Suck 4 Luck

Ryan4VT

Who wins the Suck for Luck sweepstakes?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Suck for Luck sweepstakes?

• Dolphins
    • Colts
    • Cheifs
    • Vikings

I love the Greatest of All Time statements. In a pass based league Manning is a great, but Brady has more rings, and so does Big Ben.

Historically Unitas has more rings and put up huge numbers in a run oriented league.

Otto Graham was a pure winner. Starr won three in a row. Dan Fouts put up a ton of yards when passing wasn't in vogue.

I love the Greatest of All Time statements. In a pass based league Manning is a great, but Brady has more rings, and so does Big Ben.

Historically Unitas has more rings and put up huge numbers in a run oriented league.

Otto Graham was a pure winner. Starr won three in a row. Dan Fouts put up a ton of yards when passing wasn't in vogue.

Dan Marino...'nuff said...

The GOAT statement is just so wide open. Warren Moon - Combined CFL & NFL numbers are off the charts. Marino, clearly. Montana, Young, Lamonica (skewing old school), Stabler has more rings than Manning.

Whoa! What up, superlative. You really think he's the best ever? I think there will be some argument against that.

I knew I would take a beating over it, but he is the number 1 or 2 player of all time at QB. He has a ring in an offense where it's All Him. Brady had an amazing supporting cast. Big ben had a great supporting cast and a stout D, Peyton hasn't had any of that. He's basically the OC on the field. What percentage of plays does he Not change at the line. And I'm not saying all this bc I'm a Colts fan, greatness is greatness.

Guest The Variable
Not so fast my friend. Terry Bradshaw!!!!!

Nope, Joe cool was the best. No QB has more rings, none equal his SB MVPs. You look on a list and hes in all of the records. Not at the top but hes on the list. QB rating, TDs, Yards, Comp %, Win %. On top of all that he could scramble. After Marino, I think all of the QBs now benefit from having absolutely too much pass rules in their favor. You cannot rough the passer in any way ect. Ill never consider Peyton as a great for his number, but because of his brain behind center. Rodgers, Brady, ect...they all can put up the numbers but thats a product of what the NFL has created.

Montana isnt anywhere near as annoying as Bradshaw. I remember the one year Fox had him next to Howie. Bradshaw is a shmuck.

There is none greater than Joe Montana. Just ask the greatest football player of all time who is the best: Jerry Rice says its Joe Montana. They even named a state after him...and scarface.

Edited by The Variable

Ahh Montana.... The perfect "system" QB. No doubt he belongs among the all time greats. BTW, Bart Starr has 5 rings - 3 NFL + 2 Super Bowl.

I love the comment about Manning being the OC on the field. Some of us remember the days when all QBs called their own plays. That is one of the intangibles that gets left out of the discussion of greatness.

All of the rules that have opened up passing and protect the QB have made comparisons very difficult.

I knew I would take a beating over it, but he is the number 1 or 2 player of all time at QB. He has a ring in an offense where it's All Him. Brady had an amazing supporting cast. Big ben had a great supporting cast and a stout D, Peyton hasn't had any of that. He's basically the OC on the field. What percentage of plays does he Not change at the line. And I'm not saying all this bc I'm a Colts fan, greatness is greatness.

I think Peyton is great too, but combined Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, & Dallas Clark are better than any 3 you could combine that Brady has had to throw to.

Guest The Variable
I think Peyton is great too, but combined Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, & Dallas Clark are better than any 3 you could combine that Brady has had to throw to.

Moss, Welker and now two very good young TEs. Plus the Patriots still won with Cassell. Look what the Colts do without Peyton.

Moss, Welker and now two very good young TEs. Plus the Patriots still won with Cassell. Look what the Colts do without Peyton.

Exactly. Take Brady away, still a playoff team. Take Big Ben away, still a playoff team. Take Peyton away, a potential 0-fer season. He is the most valuable player to any team, ever.

