Cave Spring at Richlands

Ryan4VT

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be at this game...i look for a close one...whoever has the ball last sort of game...both good teams, I'd give Richlands the edge in the points spread because it's at The Ernie...I'm sure most will think Richlands by a lot, but I think it will be close...Devon might take over in the 4th and be the difference in the game.

The way we played tonight against tunstall. Richlands Rolls

But next week Richlands does not play Tunstall again. CS is the best team we have seen and are certainly good enough to beat us. Tunstall is not a good football team. Marion must have just flat laid down. Spare me all of the "Richlands will roll" crap, some of our players frequent this website and they need the truth. Which is this. Cave Spring is not intimidated by us. They are good enough to win and that is what they are planning to do. You will need to bust your guts in practice this week and on Friday night to advance. Take this game lightly and your season will be over Friday night @ 10 p.m.

its been how long since richlands has played real competition, yeah spring pulls off the upset 35 31

That doesn't make Any bit of difference in this game. The coaches and players all know that CS is very capable of bearing us. Any team this time of year is. That being said. They do have to make a 3+ hour trip to a town where all we care about is football. The 12th man will be in full effect on Friday. They always say homefield is worth 7 points. And I see this game playing out exactly like it did last year.

That doesn't make Any bit of difference in this game. The coaches and players all know that CS is very capable of bearing us. Any team this time of year is. That being said. They do have to make a 3+ hour trip to a town where all we care about is football. The 12th man will be in full effect on Friday. They always say homefield is worth 7 points. And I see this game playing out exactly like it did last year.

I hope the game is as good to watch as last years game was...one of the best of the year last season.

For those that don't know, Cave Springs starting QB Reece Kingery was back in action last night.

This does give Cave atleast some threat of a passing game to go along with their obvious running attack. I don't think it will be enough to propel the Knights past Richlands but it will give them a little more hope.

CS is the best team we have seen and are certainly good enough to beat us. Spare me all of the "Richlands will roll" crap, some of our players frequent this website and they need the truth. Which is this. Cave Spring is not intimidated by us. They are good enough to win and that is what they are planning to do. You will need to bust your guts in practice this week and on Friday night to advance. Take this game lightly and your season will be over Friday night @ 10 p.m.

Very well said!!! Richlands fans need to keep this game in perspective...it will be a BATTLE.

Yes, the Blues are vastly improved from the beginning of the season...but, it's a new season now...it's the playoffs. Cave is a proven foe, well coached and players that desire nothing more than to come away with the W this year from the Ernie by giving the Blues their first defeat this season.

To all the Richlands fans...the best way to encourage and support your team this coming Friday...BE AT THE GAME...the 12th Man is needed. I will be there...

3 hour plus? The Noake isn't that far away! Slow down big boy, you 3 plus hours then you done have Lynchburg on the mind!

Guest king kone

Watched a disc of Cave vs. Pulaski. They ran about a half a dozen pass plays. And a few sweep plays.....and about 40 trap plays in the A and B gaps with #28......

I don't think any realistic Richlands fan thinks this will be a pushover game, they aren't supposed to be at this point of the season. I do think the boys came out very focused and goal oriented last night, which was a very nice thing to see, I feel like Richlands can draw straws with Cave at the Rb position, if they don't have some pretty good backups then Richlands may have an advantage once they have to spell their starting rb's. I think Richlands can gain an advantage on them in the passing game, as I have already read in some of the other posts I also think it will somewhat mirror last years game, with Cave keeping it close and Richlands scoring once or twice in the 4th to put it away,either way should be a great game to watch and it's another great opportunity for the kids from Richlands to show off all that hard work they put into each year.

3 hour plus? The Noake isn't that far away! Slow down big boy, you 3 plus hours then you done have Lynchburg on the mind!

If they come on a school bus, it will be over 3 hours. My Junior year, we played Hidden Valley (same field as CS) and we took a school bus for the band, and it was over 3 hours. If they charter here, it may be a bit shorter.

I don't think any realistic Richlands fan thinks this will be a pushover game, they aren't supposed to be at this point of the season. I do think the boys came out very focused and goal oriented last night, which was a very nice thing to see, I feel like Richlands can draw straws with Cave at the Rb position, if they don't have some pretty good backups then Richlands may have an advantage once they have to spell their starting rb's. I think Richlands can gain an advantage on them in the passing game, as I have already read in some of the other posts I also think it will somewhat mirror last years game, with Cave keeping it close and Richlands scoring once or twice in the 4th to put it away,either way should be a great game to watch and it's another great opportunity for the kids from Richlands to show off all that hard work they put into each year.

From what I have seen and hurd Cave does not spell or give their starting rb a break at least they have not most of the year. The kid is a reak good back and going to be hard to stop and doesnt seem to wear down.

I'm sure they will ride him till the end Blues, I'm just guessing when he starts getting popped like I think he will, if he will be able to play the entire game or not without a bit of a rest here and there, does he play on the defensive side as well or no?

I have seen Cave 3 times this year. Sam Wright does not step off the field. Not only does he not look tired at any point he seems to gain strength as the game goes.

Against Northside Cave tried to play catch-up in the 4th while down by 3 scores by running him 8-9 times in row. He got about 50 yards on the last drive before they thew an INT with under a minute to go.

Sam and Devin have had similar seasons but they are very different backs.

Devin seems to drift down the line looking for a hole then explodes thru it.

Sam has the ability to get very skinny and squeeze thru holes that are barely there.

Devin has a brutal stiff arm and is deadly one on one or in open space.

Sam has a keen sense of when he is going down and seems to find a way of milking 4-5 yards with several defenders latched on.

If there was a way to combine the two you would have the most lethal RB in the state HANDS DOWN.

All in all I would say it's a toss up on which is better.