Vt @ gt

dcecilgolf

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Early thoughts on the game?

Anyone making the trip down?

I think it's going to be a barnburner. These teams are rivals now. We always have great games against GT.

Here's a stat line for you guys:

Since 2004, 5-2 in favor of VT, 5-0 VT in night games, 3-0 VT on Thursday nights (2 of which were at GT.

No saying thats an end all be all, but it's interesting nonetheless.

I think the final will be 31-24 VT. Just a hunch.

The Hokies are expecting a young, inexperienced defense to stop GT's option attack? That makes me kinda sick to think about. Virginia Tech really should win the game, but I wouldn't be surprised if they came away from there with a loss.

Also, I'm making the trip down! Flight leaves New York on Wednesday evening.

The Hokies are expecting a young, inexperienced defense to stop GT's option attack? That makes me kinda sick to think about. Virginia Tech really should win the game, but I wouldn't be surprised if they came away from there with a loss.

This is pretty much bullseye. We've seen what GT can do when inspired, and we've seen what they can do when not. We'll see how nice a job Foster has done with 2 weeks' preparation, and see just how well he can teach assignment defense, the only true way to stop the triple option.

Of course, it benefits UVA more if GT wins, but that's neither here nor there...yet.

We cant start off slow against this team like we have been doing alot this year, that crowd can be tough. Alot of injuries on Defense to stop that Ga.Tech option. Dont feel good about it at all, But we have BUD FOSTER who has saw this option enough that i trust he will have guys in the right places, HOKIES 31-28

Two ACC teams with winning records fighting to save their seasons in a game that came down to the final play, a Hail Mary that was actually completed but short. Forget who it was.

Oh, haha. I had to look it up. I completely missed that game. Good win! I saw UVA play for the first time on Saturday and realized that I didn't know a single one of their players by name. I feel like NC State and UVA are the least televised ACC teams.

Season is shaping up decently for you guys, glad to see it. I made a comment during the UMD game in the chatbox that watching UVA play that game was like watching them have sex for the first time. It was sloppy, not smooth, and had no rhythm.. but it was getting done, they looked good doing it, and UMD was taking it... to paraphrase.

It's a big game on a Thursday night on national tv...Hokies will choke. Stinespring will have no game plan in place and won't be able to put points on the board.

Unfortunately...^^^^^THIS^^^^^.....

Oh, haha. I had to look it up. I completely missed that game. Good win! I saw UVA play for the first time on Saturday and realized that I didn't know a single one of their players by name. I feel like NC State and UVA are the least televised ACC teams.

Season is shaping up decently for you guys, glad to see it. I made a comment during the UMD game in the chatbox that watching UVA play that game was like watching them have sex for the first time. It was sloppy, not smooth, and had no rhythm.. but it was getting done, they looked good doing it, and UMD was taking it... to paraphrase.

They don't call it ESPNU-VA for nothing. That's all we were on for the first several weeks, until we beat GT and began exceeding pundit expectations. Might even get a night game in Doak out of the deal if we can keep it up: two teams playing for a chance to keep their ACCCG hopes alive. Assuming we beat Dook, and you know the saying, nobody loses to Dook 4 times in a row.

Our playmakers don't get a lot of attention. Two of our RBs are freshmen. Our QB is a true sophomore. Our defense has veteran guys, but not much name recognition. We still haven't played a full complete game yet, the middle 25 minutes in that Maryland game's first half were awful. I feel like we're getting closer to our potential every week.

The GT/VT game is important to us. We need GT to lose once more and VT to lose once more to absorb and FSU loss and still come into 11/26 with a chance of going to the ACCCG. It is more likely that VT will lose to UNC than GT losing to Duke, so we'd prefer the Hokies to win.

I'm calling an "upset" on the board... VT squeaks away a 27-21 win in Atlanta on Thursday night... but proceeds to drop the ball next week in Lane against UNC.

You heard it here first...

I'm calling an "upset" on the board... VT squeaks away a 27-21 win in Atlanta on Thursday night... but proceeds to drop the ball next week in Lane against UNC.

You heard it here first...

I really hope we don't drop the ball against UNC. That will be my only game I'm going to and that would just suck to see us lose. Lol.

This would be lovely. Please with this...

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo*gasp*ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo*gasp*ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL.

But why not? You all want our rivalry to mean something again. That's the quickest way to doing it!

LOL.

But why not? You all want our rivalry to mean something again. That's the quickest way to doing it!

Yeah, but I want it to mean something and us still go into that game at 10-1.

This would be lovely. Please with this...

I know my prediction is a Hoo's wet dream, but it is what it is... I hope like hell that I'm wrong. I challenge all Hokie fans to earmark this post and rub it in my face that I'm wrong. Crow will never taste so good.

I know my prediction is a Hoo's wet dream, but it is what it is... I hope like hell that I'm wrong. I challenge all Hokie fans to earmark this post and rub it in my face that I'm wrong. Crow will never taste so good.

Will do, sir. Will do.