Bama/LSU

Ditto

I know the game is a couple weeks away and there probably aren't very many fans on this forum of either team, but it will/should have a huge impact on the nc picture overall this year, so how do you guys see the game going? Im a Bama fan so I hope they pull it out, but honestly I can see it going either way as I feel they are the 2 best teams atm in the country.

I know the game is a couple weeks away and there probably aren't very many fans on this forum of either team, but it will/should have a huge impact on the nc picture overall this year, so how do you guys see the game going? Im a Bama fan so I hope they pull it out, but honestly I can see it going either way as I feel they are the 2 best teams atm in the country.

I'm hoping Bama will come out strong in the first quarter. If they play the first half like they played against UT, it could be a long day for the Tide. Cyrus K (o-tackle) was out for the Tennessee game, and Bama needs him vs LSU for depth. Steen (o-guard) was also injured, and hopefully the week off will give him enough time to heal. As the offensive line goes, so goes the Bama offense. If they are able to open holes for Richardson, Lacy and Fowler, and give McCarron time to throw, Bama should be fine. We might see "Air Bama" for a while until the LSU defense begins to respect the pass. That's what Bama did in the second half vs the Vols. The first half of the UT game was frustrating because UT was putting 8 and 9 in the box and Bama was still trying to run the ball. That can't happen vs LSU. The defense has to be ready for their biggest challenge all year. Gotta smother Rueben Randall all day. He's a game changer. The d-line will need to be strong against probably the best running team Bama has faced all year. I'm looking forward to it. Should be the game of the year, especially if you like watching two teams beat the hell out of each other.

Edited by blueinbama

They are the two best teams in the country. I think LSU is more talented though. They have a ton of weapons on offense. Their WR's are all very good. Then you add Ware and Blue. Now they have Hillard coming on. They also can really play two styles with Lee and Jefferson. I do think Bama has an edge at QB vs either of those but when you can change it up like they do it makes it hard to defend.

I also think LSU is going to sell out stopping the run. McCarron is going to have to beat them. They are loaded in he secondary. If he can hit a few passes Bama could open them up just enough to run it right at them. It should be a great game.

Bama has some big advantages as well. I think having home field is huge. Also I think Bama has a coaching advantage which I think will be just as big in a game like this. I think Miles may take a few risks that you just can't take in a game like this. I think it comes down to turnovers, penalty’s, and special teams. Also negative plays on offense will play a big role. The reason I say that is I think field position will turn out to be very important because I think Saban will steal a FG or two somewhere.

With all that. I think Bama wins. But I have to say I am pulling for LSU. I am a UT fan...... looking forward to it.

This game is the National Championship game IMO. LSU and Alabama are hands down the 2 best teams in college football right now.

LSU has played more ranked opponents and have had a tougher schedule than Alabama and have traveled to very tough venues. LSU is a more complete team than Alabama. If LSU can stop/limit Trent Richardson then LSU wins, if LSU can't stop/limit him then LSU still wins, it will just be closer.

This is, for all intents and purposes, the National Championship game, especially now that Oklahoma has become the Oklahoma we all know and love. I like Alabama and the modern-day Bear Bryant.

This game is the National Championship game IMO. LSU and Alabama are hands down the 2 best teams in college football right now.

LSU has played more ranked opponents and have had a tougher schedule than Alabama and have traveled to very tough venues. LSU is a more complete team than Alabama. If LSU can stop/limit Trent Richardson then LSU wins, if LSU can't stop/limit him then LSU still wins, it will just be closer.

LSU will put eight in the box until McCarron makes them respect the pass. This game will be more about Alabama's ability (or inability) to throw the ball early than running it. If Bama tries to run the ball down LSU's throat, they will not be successful. If McCarron gets the passing game going early, that will open up the running game late, and that plays right into Alabama's hands. And I'm not buying the argument that LSU is a more complete team than Alabama on offense or defense. They may prove me wrong on Nov. 5, but nothing this season has proven that to be true. It's a pretty even match up across the board, with Bama having a slight edge in the stats department on defense.