Guest The Variable
Exactly. Take Brady away, still a playoff team. Take Big Ben away, still a playoff team. Take Peyton away, a potential 0-fer season. He is the most valuable player to any team, ever.

Rapistberger is a big dumb animal. He will never be considered one of the great QBs. He might rise as high as Boomer or Elway but that is where it stops. His only talent is his size and taking that away he is one of the least impressive QBs to start since Ware got the Lions gig. Palomalu is the heart and soul of the Steelers. They are a losing team when he doesnt play. Defence is the Steelers key to victory.

Rapistberger is a big dumb animal. He will never be considered one of the great QBs. He might rise as high as Boomer or Elway but that is where it stops. His only talent is his size and taking that away he is one of the least impressive QBs to start since Ware got the Lions gig. Palomalu is the heart and soul of the Steelers. They are a losing team when he doesnt play. Defence is the Steelers key to victory.

I hate him as much as the next person. And I frequently make the point of his Super Bowl stats proving him to be an average at best QB. I just included him because someone else had said his name in an earlier post. Lol.

You can't really count the cassle at qb and them making the playoffs as a success that team suffered big time when Brady got hurt they hand just went within one game of being undefeated. Brady is by far and away a better QB than peyton can ever think about being I can't stand when people try to put the 2 on the same level because they are not.

You can't really count the cassle at qb and them making the playoffs as a success that team suffered big time when Brady got hurt they hand just went within one game of being undefeated. Brady is by far and away a better QB than peyton can ever think about being I can't stand when people try to put the 2 on the same level because they are not.

If Brady had to audible out of every play his OC called then you guys wouldn't even be saying Peyton is the best. If Brady's OC sucked as bad as Peyton's and he had to make audibles every time he walked up to the line, we would all be in agreement Brady is the best. Peyton is a mirage. He may be the most valuable player to his team, but by no means is he the best QB. Brady trumps all when it comes to the best.

Guest The Variable

Did you perchance, forget that Peyton went undefeated through the regular season 2 years ago. The only reason the Colts were 14-2 is because they benched him for those last two games against the Bills and the Jets (who only had a little momentum at that). Brady does well because he runs up stats...hes not much of a sportsman and since he left his preggers girlfriend to date a supermodel, hes probably not all that much of a human being either. He has benefitted in the past from an almost implacable defense back in the days of Vrabel and Bruski because that is what Belechick does best. Is Brady a good QB? Yes, hes even great...but bringing up an almost undefeated season as a reason hes better than Peyton? Please. Bob Griese went undefeated too and hes not EVER brought up in great QB discussions.

Peyton has NEVER had a defense to supplement an offense that he makes happen. The only thing the Colts ever had going for them were hall of fame caliber DEs and some pretty good safeties (now just safety).

Defenses arent scared of Brady, they are scared of Belechick. They do fear Peyton. If you rush Brady, he folds. If you rush Peyton, he audibles and then scores a TD.

Guest The Variable
How many times have we seen peyton lose the big game? Over and Over he has come up short in big game situations peyton is a good qb hes not great. Peyton is good during the regular season but in the playoffs he disappears.

Brady has been equally ineffective since 07. Again, when the Pats have been winners, they have had a defense. The past 2 years the D has been weak...as a result they have failed to make it past their 1st playoff game. Seems that Brady fares no better than Manning without a D at his back.

Brady has been equally ineffective since 07. Again, when the Pats have been winners, they have had a defense. The past 2 years the D has been weak...as a result they have failed to make it past their 1st playoff game. Seems that Brady fares no better than Manning without a D at his back.

Brady's overrated, IMHO. He's thrown up some HUGE clunkers in some games. Killed two of my fantasy teams with performances like 7-18 for 86 yards and 2 TDs. He's the 4th-best QB in the league behind P. Manning, Rodgers, Brees. I'm talking strictly in terms of being a QB, not the team success.