Div. 3 Playoffs

Nadoball

Whats the chance that Richlands will still be able to host Cave Spring if Cave wins there last game? (Didn't see Cave beating Cburg---shock to me)

It can still happen. But we need some help. Gate City beating Clintwood would be huge. We should also be pulling for a few upsets over on Caves schedule. I'm still not 100% sold that Cave will beat Hidden Valley. Coming off a win like that one, there could be a bit of a hang over. And with it being a rivalry game, HV wants nothing more than to ruin Caves fun.

It can still happen. But we need some help. Gate City beating Clintwood would be huge. We should also be pulling for a few upsets over on Caves schedule. I'm still not 100% sold that Cave will beat Hidden Valley. Coming off a win like that one, there could be a bit of a hang over. And with it being a rivalry game, HV wants nothing more than to ruin Caves fun.

This is twice I have seen where Gate City beating Clintwood is huge. Doesnt it have the same point value as any other team. For example, Union beating whoever they play? Or am I missing something? :)

whatever place they finish I hope Marion is on the opposite side of the seeding so the Blues dont knock us out of the playoffs again that gets old haha..... I dont think Marion has played Cave Spring in football so I would like to see that if we get that far

This is twice I have seen where Gate City beating Clintwood is huge. Doesnt it have the same point value as any other team. For example, Union beating whoever they play? Or am I missing something? :)

It carries no extra points to my knowledge, but it's the game that looks to be the hardest of the teams we have beat to get the win. The SWD teams are a wash. Graham should beat Narrows, Honaker should beat Haysi, etc... That is just the game that we NEED. Lol.

It carries no extra points to my knowledge, but it's the game that looks to be the hardest of the teams we have beat to get the win. The SWD teams are a wash. Graham should beat Narrows, Honaker should beat Haysi, etc... That is just the game that we NEED. Lol.

Ok, cool. :) Was what I thought, was just clarifying

Ok, cool. :) Was what I thought, was just clarifying

No prob. Glad to clear it up. This Friday will be exciting for sure. Gonna be checking the updates on here pretty often while at the RHS/THS game.

Thanks! I pretty much had it clear but your clarification of my being unclear helped clear up the fogginess!!!! LOL :)

I had to read that four seperate times to wrap my head around that one. Hahaha. That was easily the most confusing sentence I've ever seen. Lmao.

This Cave Spring-Hidden Valley game is very hard to predict.

Hidden Valley has been very predictable this year. The Titans have lost to teams they were supposed to lose to and have won the games they were supposed to win.

Cave on the other hand has looked like world beaters at times (CBurg and 1st half vs Salem) and has looked horrible at others (Northside and 2nd half vs Salem)

Cave is technically the "home team" but these teams share Bogle Field anyway so I'm not sure that is an advantage.

All in all this is a big rivalry game that wouldn't surprise me if it went either way.

What do you guys think of Gate City vs Clintwood? If Cave wins that game will be huge in deciding the seeds.

This Cave Spring-Hidden Valley game is very hard to predict.

Hidden Valley has been very predictable this year. The Titans have lost to teams they were supposed to lose to and have won the games they were supposed to win.

Cave on the other hand has looked like world beaters at times (CBurg and 1st half vs Salem) and has looked horrible at others (Northside and 2nd half vs Salem)

Cave is technically the "home team" but these teams share Bogle Field anyway so I'm not sure that is an advantage.

All in all this is a big rivalry game that wouldn't surprise me if it went either way.

What do you guys think of Gate City vs Clintwood? If Cave wins that game will be huge in deciding the seeds.

Bogle field is an interesting situation, not very often both teams have Homefield advantage!!! William Fleming and PH-Roanoke used to share Victory Stadium in the Noke. I think the city finally decided to tear it down and build each new stadiums (read it somewhere sometime). RIP Victory Stadium!!!!

Bogle field is an interesting situation, not very often both teams have Homefield advantage!!! William Fleming and PH-Roanoke used to share Victory Stadium in the Noke. I think the city finally decided to tear it down and build each new stadiums (read it somewhere sometime). RIP Victory Stadium!!!!

Only other one I can think of is Mitchell Stadium with Bluefield and Graham.

