The Most Disgusting Thing I've Ever Seen in Sports:

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploadedFiles/Press/Sandusky-Grand-Jury-Presentment.pdf

Yet, the Jerry Sandusky situation is garnering little, to no, media attention.

There's everything you'd ever want to see in a slimy story:

1. A major university that doesn't have the most impeccable history.

2. The right-hand man of the winningest coach in college football history.

3. Abuses happening even while said right-hand man was still employed by said university.

4. Said winningest coach not doing enough to correct abuses.

5. Brain trust of said university, even the president, going out of its way to cover up the situation.

6. Failure to correct the situation.

7. AT LEAST eight victims.

Everyone involved with this situation should be thrown under a convoy of buses. Anyone still at PSU involved with this situation should be immediately fired. Yes, including Paterno and Spanier.

Note: the document is 23 pages long, and if you think I'm copying and pasting all 23 pages, you're crazy. Just click the link...

Because they aren't an SEC school so people go out of their way NOT to bash them, even when they deserve it.. I never knew PSU was a Catholic School...:o. Seriously tho people that do those things are sick and I'm just not sure there is any help for them, I guess I should leave it at that.

Latest word is that Paterno is out at the end of the year. What a mess. I used to be a Penn State fan when I was a kid (before I became a VT convert), but now...ugh. I sort of lost respect for Paterno back when Kevin Jones signed with VT, and word was that Paterno really said a lot of nasty things about VT and Beamer, in an attempt to swing a top player in Jones.

I haven't read the PDF yet, so I can't comment on it, but from what I have heard, Paterno did very little to stop this. It appears that everybody was in cover up mode.

From a legal angle Joe Paterno was not indited. BUT morally he should have pushed this further than the Athletic Director when he saw there was no investigation of the incident. Sandusky kept his office and was still in their facilities. How could Joe Paterno and/or the university president not delve into this issue further. For Paterno this is a moral issue, and he should man up and resign instantly.

My take is heads should roll. Board of Trustee should force resignation of Joe Paterno, the A.D. and President of the University. This university accepts state dollars and the board will need to run these rascal's off.:eek:

Latest word is that Paterno is out at the end of the year. What a mess. I used to be a Penn State fan when I was a kid (before I became a VT convert), but now...ugh. I sort of lost respect for Paterno back when Kevin Jones signed with VT, and word was that Paterno really said a lot of nasty things about VT and Beamer, in an attempt to swing a top player in Jones.

I haven't read the PDF yet, so I can't comment on it, but from what I have heard, Paterno did very little to stop this. It appears that everybody was in cover up mode.

Having read it, Paterno did the bare minimum. Enough to absolve himself legally, but definitely not as much as someone with that supposed amount of "integrity" should've done. Forget all the "leadership" junk that Paterno's spewed. In his highest moment of truth, he did the bare minimum, and that's how the man should be remembered.

One other thing that stands out to me is that Penn State's president, Graham Spanier, should absolutely be charged with violation of PA's mandated reporter law. It reads: "when a staff member reports abuse, pursuant to statue, the person in charge of the school or institution has the responsibility and legal obligation to report or cause such a report to be made by telephone and in writing within 48 hours to the Department of Public Welfare of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania." Hello? He's the University president! They don't get any higher than that...

Having read it, Paterno did the bare minimum. Enough to absolve himself legally, but definitely not as much as someone with that supposed amount of "integrity" should've done. Forget all the "leadership" junk that Paterno's spewed. In his highest moment of truth, he did the bare minimum, and that's how the man should be remembered.

One other thing that stands out to me is that Penn State's president, Graham Spanier, should absolutely be charged with violation of PA's mandated reporter law. It reads: "when a staff member reports abuse, pursuant to statue, the person in charge of the school or institution has the responsibility and legal obligation to report or cause such a report to be made by telephone and in writing within 48 hours to the Department of Public Welfare of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania." Hello? He's the University president! They don't get any higher than that...

Reading more elsewhere, and it backs up what you've said...Paterno did enough to be legally absolved of responsibility, but that isn't a whole lot. Reporting it to his superiors, and that's it. Didn't fire the guy, didn't call the cops, did nothing to stop it. Word is, Sandusky was back in the football offices as recent as last week. Paterno know this guy was a kiddie toucher, and didn't cold-cock the guy for it.

The university president has responsibility to do something about it. The laws in place in regard to college campuses and safety are bound to hammer that guy...he definitely had the legal responsibility (as you noted) to call the authorities...which he apparently did not do.

I used to not like Joe Pa but the last few years I gained respect for him and the way he handled critics of him. After this I lost it all again. Even though he is not directly responsible he knew of it and should have taken it to a higher level after he saw nothing was being done baout it. After all if your coworker did the same thing wouldn't you feel the need to make sure something happens to the sick perverted a$$hole?

Pretty crazy article written by BHS03's favorite columnist, Chuck Landon, regarding Sandusky. Would've been extremely sad for southern WV to have to deal with this.

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/x1493534137/Penn-State-mess-might-have-been-Marshalls

Chuck Landon: Penn State mess might have been Marshall's

November 09, 2011 @ 01:00 AM

CHUCK LANDON

The Herald-Dispatch

The revelation will make your blood run cold.

