Vt @ gt

dcecilgolf

I don't care if they were called Virginia Polytechnic and State Institute before we were.

They better recognize and respect the Tech who leads the series and owns their division.

GT fans could give a darn about who "leads the series". They care about tonight, and they care about ordering enough polish for their 4 natty trophies. And they care deeply about differential equations.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GT fans could give a darn about who "leads the series". They care about tonight, and they care about ordering enough polish for their 4 natty trophies. And they care deeply about differential equations.

I wish GT fans cared about tonight.

They care about beating Georgia more than beating VT and having an opportunity to play for an ACC championship.

#1 thing I can't stand about our program is our obsession with UGA.

They don't understand if you are contending for championships every year, beating UGA will start to fall into place.

and they care about differential equations.

Edited by dcecilgolf

Dude...it might. Our starting front 7 tonight are all SOPHS...only one man is over 260...

Agree with this too, GT has always done very well against small lines.

I was pretty confused when Foster made all the changes.

GT always struggles against big, physical lines (LSU, Iowa, Miami)

GT seems to have Clemson and UGA figured out though, just can't make a defensive stop to beat UGA

Dude...it might. Our starting front 7 tonight are all SOPHS...only one man is over 260...

Your Right It Will Probably be More Than That They Can Not Stop That Option.

Bud Foster has had two weeks to get ready for this stupid offense (I honestly hate watching teams running this O). He apparently made some changes. And I'll put my trust in him. Just my two cents though.

Yet...they can't sellout Bobby Dodd...

I think they care more about differential equations.

Bud Foster has had two weeks to get ready for this stupid offense (I honestly hate watching teams running this O). He apparently made some changes. And I'll put my trust in him. Just my two cents though.

100% agree .... Down with the triple option!!!!!!!

100% agree .... Down with the triple option!!!!!!!

I absolutely dread games in which the other team runs the Triple Option. If I was a GT fan when they hired Johnson, I'd have switched loyalties. Lol. It's just so boring and lethargic. It's so predictable, it's unpredictable.

I absolutely dread games in which the other team runs the Triple Option. If I was a GT fan when they hired Johnson, I'd have switched loyalties. Lol. It's just so boring and lethargic. It's so predictable, it's unpredictable.

If you were dumb enough to think CPJ was a bad hire, you would have never been a GT fan in the first place . . .

If you were dumb enough to think CPJ was a bad hire, you would have never been a GT fan in the first place . . .

I didn't say it was dumb. I just said I hate his offense. It bores me to no end.

That's the best kind of offense. I don't care what offense it is, as long as it wins me games.

Last post until I get home, as this will be my 1,999th. The problem with the offense is that it is predictable. We all know what happens when a team shuts the run down. They can't pass. They proved it past year. Washington went 2-7 for 80ish yards. So you stop their run, you stop Georgia Tech. Problem is, stopping the run.

I'll be making my 2,000th post this evening before the game. So I should be back posting for the game!!! Cheers!!

I was in Knoxville a few years back. Tn played Air Force. At that time they ran the "flex bone", im not sure that they still do. I dont know how many times the crowd would erupt because it appeared that UT had made a stop for a loss, and then a ball carrier would be streaking down the field out of nowhere. Hard to defend definitely. You cant practice all season for an offense that you will only see once. VT coming off a bye week, Foster will have them prepared. They're gonna have to still score some points. VT wins in a close one.

Completely amazed by the performance of the Hokies last night! The defense did an amazing job overall and Logan played his best game to date.

Miami was far and away better, TBH...

Completion percentage tonight was ~50%, and would've been much lower if GT would've been bothered to play defense.

haters-gonna-hate-7.jpg?w=500&h=375

7/13, truly dominating performance. That's equivalent with Mike Rocco's 2nd-worst performance of the season...

He played well. Not great, well. Many of those passes a HS QB could've made. His rushing was dominant, but it should've been when GT's tacklers stupidly went high time after time after time.

Last night was more GT's defense crapping the bed than Thomas turning into the second coming of Peyton Manning.

Miami was far and away better, TBH...

Completion percentage tonight was ~50%, and would've been much lower if GT would've been bothered to play defense.

Also could have been much higher had our receivers not dropped at least 3 (probably more) VERY catchable balls.

7/13, truly dominating performance. That's equivalent with Mike Rocco's 2nd-worst performance of the season...

He played well. Not great, well. Many of those passes a HS QB could've made. His rushing was dominant, but it should've been when GT's tacklers stupidly went high time after time after time.

Last night was more GT's defense crapping the bed than Thomas turning into the second coming of Peyton Manning.

I see your argument, I really do, but I think you have to take this game and many of Logan's much like we are taking Tebow's in the other thread. LT will never put up video game passing numbers like Case Keenum or Peyton Manning or any other passer. The are completely different styles of QB. He is a gamer and statistics don't always show just effective a player is.

Thomas was EXCELLENT at making things happen last night, no matter what his stat line was. Was it flawess? No. But he completed enough passes to win and for a couple touchdowns, ran effectively, and didn't turn the ball over. Those things together will win you a football game 8 times out of 10.

If playing "well" is putting up 37 points on the road against a ranked opponent with a division title on the line (no matter how good or bad the defense is), then I'll take it every time. If VT scores 35+ points every game then they won't lose a lot of games.

I know you'll argue with me on this, so I guess I'll go ahead and offer the agree to disagree plea, Mr. Attorney. ;)