Burton vs. Honaker

rebel1

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still don't think Honaker is that great, but I thought they did play better this week against Hurley.

I will take Burton by 14+...speed kills, if Burton has any they should be fine.

Speed don't kill...It's that sudden stop that gets you. Bigger and stronger lineman at Honaker. Ask those Hurley boys about it. Even that lil ole #31 pancaked big ole #70. Got any pics of that Lance. New defensive line up coming..stay tuned.

Speed don't kill...It's that sudden stop that gets you. Bigger and stronger lineman at Honaker. Ask those Hurley boys about it. Even that lil ole #31 pancaked big ole #70. Got any pics of that Lance. New defensive line up coming..stay tuned.

I didn't see #31 pancake anyone...he runs about as fast as Fred McGriff trying to run out a grounder.

and why would you need a new defensive line up this late in the game? Thought you guys were cruising to state as it was...lmao.

I didn't see #31 pancake anyone...he runs about as fast as Fred McGriff trying to run out a grounder.

and why would you need a new defensive line up this late in the game? Thought you guys were cruising to state as it was...lmao.

Legends in there own mind.....Or at least his.

Theres nothing wrong with tweaking your defensive scheme but if Honaker tries to start different guys to get more speed on the field or something like that then Doug Hubbard might be an idiot. Your starters are your starters, you have to ride it out with them.

To me you shift out to the side the motion is going to and close down on the side the motion is going away from. Shifting out helps w/ the Jet and closing down helps with the Counter and Trap. Admittedly, this does nothing to help the pass rush and probably hurts it alot.

Edited by redtiger

Theres nothing wrong with tweaking your defensive scheme but if Honaker tries to start different guys to get more speed on the field or something like that then Doug Hubbard might be an idiot. Your starters are your starters, you have to ride it out with them.

To me you shift out to the side the motion is going to and close down on the side the motion is going away from. Shifting out helps w/ the Jet and closing down helps with the Counter and Trap. Admittedly, this does nothing to help the pass rush and probably hurts it alot.

I will disagree with you to the point that you MAY want to get an extra LB or DB on the field at the expence of an interor Lineman vs Burtons Offence

Correct me if I am wrong I thought #31 was a fullback not a tailback and a middle linebacker not a DB.

Once again correct if i'm wrong but I have never read or seen anything insinuating Honaker "cruising" to state.

Correct me if I am wrong I thought #31 was a fullback not a tailback and a middle linebacker not a DB.

Once again correct if i'm wrong but I have never read or seen anything insinuating Honaker "cruising" to state.

yep..he's got the power.

and yep, you guys are in the HOV lane to state, didn't you know? You might even whip up on Richlands in a private game after it's all over with.

Im assuming Haysi ran a 5-3, thats what they have ran all season. But maybe a 5-2 look with the safties up close to the los.

Against Hurley Berglowe guarded Stanley all night, I really think he may be a better DB than RB.

I told everyone that Haysi would be able to throw the ball against JIB. It doesent suprise me that Haysi put up 300+ yards passing but it does suprise me that Stanley had that many.

Haysis offensive stats,

25 rushes for 82 yards(3.28 ypc)

passing 27 of 42 for 390 yards(14.44 ypc) w/ 3 ints(1 in the endzone and 1 on the 5)

JIB had 317 yards rushing and 213 passing. 6 of 8 passing so obviously they were HUGE plays.

Thats over a thousand yards of combined offense!

Yes Bergalowe did do a good job on stanley. Davis (Hurleys D coordinator) always has a good gameplan against Haysi.....He has held them to 20 points total in the last 2 meetings. It was all about matchups....put your best athlete on theirs.

yep..he's got the power.

and yep, you guys are in the HOV lane to state, didn't you know? You might even whip up on Richlands in a private game after it's all over with.

honaker went through grundy the second half like a hot knife goes thru butter.won against the rest of bdd teams,but from there on its a little tougher hill to climb.i think anyone from honaker that makes a statement about the state is not thinkin to clear.just my opinion is that honaker has had a few fans on here that have rubbed u rawl and now ur lookin for honaker to get demolished.it very well could happen soon if they dont play to their potential,so u be ready to say i told u so.dont take things so serious,its just football and im sure honaker would love to have your support.

