Dear Clintwood...

gwloyal

...no matter who wins or loses tomorrow, we will not be better than second place.

It seems as if Galax was awarded the Western Sectional Championship tonight without stepping on the field with either of us. Yep, I'm pissed.

We have no way of knowing who will win or lose between the two of us tomorrow. That's fine. No matter who wins, since we both will always be second in the west from here on out, let's make a point to bring home first in the state. We got your back, you get ours.

Maroon Wave here on out?

I heard about this....they shouldn't award anything till december 10th...

But then again...isn't that how virginia works?

Hey, I don't mind being second in the west as long as GW or Clintwood is first in the state at this point

2 fine programs and 2 programs with class. No matter the winner of the game between CW and GW,we will be represented well

AMEN. I think Clintwood and GW both would be happy with being second in the west as long as they are first in the state.

OK So now Im confused on the updated scores someone posted that the winner of the GW and Clintwood game wouldnt play Galax? I thought we would have to finish up the Western conference before any criss crossing happened? IS that not that case?

OK So now Im confused on the updated scores someone posted that the winner of the GW and Clintwood game wouldnt play Galax? I thought we would have to finish up the Western conference before any criss crossing happened? IS that not that case?

That's what I thought. I thought the West winner would meet the East winner for state championship. :confused:

Apparently in the new single A setup, the crossover happens during the semi's. Does this mean that Galax would meet the GW/Clintwood winner in the finals if they both won next week?

i read somewhere, that the winner of this game, gets a trophy too, must be a bracket thing.........:confused:

I've read since last night its not a "championship" trophy, but a "finalist" trophy, which would make a ton more sense. Apparently someone on another forum was either misunderstood or misinformed.

I've read since last night its not a "championship" trophy, but a "finalist" trophy, which would make a ton more sense. Apparently someone on another forum was either misunderstood or misinformed.

They announced after the game that Galax was the western section champion but there is no section champion ...i look at it like this ..they got a trophy for being the #1 seed and being able to host semifinal game! Finalist trophy does makes sense ...

When it gets down to the last two teams in the east and last two in the west, instead of them playing for an east championship and west championship, they crisscross which starts the state tournament (which is only two games: the state semifinal...or final four... which will be the top seeded east team playing the lower seeded west team and vice versa, and then the state championship game). Therefore, the state championship game might be 2 east teams or 2 west teams or one of each.

Does everybody get a juice box and a Little Debbie, too?

Does everybody get a juice box and a Little Debbie, too?

It's basically just replacing the regional championship trophy, not creating an additional one. In the past, if you made it to the state semi-finals, you would have had a regional title to show for it.

I dont like the higher sectional team getting a trophy, they didnt win it. Lets just not cross bracket and then you would have a true east or west champ.

I agree, that's a crock if you win out as a higher seed and get a trophy without ever having to play the remainder of your division or section for it. Let's just change the rules and drive all over the state. geez is this football or a scavenger hunt.. excuse me off to get my GPS.

I agree, that's a crock if you win out as a higher seed and get a trophy without ever having to play the remainder of your division or section for it. Let's just change the rules and drive all over the state. geez is this football or a scavenger hunt.. excuse me off to get my GPS.

It's an easy drive for Clintwood. I-81 most of the way. Just a really long drive.