ACC Bowl Situations Pretty Much Set:

Deleted Account

Guest The Variable
lol. Yes, it's been ran in the B10 before. I'm not saying he will redefine the football culture at Ohio State, but Urban Meyer is a brand of football, similar to RichRod. The coach is synonymous with a particular style. Tressel just played to his strengths. Maybe, I'm in left field.

Im not sold on the idea that Urban Meyer will return Ohio State from its brief fall from glory. Im not sure that Urban Meyer has the same stomach for coaching that he has in the past.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deserve it our not the Hokies are there. I did not hear this much comotion back in 2000 when the 11th ranked Irish went to the Fiesta and the 5th ranked Hokies got skipped.

It is just a flawed system all around when you have Saban voting OSU 4th and other coaches voting them 6th to insure no shot at the title. Crazy.

http://dennis-dodd.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6270202/33715963

Gives some details on why Kansas state was left out

I also have a distinct recollection of a former VT football player whose father was closely associated with the Sugar Bowl a few years back...I wonder if that is what Hoolahan meant by “long-time friend and partner"???

I also have a distinct recollection of a former VT football player whose father was closely associated with the Sugar Bowl a few years back...I wonder if that is what Hoolahan meant by “long-time friend and partner"???

After the '95 Sugar Bowl, a daughter of one of the Sugar Bowl executives fell in love with the VT wave that followed the team to New Orleans so much, she ended up going to school and graduating from VT.

Jim Delany is good friends with Swofford.

They went to school together at UNC.

And Delany pretty much runs the BCS, so he definitely could have given a "wink wink" to the Sugar Bowl executives.

Delany also did everything in his power to get the Tatoo 5 eligible for the Sugar Bowl last year vs Arkansas, after what he did there was no way he was going to let Sugar Bowl select a Boise State type team.