Top 5

wave316

Who do you feel are the top five runningbacks in Swva?? 1. Tyler Graham -Lee.2. Devon Johnson --Richlands..3. Gavan Meade --Clintwood.4..? 5? What's your thoughts ...Does Brett Johnson of Chilhowie make it or Malik Miles of Burton, Jarrod Honaker of Honaker?? Tyler Bergolowe of Hurley??:)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would put Johnson number 1. Imagine if he played against Central, Burton, thomas walker, clintwood, etc. he barely gets any of the carries that Tyler Graham gets because Richlands blows everyone out. One game they did play against same team he was injured, so don't try and throw the Union game out there. Lets see how Tyler does against Gate City.

I would put Johnson number 1. Imagine if he played against Central, Burton, thomas walker, clintwood, etc. he barely gets any of the carries that Tyler Graham gets because Richlands blows everyone out. One game they did play against same team he was injured, so don't try and throw the Union game out there. Lets see how Tyler does against Gate City.

I accept your reasoning here... We will see how Graham fares with Gate City..

Yep. When you have 12 carries and over 200 yards, imagine what it would be if you weren't already up 35 points and got 12 more carries. If we had stiff compition, I'd go as far as to say he'd be closing in on 1,500 now. Maybe more.

How dare you put someone else over a richlands great, what were you thinking, haha.

Ha ha!! Ive seen Graham fun in person ..He's outstanding in the open field. I haven't seen Johnson run ...is he more of a power runner??

Ha ha!! Ive seen Graham fun in person ..He's outstanding in the open field. I haven't seen Johnson run ...is he more of a power runner??

Meant ''run in person'' ha ...guess he's fun in person too! :)

Both. Very powerful, then when he needs to, he turns it to another gear and makes everyone miss.

Who do you feel are the top five runningbacks in Swva?? 1. Tyler Graham -Lee.2. Devon Johnson --Richlands..3. Gavan Meade --Clintwood.4..? 5? What's your thoughts ...Does Brett Johnson of Chilhowie make it or Malik Miles of Burton, Jarrod Honaker of Honaker?? Tyler Bergolowe of Hurley??:)

Jarrod Honaker or Honaker? That's just too perfect.

Guest The Variable
Yep. When you have 12 carries and over 200 yards, imagine what it would be if you weren't already up 35 points and got 12 more carries. If we had stiff compition, I'd go as far as to say he'd be closing in on 1,500 now. Maybe more.

At the same time, however, if the competition were better, he wouldnt be putting up the same yards per carry. The defense would be better.

It truely is very hard to tell. Having seen him play though, he is extremely talented.

lets get real, any running back, whether its johnson, graham, cain,turpin, etc are as good as their LINE...................lets put one running back, nomatter whom it is, one against 11, yoU're not gonna get much.......if anything...........i'm old school,,,,yea, my buddy can run,,,,but we gotta block for him...............

lets get real, any running back, whether its johnson, graham, cain,turpin, etc are as good as their LINE...................lets put one running back, nomatter whom it is, one against 11, yoU're not gonna get much.......if anything...........i'm old school,,,,yea, my buddy can run,,,,but we gotta block for him...............

Very, very true. And we here at Richlands have been blessed with amazing lines over the last decade. The lines never get enough love, and I'm just as guilty as the next person for overlooking what they do on a gamly basis.

Great lines are a must...but it doesn't mean there are not great backs who can break tacklles ,twist on a dime and get you must needed yardage for key first downs!

Olines are everything to an offense.

But that has nothin to do w/ a RBs sklill.

1) Graham (power, speed, elusive)

2) D Johnson (speed, POWER)

3) G Meade (Not overly fast or strong but HARD to stop/bring down)

4) B Johnson (I havent seen him but stats dont lie)

5) Berglowe (Speed, elusive, tough, another one that is just hard to bring down)

Honerable mention

Honaker, Cain, Miles, Turpin, Anders, Blair, Brewer

Edited by redtiger

agree

olines are everything to an offense.

But that has nothin to do w/ a rbs sklill.

1) graham (power, speed, elusive)

2) d johnson (speed, power)

3) g meade (not overly fast or strong but hard to stop/bring down)

4) b johnson (i havent seen him but stats dont lie)

5) berglowe (speed, elusive, tough, another one that is just hard to bring down)

honerable mention

honaker, cain, miles, turpin, anders, blair, brewer

i would have honaker over berglowe.berglowe is a good runner and lots of yrds but how stiff is his competition outside the district and how many times does he touch the ball in a single game?

True, im taking into consideration last season. He put up big #s against good competition. If I had done a top 10 Honaker would hav been 6.

Anders and Brewer are very good backs that just get overlooked because of who they share a backfield with.

Anyone know the stats for these guys? I think the 12 I mentioned covers the top guys in the area Western D1, D2 and Region IV