Sussex Central...

ISOaPBR

It's good to have that kind of confidence in your team as a coach, but I have watched several teams from out that way, uh from Gretna eastward we'll say, and I am not impressed with the behavior they demonstrate alot of times. Maybe I'm just a backwoods hillbilly but by george my parents started teaching me at a young age to have respect for other people and this type of behavior should not be allowed to happen especially at the high school level. Take your talents and show them on the field, not in extracurricular crap! I know not every team out that way is like this but several I have watched has been! I've said this before on this board, but Gretna players taunting Floyd Co fans while they were "warming up" a few years ago was the worst display of behavior I had ever seen by a group of players.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good move Lance, the guy is just a jackass. Everyone posts thing that occasionally pisses someone off but to do it w/ every single post is just rediculious.

I would imagine Clintwood will be as big and physical as anyone the SC players have ever played. Clintwoods philosophy is to hit their opponents, HARD, offense defense special teams and see how they respond. Will SC have the intestional fortitude to hit back?

I listened to the game on the radio and couldnt understand why they didnt run Dotson on those short yardage situationsand just more in general. BIG Oline, BIG FB. Run the ball inside! The only thing I could think of was GW might be stacking the los. Clintwood is not really set up to run the toss consistantly.

http://virginiapreps.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1301794

Not a bad analysis but the score seems way off to me:eek:

The dude made his pick off bad information. He had Clintwood running 40 times for 20 yards against GW. He had some comment in there about the only reason they won was the 6 t/o's and if Sussex didnt do that they'd be OK. I called him on it and he edited the first 2-3 paragraphs of the article but kept the score the same.

kinda reminds me of how my kids are.they argue and scrap with each other all the time until an outsider brings a threat ,then they all buddy buddy and ready to help each other.i think for the most part every member from southwest va is a clintwood fan at this point.i guess a few haters hope they get romped.

We're family...and you never go against the family...

i got rid of him...hate to ban anyone, but every post is just some BS meant to start trouble...got tired of it.

No banhammer image?

So unfulfilled..

Gman does the show, i just kill.

HOW did I MISS this???? :mad:

Hazard, one of the two teams Clintwood lost to in the regular season, won the Kentucky 1A State Championship today defeating Mayfield 24 to 6.

A little perspective on the team Hazard beat;

Mayfield High School has won 8 Kentucky High School Athletic Association Football Championships (1977, 1978, 1985, 1986, 1993, 1995, 2002, and 2010) and enters the 2011 season 3rd in all time wins in the state with 777.[2]

Having grown up 20 miles from Mayfield, I will tell you their football tradition rivals programs like Bluefield. Hazard lost to them big in last year's championship game. So big props to Hazard on an outstanding season. Clintwood lost to a great team.

Mayfield High School has won 8 Kentucky High School Athletic Association Football Championships (1977, 1978, 1985, 1986, 1993, 1995, 2002, and 2010) and enters the 2011 season 3rd in all time wins in the state with 777.[2]

Having grown up 20 miles from Mayfield, I will tell you their football tradition rivals programs like Bluefield. Hazard lost to them big in last year's championship game. So big props to Hazard on an outstanding season. Clintwood lost to a great team.

Clintwood trailed Hazard just 9-7 at halftime... a couple big plays allowed Hazard to lengthen their lead .. I was impressed with Hazard ...reminded me of East Montgomery last yr with Qb -Shawn Christian and the spread O

I hope Belfry brings home a state title. Northern Ky views the teams of the Mtns. of KY the same way the teams of SWVA get viewed by the teams in Northern VA.