Jerry Sandusky was once hired as Marshall University's head football coach.

I'll pause until your heart begins beating again.

Sandusky -- yes, that Sandusky -- was offered the opportunity to replace Jack Lengyel as Marshall's coach during a telephone call from MU athletic director Joe McMullen on one December day in 1974.

He accepted the offer.

But for only one hour.

As the story goes, after hanging up the telephone at his home in State College, Pa., Sandusky reconsidered his decision. So, he called McMullen back and turned down the Marshall job.

It might have been the most monumental 60 minutes in the history of Marshall football.

Obviously, it can't be assumed that just because Sandusky was arrested Saturday and charged with 40 counts of having inappropriate sexual contact with eight young boys over a more than a 15-year period, the same perverted crimes would have transpired in Huntington, W.Va.

But, it also can't be assumed that it wouldn't have happened.

That's the part that makes all of us catch our collective breath for a brief instant and, then, exhale in a profound sign of relief.

Sandusky remained at Penn State and, now, the Nittany Lions are dealing with arguably the most sordid scandal in collegiate athletics history.

And Marshall?

McMullen's second choice was Frank Ellwood, an ex-Ohio State quarterback as well as a former Buckeye assistant coach. Ellwood's only crime was not being a very good head coach.

His career record at Marshall was a mediocre 9-35. His teams posted a 2-9 record in 1975, followed by 4-7 in '76, 2-9 in '77 and 1-10 in 1978.

One of Ellwood's players was current Marshall athletic director Mike Hamrick.

So, why did McMullen offer Sandusky the job in the first place?

It was because McMullen was a Penn State assistant football coach from 1965-68. One of the players he coached was named Jerry Sandusky.

McMullen, who died on Sept. 9, 1983, at the age of 59 of leukemia, just might be turning over in his grave right about now.

What former Nittany Lion wouldn't be?

Considering Penn State is one of only four major colleges that never has been charged with an NCAA violation, this is a scandal of epic proportions.

Even the esteemed and seemingly untouchable, untaintable Joe Paterno, the all-time winningest coach in NCAA Division I history with 409 victories, isn't safe from this scandal.

In a statement issued Sunday, the 84-year-old Paterno said this about the Sandusky allegations:

"The fact that someone we thought we knew might have harmed young people to this extent is deeply troubling," said Paterno. "If this is true, we were all fooled, along with scores of professionals trained in such things, and we grieve for the victims and their families. They are in our prayers."

Although I have admired Paterno for many years and have attended several soirees he hosted for visiting media on game weekends, I would remiss in not criticizing Paterno's written excuse of a statement as nothing short of ludicrous.

His position appears to be indefensible.

Heads already are rolling at Penn State. More will follow. One of them should belong to Paterno.

He deserves the same fate as another coaching icon named Woody Hayes received at Ohio State.

Yes, JoePa should be Woody-ed.

In the meantime, let's just be grateful none of this unsavory mess happened here.

I was expecting him to write how WVU supports Sandusky and will give him an honorary degree haha. On a serious note, good thing the scumbag turned down the Marshall job. I'm interested in seeing how many more people step forward.

I was expecting him to write how WVU supports Sandusky and will give him an honorary degree haha. On a serious note, good thing the scumbag turned down the Marshall job. I'm interested in seeing how many more people step forward.

It just goes to show you that Landon can write an article without mentioning WVU. ;)

Pretty crazy article written by BHS03's favorite columnist, Chuck Landon, regarding Sandusky. Would've been extremely sad for southern WV to have to deal with this.

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/x1493534137/Penn-State-mess-might-have-been-Marshalls

It was closer to happening at UVA than it was at Marshall. Unlike Marshall, he wanted the UVA job and wanted it badly.

Sandusky interviewed 3 times at UVA and would've had the job, lock-stock-barrel, had Groh not jumped in at the conclusion of the Jets' season. Had the Jets won 1 more game and made the playoffs, Sandusky would've probably been at UVA. And the pro-VT media in Virginia would've buried us with Hoffa...

It was closer to happening at UVA than it was at Marshall. Unlike Marshall, he wanted the UVA job and wanted it badly.

Sandusky interviewed 3 times at UVA and would've had the job, lock-stock-barrel, had Groh not jumped in at the conclusion of the Jets' season. Had the Jets won 1 more game and made the playoffs, Sandusky would've probably been at UVA. And the pro-VT media in Virginia would've buried us with Hoffa...

Only if the UVA admin would have covered it up like the PSU administration apparently did. I am shocked a bit that Sandusky was employable at that point, this was after the 1994 and 1998 accusations, though. I didn't know a thing about these accusations, but then, I didn't keep up with PSU and their assistant coaches.

Only if the UVA admin would have covered it up like the PSU administration apparently did. I am shocked a bit that Sandusky was employable at that point, this was after the 1994 and 1998 accusations, though. I didn't know a thing about these accusations, but then, I didn't keep up with PSU and their assistant coaches.

Penn State wasn't forthcoming with the information. And the Virginia media isn't 1/10th as forgiving toward UVA as it is VT. It would have been nothing short of disastrous, even if UVA had acted perfectly in the hypothetical situation.