As for the Cave-Hidden Valley game, I see Hidden Valley winning. Cave will have a hang over. And I see the rivalry as being extra fuel for HV to come out on top of a close one. However, if Cave wins, then the Gate City-Clintwood games becomes MASSIVE. We NEED Gate City to win in a bad way.

I had to read that four seperate times to wrap my head around that one. Hahaha. That was easily the most confusing sentence I've ever seen. Lmao.

Atleast it accomplished what I wanted it to do!! :)

Man, I'll be listening to the radio for scores and checking them on my phone while watching the game in Tazewell this Friday..........going to be a very exciting & nerve racking Friday night ! Go HV & GC & Honaker and everybody else we have played this year......LOL !!!!

I will update the scores as the Cave Spring vs. Hidden Valley game is played.

tjwitten

Cave Spring can beat Hidden Valley. Remember our starting QB is out and Tony Simmons is running the Wild Knight. Hidden Valley will be ready and pumped for this game. Full house? (I wish the Cave Spring fans would turn out like the Richlands fans)

I believe the cold wet night helped CS vs Cburg. Cburg couldn't stop the run. Tony ran like a wildman. I believe he could not run like that all season with out an injury.

Full game set uploading

I was planning a Richlands playoff road trip, (RHS 84 -the really bad years) I reserved a bed room @ my moms.

The City of Roanoke did indeed finally demolish Victory Stadium after a much heated political debate. Victory Stadium was a great facility in its day with a capacity of 25,000. Unfortunately, after years of neglect it became a liability and nothing to look at. The City built very nice campus facilities for both Patrick Henry and William Fleming. The PH field can accommodate 3,000 fans while the Fleming field can host up to 5,000. Bogle Field is a pretty nice and well maintained facility that serves as the home filed for both Cave Spring and Hidden Valley.

The Cave-Hidden Valley is indeed a fierce rivalry here in the Roanoke Valley. Obviously, it is on a much smaller scale than the Bluefield-Graham game but interesting how a neighborhood street divides the enrollments of each school. Students living in the same neighborhood can go to a different school than their neighbors and thus the rivalry was created.

Knowing that Cave Spring has very much at stake in this game don't expect the Knights not to be ready. Look for this one to be close early on but I see Cave Spring exploding in the second half. Having seen Richlands, Cave Spring, and Hidden Valley play this year my gut .... and my heart (Southwest Virginia ties) ... has the Blues headed to the state semi-finals once again.

No hangover here .... Cave Spring wins this one!

Besides beeing a Richlands fan this week I will also be pulling for Gc, Honaker, Union, Graham, Roockbridge, S River, and Tunstal. The Blues also need Salem and North Side to win also becauae Cave has beat both the teams they are playing.

I thought Cave should have beaten Richlands last year, the two TD's called back killed them...but, they have lost a couple of key players since then...I hope that if Richlands and Cave meet again this year that I can go...would love to see that match up again.

I thought Cave should have beaten Richlands last year, the two TD's called back killed them...but, they have lost a couple of key players since then...I hope that if Richlands and Cave meet again this year that I can go...would love to see that match up again.

I think Richlands vs Cave would be a very good match-up.

I have seen both teams several times this year and they are very similar.

Both offenses revolve around very good RBs. I would call it a tie between the two.

QB play is equal also. Richlands is better at Passing but Cave's QB can run better.

The biggest glaring difference to me is on defense.

Richlands is much better in pass coverage. Cave will struggle against a good passing team.

Also Cave does not have a kicking game. They won't even try extra points and kickoffs don't even go to the 20 so field position could be an issue.

All in all I would say that Richlands would win by 2 scores at Ernie Hicks.

Cave can keep it within a TD at Bogle.

I think Richlands vs Cave would be a very good match-up.

I have seen both teams several times this year and they are very similar.

Both offenses revolve around very good RBs. I would call it a tie between the two.

QB play is equal also. Richlands is better at Passing but Cave's QB can run better.

The biggest glaring difference to me is on defense.

Richlands is much better in pass coverage. Cave will struggle against a good passing team.

Also Cave does not have a kicking game. They won't even try extra points and kickoffs don't even go to the 20 so field position could be an issue.

All in all I would say that Richlands would win by 2 scores at Ernie Hicks.

Cave can keep it within a TD at Bogle.

Thank you for the imput. It's always nice to hear an oppinion from someone who has seen both teams and is looking at it objectivly. Kind of refreshing, actually.