The next Barry Sanders....literally....

Lance

We'll see if family ties mean anything. Dad and uncle Byron went to OK St.

I figure he will follow his dad...legacy perks would be huge and he lives there anyway...no brainer really, but you never know.

Guest The Variable
I figure he will follow his dad...legacy perks would be huge and he lives there anyway...no brainer really, but you never know.

Agreed. I was a big fan of Barry Sanders back when I was a lad. My opinion he was one of the top 5 RBs of all time. Its a shame he retired early, but that is his fault.

Agreed. I was a big fan of Barry Sanders back when I was a lad. My opinion he was one of the top 5 RBs of all time. Its a shame he retired early, but that is his fault.

i dunno...Barry walked away on his own terms and refused to even talk to anyone for a couple of years...kinda respect that vs. Emmitt Smith playing a couple of years past his prime in a Cardinals uniform....Tony Dorsett in a Bronco's uniform...OJ as a 49'er....and so on...he just got pissed off and went out at the top of his game at least.

I don't think there has ever been a more exciting RB to play the game...different styles among the top 5-10 ever...not anyone else like Barry. Imagine what he could have done if he went to Dallas instead of Smith.

Agree with Lance... If you put Barry Sanders behind the line that Smith had in Dallas...... Those records would never, ever be broke. Smith was a great running back......but he wasnt Barry Sanders. Sanders carried Detroit by himself, running behind a below average offensive line most of his career. Smith had Aikman, Irvin and others to provide a passing attack to keep defenses from loading the box....... Sanders had QB's such as Scott Mitchell. The only other weapon the Lions had was Herman Moore at reciever, but no Qb to get him the ball.

If Barry Sanders were on any other team than the Lions of the 90s he would be boasting 3 or more superbowl rings. Their is no doubt that Barry was one of the greatest backs to ever run the ball. hes in the class of Eric Dickerson, Jim Brown, OJ, Tony Dorset, John Riggins and so on. They are franchise men before that was ever a statement to be made in NFL. Barry's son will be one of the best backs to hit the feild as well if he will work hard like his father and keep his nose clean. Second generation players seem to have trouble keeping out of trouble. Younger brothers and sons sometimes feel like the are owed the spot because of who they are kin to. I hope the Marcus Vick/Kevin Winslow Jr syndrom dont effect Barry Sanders JR

Guest The Variable
Agree with Lance... If you put Barry Sanders behind the line that Smith had in Dallas...... Those records would never, ever be broke. Smith was a great running back......but he wasnt Barry Sanders. Sanders carried Detroit by himself, running behind a below average offensive line most of his career. Smith had Aikman, Irvin and others to provide a passing attack to keep defenses from loading the box....... Sanders had QB's such as Scott Mitchell. The only other weapon the Lions had was Herman Moore at reciever, but no Qb to get him the ball.

Perhaps, but remember that by carrying the team, he may have performed differently. Its always hard to determine how a player would do on another team. Just look at Nnamdi. + Points for bringing up Scott Mitchell.

BTW after this weekend, you have a new Corso quote to add to your sig box.

BTW after this weekend, you have a new Corso quote to add to your sig box.

LOL....out of all of the good games this past weekend, they sent him to watch Houston vs SMU. I'd say he felt like dropping a few more F bombs.

If Barry Sanders were on any other team than the Lions of the 90s he would be boasting 3 or more superbowl rings. Their is no doubt that Barry was one of the greatest backs to ever run the ball. hes in the class of Eric Dickerson, Jim Brown, OJ, Tony Dorset, John Riggins and so on. They are franchise men before that was ever a statement to be made in NFL. Barry's son will be one of the best backs to hit the feild as well if he will work hard like his father and keep his nose clean. Second generation players seem to have trouble keeping out of trouble. Younger brothers and sons sometimes feel like the are owed the spot because of who they are kin to. I hope the Marcus Vick/Kevin Winslow Jr syndrom dont effect Barry Sanders JR

Don't forget Gale Sayers

NOT THE ORIGINAL BARRY SANDERS

If Barry Sanders had played behind the Dallas O-line when Emmit Smith did he would have averaged over 2000 yards per season. Emmit ran through holes you could drive a truck through. Barry Sanders was the best to ever play the game period. Barry played behind lines that would have been outclassed by the dominant college teams of those days like Nebraska , Southern Cal. and Florida State. I am a huge Greeen Bay fan since 1967 when I met Carroll Dale and never liked any of the teams in the old Black and Blue division but I can't deny Barry Sanders of his due. He had more class than anybody playing today as well. He never celabrated his accomplishments and never tryed to show -up (GRANDSTANDING CRAP OF TODAYS PLAYERS ,95% AT LEAST) the competion except for his play on the field. Truely the best to ever play. Barrys son is good but not as good as dad was. Its hard to imagine that father and son could be numbers one and 2 in terms of best ever. That said I hope he does go to an old Black and Blue team like the packers.

Edited by Gizmo777

Sanders definately had more skill but Smith was consistant. Emmitt w/o a doubt won the war of attrition, w/ Barry and opposing defenses. Im a big Cowboy fan but I do often wonder what kind of numbers Sanders would have put up if he was in Dallas. With a better line and more around him who knows what he would have done. In Dallas he would have also stayed more motivated and who knows how many more years he would have played.