20 years ago tomorrow (9/24/11)...the day music changed...

GMan

Has to be at least in the top 10 of greatest albums of all time. Changed Rock n' Roll forever. Wish Kurt was still alive today.

I would go as far as Top 5 even.

And though part of me too wishes Kurt was still with us, he went out at a good time if there is such a time. He went out at a time where his only place left to go was straight down. He left our hearts still adoring him. Had he still been alive today, I'm not so sure his legacy would be as strong and honestly not so sure this album would still be as loved. Again, I miss Kurt but his image wasn't marred by a fall into mediocrity as we've seen happen countless times.

Who is that?

That has got to be Sarcasm... even if your not a big fan of that genre Kurt was definately ahead of his time and took over the industry more or less for a while there.

Has to be at least in the top 10 of greatest albums of all time. Changed Rock n' Roll forever. Wish Kurt was still alive today.

It's better for Kurt's legacy that he's dead. Hear me out.

He died right at his apex, just after delivering the best "Unplugged" performance ever. Had he decided not to turn the gun on himself, the following would've happened:

1. A messy and violent divorce with Courtney Love.

2. Stint after stint after stint in rehab.

3. A mortal lock to end up on Celebrity Rehab and 2-3 other trash television shows.

4. Banruptcy and/or jail time.

5. A string of barely coherent, blase records that diehard Cobain fans would exalt as "pure genius".

Would we remember Cobain so fondly had he lived? Heck, would we even consider Nirvana better than, say, Smashing Pumpkins? What about the Foo Fighters, which were pretty much "Nirvana - Cobain"?

Devil's advocate. And I obviously typed this before reading Deuces say the exact same thing in 1/5 the space.

Devil's advocate. And I obviously typed this before reading Deuces say the exact same thing in 1/5 the space.

I'm telling ya man, you've been a step behind me for a few weeks now. You're like much more calculated, conservative, Hoo-Version of myself.

And your #5 is the truest thing ever written.

We'd be roasting him for his fall from glory like Charlie Sheen. He died in the era that he created. To live beyond it and to try to continue to be successful would only be him making a mockery of his former self.

And... after an episode of Unsolved Mysteries back in 2002ish, I think Courtney Love straight up murdered him. Conspiracy theory believer, right here.

Guest The Variable
He died right at his apex, just after delivering the best "Unplugged" performance ever.

Yes.

Had he decided not to turn the gun on himself.

You mean, had Courtney Love not had him murdered...

And your #3 was also spot on.

I am still of the opinion that Nirvana, while good was a product of MTV hype. I always preferred Pearl Jam. Give me "Black" over "Smells Like Teen Spirit" every time.

"Ten" and "Vs." were great albums but Pearl Jam "sold out"...kinda like U2 did after "Unforgettable Fire". I'll still listen to "Ten" and "Vs." but won't listen to anything after that...

I wasn't a big fan of the grunge movement as it happened. Particularly did not like Nirvana as they signaled the end of the music I liked as a teenager-heavy metal. However, over the years, I have learned to appreciate Nirvana and especially Pearl Jam.