Clintwood versus Burton

Wavefan257

burton always playes tough at home,,,in comparison, they got a good o..but in the d department they gave up 34 to lee...pretty sure they had to keep starters in full 4 q, which the wave didn't....if the coach doesn't change gameplan...( which they did a couple of years ago 36-0 loss). they are riding high....and sometimes being high, and at home, doesent mean a win..........................

burton always playes tough at home,,,in comparison, they got a good o..but in the d department they gave up 34 to lee...pretty sure they had to keep starters in full 4 q, which the wave didn't....if the coach doesn't change gameplan...( which they did a couple of years ago 36-0 loss). they are riding high....and sometimes being high, and at home, doesent mean a win..........................

A lot easier to score 34 when you don't turn it over 6 times though too. I wouldn't take too much in that.

Going into the year JIB was the clear fav to win the LPD this season with this game (alone with Union) being there only REAL test before the Playoffs

This game is BIG for both teams #1 in terms of keeping a possible LPD championship alive #2 For Burton to keep a #1 seed through the playoffs (Keeping them away from GW and Galax until a possible championship match up and making an east region team make a LONG road trip) #3 Locking up a 1st round home playoff game for Clintwood and putting them in position to possibly get 2 games at home for the playoffs

Burton has a balanced Offence and will be able to keep Clintwood from loading the box to stop the run.....Burton in general does not have a ton of success vs CWood with the JET however they have over the last few years been able to make some adjustments that have worked.....I think that there is a good chance that EVEN with the new playoff format that this will still be the 1st of 2 games that these teams will play against eachother

Norton has not faced a Defense this year that has such a relentless pursuit as the Wave, they will not have much time to let plays develop. Clintwood has a real power rushing attack with a lot a depth and the line a getting better every game. I see Clintwood taking care of business, they all remember what happened last time they were in Norton. Man for Man Clintwood just has more talent......what is so fantastic about this match up is both communities really get fired up for this Game. The Wave know the LPD Title is on the line and they want it Badly. Norton may win a quarter, but Clintwood Win's the Game....and it will not be close at the end.

I disagree with hawk. I believe it will be one helluva game, maybe 1-5 pts separating them in the end. I also believe that Burton comes out on top. They have one of the better backs around that no-one is talking about in Malik Miles. I think Burton spreads Clintwoods defense thin and gets the W.

i believe clingtwood has a balanced attack on defense and offense. What gets me is norton hasnt really played anybody yet. Yes clintwwod lost to bad games but they have learned from their mistakes and have won three in a row. The only weapon norton has is speed! It will be close. Clintwood 28 Norton 21

Just my opinion, but i feel like clintwood will win. Im a firm believer in defense wins the game and IMO clintwood has a better defense than burton. JIB is solid on offense but they struggle some on defense against good running backs. Clintwood is tough on d and 11 for the wave IMO is just as fast as any of the JIB backs. I give Clintwood the edge in a close game, lets say 28 to 21 greenwave