LSU will put eight in the box until McCarron makes them respect the pass. This game will be more about Alabama's ability (or inability) to throw the ball early than running it. If Bama tries to run the ball down LSU's throat, they will not be successful. If McCarron gets the passing game going early, that will open up the running game late, and that plays right into Alabama's hands. And I'm not buying the argument that LSU is a more complete team than Alabama on offense or defense. They may prove me wrong on Nov. 5, but nothing this season has proven that to be true. It's a pretty even match up across the board, with Bama having a slight edge in the stats department on defense.

You wouldn't trade your Wide outs for LSU's? I am not saying Bama isn't as good overall. But LSU has the edge at WR. I do think Bama's D is better. But LSU has more talent at the skill spots. IMO.....

The reason I say they are more complete is because they are just so consistent and I don't see any flaws. Also they are more complete because of the depth that they have, they have had numerous suspensions this year and haven't lost a beat. Alabama is a very complete team but not as complete as LSU solely for the reason that Alabama is not very impressive throwing the ball. They rely heavily on their running game whereas LSU can throw or run for touchdowns and the touchdowns are evenly spread around 3 or 4 guys and Alabama just has Richardson.

You wouldn't trade your Wide outs for LSU's? I am not saying Bama isn't as good overall. But LSU has the edge at WR. I do think Bama's D is better. But LSU has more talent at the skill spots. IMO.....

That's not what I said. I said I'm not buying that LSU is a more complete team than Bama. LSU may have the edge at wide receiver, but Bama has the edge at RB's. Bama is also very talented at wide receiver. Maze, Hanks and company have done an excellent job this season. Bama has the edge on defense IMO. I think these teams match up very well, and are very close talent wise. Just don't buy the argument that LSU is more complete.

I think Jordan Jefferson is the best QB in this game, and that is great for Alabama since he won't be playing the majority of the snaps. IMO McCarron > Lee.

LSU makes it easy for Lee to throw the ball and put up stats. Most of his throws are 4-7 yards, and the YAC turns them into huge plays.

Alabama played the most complete game I've seen them play against Ole Miss, but I actually liked how they played against Tennesse to help their chances against LSU. They couldn't rely on their running game and had to turn to McCarron to air the ball out,w hich only helps them against Lsu's good secondary. I think he has proved that he can make the down field throws when given time. ((Alabamas offensive line should be completely healthy for this Game))

The difference maker in this game for Bama needs to be Hanks imo. They're going to load up against Richardson and Maze, so he needs to be the one that burns LSU downfield on one of them Playaction plays. I'd also like to seem them play Blake Sims some. He's a redshirt freshman, #6. If anyone seen the end of the Ole Miss game, he had 5 carries for 74 yards, and he's more of a WR than a RB. Played QB in high school, would like to see him line up in the Wild Tide instead of Maze or Richardson sometime. They list him on the roster as an "athlete," I wish they would use him as one.

*on a side note, I know the heisman race is sort of up for grabs, but Bama has possibly 4 more games before the voting & Trent Richardson already has 17 TD's on the season. That is the same # of TD's that Mark Ingram had his whole heisman season.

Side note I hope Clemson gets their chance at the winner.

I don't see that one happening. Clemson won't run the entire table. I think if VT wins out and they meet in Charlotte, Clemson may be leaving a little heart-broken. VT is mad. And the last time they were mad at a team, BC 2007, they met again, and won.

BAMA defense enough said. BAMA 24 LSU 10. Side note I hope Clemson gets their chance at the winner.

clemson is on a up year, but they're not even close to being within 2 td's of bama or lsu.

