler McReynolds (I think he graduated last year) and he was HUGE.QUOTE]

Tyler Reynolds and yeah he was huge along with several other boys on the line last year. He was so big that it really made the other boys not look as big as they were, from the fan's prospective. He is as Bluefield I'm pretty sure, is that right Honaker boys?

I played against him my senior year, he peeled back on me one play and folded me up. Cool guy though he helped me up even though I just wanted to lay there. lol

I think the entrance is a bunch of hooey...I'd rather just let the kids run out of the locker room and pile up on the sideline and break it down...the other stuff does nothing for me, especially when you are like Abingdon and constantly getting your A$$ handed to you.

Couldn't agree more!

I truly dislike the big inflateable helmets.

At Haysi it wasnt really an intrance but we would line up in the weightroom(the locker room is behind the weightroom) 2x2 and get each other pumped up(slap each others helmets, headbutt, yell, beat on he big metal door, etc) then as we went out slap the "play like champions" sign over the door and walk out onto the field and run through the cheerleaders paper sign. It wasnt really a big flashy entrance but I still get chills, not so much from running out but just getting ready before the door opened.

I miss it :(

I truly dislike the big inflateable helmets.

At Haysi it wasnt really an intrance but we would line up in the weightroom(the locker room is behind the weightroom) 2x2 and get each other pumped up(slap each others helmets, headbutt, yell, beat on he big metal door, etc) then as we went out slap the "play like champions" sign over the door and walk out onto the field and run through the cheerleaders paper sign. It wasnt really a big flashy entrance but I still get chills, not so much from running out but just getting ready before the door opened.

I miss it :(

I'm only one year removed and I can't stand myself. lol