KUDOS to INGO

Unchained

LOVED this quote from GW coach Ingo (in Bristol paper):

When you get to scores like this and a running clock, you want to make sure that kids aren’t getting injured,†Ingo concluded. “We want to take care of business … but there’s another group on that other sideline working just as hard. We’re not here to embarrass people, and that’s why we tried to give everybody an opportunity

This coming after GW began subbing liberally after getting command of game vs outmanned Northwood

This area needs more of this. It isn't just players who lose respect for the game,but often coaches nowadays as well. It is refreshing to see this

Meant Richlands was AA and wouldn't meet.

Should have just put "A" team in and been done. Burton nor Clintwood has anything for GW or Galax. That will be the fight. Sure didn't mean to compare folks to Richlands. Just talking on different levels...

I actually feel like Burton is and Clintwood is just a touch behind (regardless of what happened in Independence). Truth be told, however, is that Grayson or Giles very could be the best A team in the west.

Any one of those six can beat the other on any given night. I do think Giles is playing the most consistent ball off the bunch, at this point.

I actually feel like Burton is and Clintwood is just a touch behind (regardless of what happened in Independence). Truth be told, however, is that Grayson or Giles very could be the best A team in the west.

Any one of those six can beat the other on any given night. I do think Giles is playing the most consistent ball off the bunch, at this point.

West also includes Gretna, Dan River, and Riverheads.

West also includes Gretna, Dan River, and Riverheads.

True that. I'm just finally getting adjusted to who is D1 and D2. Now I have to get acclimated who migrated from what was known as Region B to West lol.

We were talking more about SWVA, and I'm still in the habit of using the old Region C and D as a standard. My apologies.

True that. I'm just finally getting adjusted to who is D1 and D2. Now I have to get acclimated who migrated from what was known as Region B to West lol.

We were talking more about SWVA, and I'm still in the habit of using the old Region C and D as a standard. My apologies.

Youre not the only one, im just usually able to catch myself before I say anything.

Should have just put "A" team in and been done. Burton nor Clintwood has anything for GW or Galax. That will be the fight. Sure didn't mean to compare folks to Richlands. Just talking on different levels...

Doesn't Galax and Grayson play last game of the year....This should be a dandy... What are GW's strengths. I've met Coach Ingo and he is a great guy. What players are stand outs for GW...I've heard the Lester kid is really good and only a Jr.:)

Great statement by a very good coach ! Has done a great job at GW.

Hey GWloyal, just wanted to congratulate your team on a great season so far.

I was at Bluefield for the Grid-o-rama and watched them against the blues and said then that IMHOP GW would probably win a state title. They have done nothing yet to prove me wrong. Good luck for the rest of your season and I'll be pulling for GW to bring back that title !

I also just wanted to say that Coach Mance also does a good job of playing his players when the blues are up big. Most games the blues could score much more then they do, but he does not want to disrespect the other team and it also in my opinion is one reason that the blues are able to keep reloading every year. Our young guys get plenty of playing time and helps to prepare them for the day they will start. Just my opinion though.

LOVED this quote from GW coach Ingo (in Bristol paper):

When you get to scores like this and a running clock, you want to make sure that kids aren’t getting injured,†Ingo concluded. “We want to take care of business … but there’s another group on that other sideline working just as hard. We’re not here to embarrass people, and that’s why we tried to give everybody an opportunity

This coming after GW began subbing liberally after getting command of game vs outmanned Northwood

This area needs more of this. It isn't just players who lose respect for the game,but often coaches nowadays as well. It is refreshing to see this

It would be nice if every coach in the area felt like this.

Great statement by a very good coach ! Has done a great job at GW.

Hey GWloyal, just wanted to congratulate your team on a great season so far.

I was at Bluefield for the Grid-o-rama and watched them against the blues and said then that IMHOP GW would probably win a state title. They have done nothing yet to prove me wrong. Good luck for the rest of your season and I'll be pulling for GW to bring back that title !

I also just wanted to say that Coach Mance also does a good job of playing his players when the blues are up big. Most games the blues could score much more then they do, but he does not want to disrespect the other team and it also in my opinion is one reason that the blues are able to keep reloading every year. Our young guys get plenty of playing time and helps to prepare them for the day they will start. Just my opinion though.

Thanks man, and congrats on yet ANOTHER great season for Richlands. Does all those wins get old? lol kidding!

Still have work to do before we head into the playoffs, but hopefully there will be multiple champions from SWVA, whether GW is one of them or not.

Doesn't Galax and Grayson play last game of the year....This should be a dandy... What are GW's strengths. I've met Coach Ingo and he is a great guy. What players are stand outs for GW...I've heard the Lester kid is really good and only a Jr.:)

Just a quick reply here.

Our strengths is our ground game and rush defense. Some teams have had some success with a short passing game against us, but nothing to the extent where it's gotten us in trouble. Our passing game is a bit of a mystery right now, because we haven't had to rely on it. It's had moments where it's looked great, and some very mediocre. I feel like it'll be fine.

Some standouts are RB's Hunter Tolley, Jonathan Turpin, and Issac Young. All 3 put up some very good numbers, and usually all 3 are in at the same time. Defensively, I really like LB Jordan Atwood and DE Myron Wynn, but both have missed some time here and there for injury.

Hardy Lester is a very good TE/DE for us also. Key contributer, and I look for us to find him more in the passing game once the playoffs roll around.