Vt @ gt

dcecilgolf

Tech Gets Blown Out Tonight As Much As i Hate To Say it They Can Not Stop GT Im Looking At 45-10 GT.

Your Right It Will Probably be More Than That They Can Not Stop That Option.

Dude...it might. Our starting front 7 tonight are all SOPHS...only one man is over 260...

Bud Foster has had two weeks to get ready for this stupid offense (I honestly hate watching teams running this O). He apparently made some changes. And I'll put my trust in him. Just my two cents though.

I was right!!!! Lol. Now, lets just not drop the ball against UNC on Thrusday, please!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And to add, Thomas did make the most of his 7 completions...

33 yd. completion to Boykin on 3rd and 13...first down

18 yd. completion to DJ Coles on 3rd and 7...first down

9 yd. completion to Boykin on 3rd and goal...TD

63 yd. completion to Coale...TD

34 yd. completion to Coale on 3rd and 12...first down

38 yd. completion to DJ Coles on 3rd and 11...first down

14 yd. completion to Drager on 3rd and 7...TD

Note: All but his TD to Coale were on 3rd and passing situations...

Note2: Thomas tied the VT QB rushing TD record for a season with 8 TDs...set in 1999 by Michael Vick.

Did you miss the part where I repeatedly said GT didn't play defense? Apparently so. Any QB that could've hit the broad side of a barn would have completed those passes. GT was giving 5-7 yards of cushion, one of the Groh trademarks. Makes it even more dumbfounding that a QB can throw for nearly 50% against it...

I agree. Our O-Line played amazingly well last night. It seems like it has been FOREVER since we have had a line that can block like that. I guess we can just credit GT's terrible defense, though. You are so adamantly against LT that you can not admit that he played a great game last night. I admit he hasn't been spectacular all season, but when he has it going on...he looks amazing.

Yes, we can credit GT's terrible defense. I'm not so adamantly against LT as I am getting a little sick of VT fans talking about him like he's Jesus Christ in a maroon uni. He played a C+ game on Thursday night: did what he had to do, nothing flashy aside from the bruising runs (again, mainly due to GT defenders taking angles I learned not to take in pee-wee league) Any QB with a semblance of accuracy and poise would've done just as well. Switch out Mike Rocco for Logan Thomas and I guarantee you those passing stats are equivalent, if not BETTER.

Again, it was VT's line that dominated the game. Thomas just didn't screw up too badly. But as I said before, your fans miss the forest for the trees...

Yes, we can credit GT's terrible defense. I'm not so adamantly against LT as I am getting a little sick of VT fans talking about him like he's Jesus Christ in a maroon uni. He played a C+ game on Thursday night: did what he had to do, nothing flashy aside from the bruising runs (again, mainly due to GT defenders taking angles I learned not to take in pee-wee league) Any QB with a semblance of accuracy and poise would've done just as well. Switch out Mike Rocco for Logan Thomas and I guarantee you those passing stats are equivalent, if not BETTER.

Again, it was VT's line that dominated the game. Thomas just didn't screw up too badly. But as I said before, your fans miss the forest for the trees...

Hmm... well... how about this.

Perhaps our standards for quarterbacks as VT fans are lower than yours... but we're content. And I would grade him as a B+ on the year. Not overwhelming statistically, but his clutch meter is climbing.

Go LT. Win Forever.

And then VT has 9 wins on the season...

Our O-Line is very good. LT plays well when it matters. David Wilson moves the ball forward. Our receivers make big catches. Our defense continues to suffice, despite injuries.

That's the takeaway from this season so far. Are we world beaters? No. Will we make an appearance in the ACC championship game? Yes, unless something crazy happens. Will we win the ACCCG? Maybe. Will we win our bowl game? Most likely no.

Anyone surprised? Me, not really. Seems like another VT football season.

Any QB that could've hit the broad side of a barn would have completed those passes.

I don't know about that. Taylor Martinez can't throw at all. He couldn't hit the ocean if he was on the beach.