Edited by fridaynightfun

Yes Bergalowe did do a good job on stanley. Davis (Hurleys D coordinator) always has a good gameplan against Haysi.....He has held them to 20 points total in the last 2 meetings. It was all about matchups....put your best athlete on theirs.

It wasnt about a great defensive scheme(not trying to degrade Hurley at all), it was Berglowe cover Stanley(and he did).

Haysi lacked a consistant running game this season, Edwards(who had an off night against Hurley) and Stanley on the short routes were the running game.

Edwards missed the JIB game w/ some kind of arm injury, having him really would have helped. Espicially on the two ints in the redzone.

honaker went through grundy the second half like a hot knife goes thru butter.won against the rest of bdd teams,but from there on its a little tougher hill to climb.i think anyone from honaker that makes a statement about the state is not thinkin to clear.just my opinion is that honaker has had a few fans on here that have rubbed u rawl and now ur lookin for honaker to get demolished.it very well could happen soon if they dont play to their potential,so u be ready to say i told u so.

LANCE, tell me this ain't so.I just assumed(which you know what that does)that you would be @ Honaker Sat. pulling for the TIGERS while enjoying all that great food.BDD only has Honaker left why in the world would anybody from the BDD pull against them?

LANCE, tell me this ain't so.I just assumed(which you know what that does)that you would be @ Honaker Sat. pulling for the TIGERS while enjoying all that great food.BDD only has Honaker left why in the world would anybody from the BDD pull against them?

I don't have anything against Honaker, just talking about these two games with Grundy and Hurley...I even sid i thought you looked a lot better in the Hurley game when you were tested...Hurley was worn out at the end of that game and Honaker still had some left in the tank...if it had gone to OT I have no doubt who had the fresh legs in that one.

As for this weekend...I might be able to catch a game close to Abingdon on Friday night, but the wife will be working on Saturday and I have the kids to watch, or else I'd be there taking pics. I even brought a friend from Honaker with me last week to take pics so there would be more to go around for the kids, family, and fans that wanted them.

If they are still playing next week I am free on Friday and Saturday...will probably be avail. to take more pics unless one of the papers wants me to cover something for them in particular. I usually tag along with Lloyd at this point.

It wasnt about a great defensive scheme(not trying to degrade Hurley at all), it was Berglowe cover Stanley(and he did).

Haysi lacked a consistant running game this season, Edwards(who had an off night against Hurley) and Stanley on the short routes were the running game.

Edwards missed the JIB game w/ some kind of arm injury, having him really would have helped. Espicially on the two ints in the redzone.

Hurleys d-coordinator Coach Davis makes everyone on the team better. Not many better around if any. He 's the quite motivator type and kinda gets under your skin until he pushes you to your potential. I'd take him over just about anyone.

I don't have anything against Honaker, just talking about these two games with Grundy and Hurley...I even sid i thought you looked a lot better in the Hurley game when you were tested...Hurley was worn out at the end of that game and Honaker still had some left in the tank...if it had gone to OT I have no doubt who had the fresh legs in that one.

As for this weekend...I might be able to catch a game close to Abingdon on Friday night, but the wife will be working on Saturday and I have the kids to watch, or else I'd be there taking pics. I even brought a friend from Honaker with me last week to take pics so there would be more to go around for the kids, family, and fans that wanted them.

If they are still playing next week I am free on Friday and Saturday...will probably be avail. to take more pics unless one of the papers wants me to cover something for them in particular. I usually tag along with Lloyd at this point.

where the best place to look at these pics from hurley honaker game?ive not seen them.you do a good job with the camera

where the best place to look at these pics from hurley honaker game?ive not seen them.you do a good job with the camera

most of them are on Facebook, i put them on there first so the kids and parents can grab them...have not finished uploading to photobucket yet.

Here are the links though...should be mostly upoaded within the next hour or so.

some (121 pics) are here:

http://s362.photobucket.com/albums/oo63/swvasports/Hurley%20at%20Honaker%20Playoffs%202/?start=all

still uploading to this one (should be 200+ when done):

http://s362.photobucket.com/albums/oo63/swvasports/2011%20Football/Hurley%20at%20Honaker%20Playoffs/?start=all