A lot of interesting opinions, I think there is going to be a ton of talent on the field.You have to have a ton of respect for both teams, I can't imagine some of the hits that will happen as both of the d's have the big hitters.Been a while since I been this excited about a game, now all I got to do is wait 2 weeks :(

I don't see that one happening. Clemson won't run the entire table. I think if VT wins out and they meet in Charlotte, Clemson may be leaving a little heart-broken. VT is mad. And the last time they were mad at a team, BC 2007, they met again, and won.

I would love to see VT win the ACC but I don't think it will happen this year. With BS calling plays our O is BS and our D is just to young. If VT meets Clemson in Charlotte I will be there to cheer them on but I don't see us winning it. Everyone thinks no one has a chance at LSU or BAMA but I would like to see the ACC get their chance. It would go a long ways for the conference if the ACC could pull off the BCS title. Not saying it would/could happen but it would be awesome.

I have always been a "defense first" kind of guy myself, and the old saying that defense wins championships holds up pretty well. Even Auburn played pretty well defensively toward the end of the year in 2010, especially in the BCSCG. That's how the SEC has dominated for the past several years. This is going to sound like a homer comment, but I swear this Alabama defense is one of the best I have ever seen. LSU is a close second. Man I hope I don't have to eat those words in about 11 days.

I would love to see VT win the ACC but I don't think it will happen this year. With BS calling plays our O is BS and our D is just to young. If VT meets Clemson in Charlotte I will be there to cheer them on but I don't see us winning it. Everyone thinks no one has a chance at LSU or BAMA but I would like to see the ACC get their chance. It would go a long ways for the conference if the ACC could pull off the BCS title. Not saying it would/could happen but it would be awesome.

Maybe you want to check again to see who's calling plays for VT, and also how our offense is doing this year. Also, don't use the word "our". That word is reserved for those fans who actually follow a team, and even then it's a little odd.

But the Bama/LSU game is going to come down to Lee/Jefferson vs. McCarron. Whoever makes less mistakes, wins.

You also have to consider the Les Miles factor. He likes the well timed trick play, so you would think Alabama would have to be ready for that. Also, if this game comes down to LSU having to run a 2-minute offense, then Alabama will win. Miles and Co. have been historically horrendous in the last minutes of a game they have to win...

Maybe you want to check again to see who's calling plays for VT, and also how our offense is doing this year. Also, don't use the word "our". That word is reserved for those fans who actually follow a team, and even then it's a little odd.

But the Bama/LSU game is going to come down to Lee/Jefferson vs. McCarron. Whoever makes less mistakes, wins.

You also have to consider the Les Miles factor. He likes the well timed trick play, so you would think Alabama would have to be ready for that. Also, if this game comes down to LSU having to run a 2-minute offense, then Alabama will win. Miles and Co. have been historically horrendous in the last minutes of a game they have to win...

I think you are right mistakes will decide the outcome of LSU/BAMA.

I think I have spent enough time and money at VT to call them our/my team. I may not have time to keep up with everything going on with the team but I have seen enough to know we do not have a great O and the D needs a little time to grow up.

I think I have spent enough time and money at VT to call them our/my team. I may not have time to keep up with everything going on with the team but I have seen enough to know we do not have a great O and the D needs a little time to grow up.

It takes about 30 seconds to find out who's calling plays and who's coordinating. I'm with VT4Life on this one. "Our" is a very tricky proposition, one that really shouldn't be used that often.

Shaking_head.gif

It takes about 30 seconds to find out who's calling plays and who's coordinating. I'm with VT4Life on this one. "Our" is a very tricky proposition, one that really shouldn't be used that often.

Offensive Coordinator and Tight Ends/Offensive Tackles Coach Bryan Stinespring

Offensive Coordinator and Tight Ends/Offensive Tackles Coach Bryan Stinespring

Mike O'Cain, QB Coach is calling the plays.

And VT's offense has been solid, if not good this year. Go look up stats for Logan Thomas (VT's QB), David Wilson (RB), Danny Coale (WR), and Jarrett Boykin (WR). You'll be surprised.

Now back to Bama/LSU!

Should be a good game. Sorry to take over the thread, everyone.