LSU / Bama

HokieHigh

Tough defenses for both teams.

Did anyone else think the Bama receiver had possession of the ball when his backside hit the ground? I did... even after the replay. Looked to me like the LSU defender took it away from him after he was down.

The officials know waaaay more than I do... but...

Did anyone else think the Bama receiver had possession of the ball when his backside hit the ground? I did... even after the replay. Looked to me like the LSU defender took it away from him after he was down.

Thought the Bama reciever had possession ...but I can see thee refs position too... Was a Game Changer!

Guest The Variable

Alabama set themselves up for failure by not taking advantage when they were in scoring position. If they had done that, there would have been no overtime.

I too thought the receiver had possession and was down. If Bama would have made a few of those field goals that would not have mattered. Would love to see these two back in the national championship game for a rematch.

I thought the Bama receiver had possesion, and even in a "Tie" it is supposed to go to the receiver, you could point to several different things Bama could have done better but that call changed the game entirely was was pure BS.

I always thought the rule was if there is dual-possession when hitting the ground (which it looked to me like they both had it) that it was who comes up with it?? I could be wrong though?

Concerning the interception at the goal line, I thought the call could have gone either way, but there was not enough evidence to overturn the call upon review. If the official had ruled the Bama receiver had possession, the same would have applied. It was that close. But I don't blame the loss on that play alone. I was disappointed in some of the play calling, and Bama had several opportunities to score when they came up empty. You can't do that against a good team like LSU. Congrats to LSU.

Saban was out coached by Miles.

Hmm...no. Saban was out kicked by Les Miles' kicker.

Saban is thrice the cerebral coach of Les Miles. Bama had more total yards, TOP, less penalties, more 3rd down conversions, and more passing yards than LSU. LSU just made more FG's.

I thought the Bama receiver had possesion, and even in a "Tie" it is supposed to go to the receiver, you could point to several different things Bama could have done better but that call changed the game entirely was was pure BS.

I completely disagreed with that call. Bama receiver clearly had possession when he hit the ground, and right there is where the play ends. There was no "tie" at that point, and even so, a tie favors the offense. A blown call that cost Alabama a chance at a national title.

Makes such a great game about 10% less great.

I at first thought the call would get overturned. After seeing the end zone angle, I wasn't so sure. The Bama receiver caught the ball, but on the way down the LSU DB appeared to cause the receiver to lose control of the ball and gain possession of it. Bang bang call either way, and as said in this thread, there wasn't enough evidence to overturn it.

I completely disagreed with that call. Bama receiver clearly had possession when he hit the ground, and right there is where the play ends. There was no "tie" at that point, and even so, a tie favors the offense. A blown call that cost Alabama a chance at a national title.

Makes such a great game about 10% less great.

I agree that in my mind there was no tie also UVA, I just threw that in there to point out that even in a tie it goes to the receiver (supposedly) it is quite funny how all the Bama hater have come out of hiding now, this isnt the end and they will be complaining about SEC biased again before the season is over, Im not really talking about on this forum btw just from other online stuff and tweets and such I have read since the game ended.

I agree that in my mind there was no tie also UVA, I just threw that in there to point out that even in a tie it goes to the receiver (supposedly) it is quite funny how all the Bama hater have come out of hiding now, this isnt the end and they will be complaining about SEC biased again before the season is over, Im not really talking about on this forum btw just from other online stuff and tweets and such I have read since the game ended.

I should've made that clearer, my apologies.

The receiver obviously did not have possession when he hit the ground, he was juggling it before anything touched down. Therefore, when he did not have possession, and the ball still had not touched the ground, it left the two players in a position to fight for the ball and LSU's player decided he wanted it a little bit more.

well everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I think you need to take off you purple glasses and watch the same game everyone else did ;).. also while were discussing college ball what happens if Okie State loses to Oklahoma and Oregon beats Stanford.. I wouldn't call either a lock by any stretch, but they would have to be considered feasible possibilities I think.

well everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I think you need to take off you purple glasses and watch the same game everyone else did ;).. also while were discussing college ball what happens if Okie State loses to Oklahoma and Oregon beats Stanford.. I wouldn't call either a lock by any stretch, but they would have to be considered feasible possibilities I think.

Boise State's not losing this year. If a 1-loss Alabama jumped Boise, there'd be a great many hocked-off people.

Well I'm not an LSU fan or a BAMA fan so that is a totally unbiased opinion and if you watch the replay a few times you just might see what I see lol. In my opinion you watched your National Title game last night. Those are the best two teams in the nation far and away and if we had a playoff we would be able to see those two teams square off again for the title, but the guys over the NCAA are jokes.

A 1 loss any team from a real conference will jump BSU, they are the absolute biggest joke in college football. And yes I really believe that, Bama, Oklahoma, possibly even Stanford or Oregon if their game is close in score.

Well I'm not an LSU fan or a BAMA fan so that is a totally unbiased opinion and if you watch the replay a few times you just might see what I see lol. In my opinion you watched your National Title game last night. Those are the best two teams in the nation far and away and if we had a playoff we would be able to see those two teams square off again for the title, but the guys over the NCAA are jokes.

I've watched the replay numerous times, and I've got 20-20 vision. The ball was still in the Alabama receiver's hands upon forearm contact with the ground. The play ends the millisecond that forearm hits the ground. The replays were unequivocally clear. It wasn't even a "tie". But agree to disagree we will.

I believe so but as you have probably saw I'm not a big12 fan so I don't follow them really, but I think they will still have that game, the major conferences have saw that they need that game to help them in sos and everything I think.

Edited for horrible typing skills.....

haha I'm wrong again.. oh well :eek: btw I actually looked it up this time and of course UVA is correct NZAA rules state you have to have 12 teams in order to hold a title game.