Tunstall @ Richlands

Ryan4VT

What time is the game? I'd like to see Richlands...haven't seen them since the beginning of the season. I wouldn't look past Tunstall, they put a hurting on a much improved Marion team....who had confidence going into the game last week. Speed can make up for other shortcomings.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What time is the game? I'd like to see Richlands...haven't seen them since the beginning of the season. I wouldn't look past Tunstall, they put a hurting on a much improved Marion team....who had confidence going into the game last week. Speed can make up for other shortcomings.

7:30 Friday night

GO BLUES

WVVA TV clip

http://www.wvva.com/global/video/flash/popupplayer.asp?ClipID1=6453781&h1=Football%20Friday%20Preps%3A%20Richlands&vt1=v&at1=Sport&d1=39200&LaunchPageAdTag=Sport -

November 17, 2011

Richlands tandem eager for playoffs

By BRIAN WOODSON

The Bluefield Daily Telegraph

http://bdtonline.com/localsports/x1265048646/Richlands-tandem-eager-for-playoffs

ROLL BLUES for Reece :)

PREP FOOTBALL: Richlands is Strong at quarterback

By: Allen Gregory

Published: November 17, 2011

Bristol Herald Courier

http://www2.tricities.com/sports/2011/nov/17/prep-football-richlands-strong-quarterback-ar-1464762/

Edited by trublue

After freezing myself to death last night in the high winds of Lane Stadium, it's time to get right back out there for some playoff football!!!! Let's go BLUE!! Show em how we do it down this end of the state.

Few things I took away from tonight's game.

1: Really glad to see us come out strong and not flat. Ww have only played once in 3 weeks. Which could have lead to some rust and flatness. But we came out fired up and ready to go. Good job coaching staff on keeping their heads level.

2: Origionally thought a horsecollar was in order on the McGlothlan catch, but after sixcat cleared up the rule, I suppose it isn't. I think the rule needs to be rewritten.

3: I've never seen refs huddle up for 3+ minutes to call a blatant kick catch interference. He got there over a second early. Then they talked about it for well over 3 minutes. When they finally called it, Tunstalls coach called a timeout to argue about it. Which lead to a second huddle up. Really slowed the game to a halt, I thought.

4: On one of Reeses punts in the 4th when he acted like he got hit (I don't believe he was), one of the Tunstall coaches was on the numbers yelling something at Reese. He had to be dragged back by Compton. I don't see the need in that from a coach. Even if he did act, have a little more class than to taunt an 18 year old.

5: Really impressed with the overall stats. Over 500 yards offense and only gave up 79. Johnson stayed right on average with 17 carries for 192.

I know at least one defensive starter is in game for rlands and they are up 58 to 0....can someone tell me y risk the injury

Gotta shake the rust off. When have they played 4 quarters? Week 4 - Pulaski? If not, then it HAD to be before LABOR DAY. And there's no more cupcakes left in Div. 3... after Cave, the semis & finals will have undefeated teams. Cave lost 3x, Liberty twice, and the other 5 teams are 56-0.

3: I've never seen refs huddle up for 3+ minutes to call a blatant kick catch interference. He got there over a second early. Then they talked about it for well over 3 minutes. When they finally called it, Tunstalls coach called a timeout to argue about it. Which lead to a second huddle up. Really slowed the game to a halt, I thought.

I'm like you Ryan, I thought what is taking so long on the call--it was obvious that it was a penalty on Tunstall for hitting A.J.

I think what took so long for the refs, wasn't identifying the call--but trying to figure out where to place the ball and then mark off the penalty. The ball bounced off A.J. after the hit, over his head and went for a few yards down the field before Tunstall recovered.

Life has many choices---eternity two

Guest king kone
I have a question about the last score for Richlands on the run by Click. I was watching from the press box side and couldn't see very well, but a group of Bulldog players looked to be celebrating in the end zone after the play, chest bumping and such, so I thought he must have fumbled until Strong came on for the extra point. The guy beside me said he thought they had "laid out" a Richlands player on the play and were celebrating that, but I didn't see anyone injured or even slow to get up. When I heard about Beavers' injury I thought it may have happened on that play but apparently not. Just wondering what really happened there.

They were celebrating a cheapshot from #79 on Click in the back after he scored....and the ref just stood there looking at it........

I'm like you Ryan, I thought what is taking so long on the call--it was obvious that it was a penalty on Tunstall for hitting A.J.

I think what took so long for the refs, wasn't identifying the call--but trying to figure out where to place the ball and then mark off the penalty. The ball bounced off A.J. after the hit, over his head and went for a few yards down the field before Tunstall recovered.

Life has many choices---eternity two

Shouldn't have taken that long to determine the spot of the penalty. I saw the ref throw a marker where aj was hit.

Guest king kone
haha watch it King Kone, everyone will be on ya again :p

I know it. I'll have to buckle MY helmet on really tight.......