THS Football Problems....

Gym

All I can say is I hope that people will come out tonight and support them and get behind them on this transition.

Will be nice to have players that want to play their hearts out on the team instead of being selfish.

I can't make Carroll or Abingdon, but I will be there for Richlands. Win or lose, Tazewell fans need to show love for these guys.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May have been. If I remember right we went 6-4 that year and made it to semifinal against Gretna.

yeah and the only reason you guys made the trip to Gretna is because Va High beat Grundy 6-0 in OT in a game where every TD Grundy scored was called back by the refs. Total BS game. That was 2004. VA High was a sorry team that year and shouldn't have even been in the playoffs but got the automatic bid for winning 3 games against a weak Highlands District at the time. Grundy had just beaten them (28-13) the week before and Tazewell (35-14) 2 weeks earlier.

My original point was though, that Wyatt didn't just walk in to a great team...it took him a couple of years to straighten that place out and even there there was a lot of change going on. He did a good job with it and he was a good coach.

Change will have to start with the parents and the town before you can expect the kids to change...otherwise you will just continue to get what you have had.

yeah and the only reason you guys made the trip to Gretna is because Va High beat Grundy 6-0 in OT in a game where every TD Grundy scored was called back by the refs. Total BS game. That was 2004. VA High was a sorry team that year and shouldn't have even been in the playoffs but got the automatic bid for winning 3 games against a weak Highlands District at the time. Grundy had just beaten them (28-13) the week before and Tazewell (35-14) 2 weeks earlier.

My original point was though, that Wyatt didn't just walk in to a great team...it took him a couple of years to straighten that place out and even there there was a lot of change going on. He did a good job with it and he was a good coach.

Change will have to start with the parents and the town before you can expect the kids to change...otherwise you will just continue to get what you have had.

Cool Story Bro. You should tell that at parties.

come on Jerry you know I have better stories than that to tell at parties....

Haha. I'm sure you do. Would have loved to had a rematch with Grundy that year. Would have been a tall order. However, we were playing very good at the time.

you guys improved a lot in two weeks huh? lol. Getting beat on your home field by 3 TDs and then playing the same team 3 weeks later...i dunno...Grundy got beat like that tonight and I dont know if playing Clintwood 3 weeks from now would be any different...sometimes you just lose to a better team, and that's ok...it is what it is.

you guys improved a lot in two weeks huh? lol. Getting beat on your home field by 3 TDs and then playing the same team 3 weeks later...i dunno...Grundy got beat like that tonight and I dont know if playing Clintwood 3 weeks from now would be any different...sometimes you just lose to a better team, and that's ok...it is what it is.

Guess we will never know. We took care of our business against Graham. Thats all we could do. We couldn't control the outcome of other games.

Guess we will never know. We took care of our business against Graham. Thats all we could do. We couldn't control the outcome of other games.

yep...i think Gretna was the last game for everyone that year anyway.