Orange: VT

Chick-Fil-A: Clemson

Champs: FSU

Sun: GT

Belk: NCST

Music City: UVA

Independence: Wake

Military: UNC

If Clemson wins, probably just switch VT/Clemson.

So, the way I see it:

1. If VT loses AND

2. If OSU beats OU, here's how I see the bowls shaking out:

Orange: Clemson

Fiesta: VT

Chick-Fil-A: FSU/UVA

lets see...

Orange - wrong

Clemson won, so flip flop Orange with Chick Fil A - wrong

Fiesta - wrong

yep...you nailed it...lol.

USC ..........East 10-2, I thought we would get in. Jealous? yes. Congrats Hokies, I've calmed down. Pulled for you last night vs. Clemsux.

LOL! You were the 5th best team in your conference and thought you would get a BCS bid...funny...

Guest The Variable

My boss is from South Carolina. Lived there for 30-some years. Hes a Clemson guy, but how he describes Gamecocks fans, they pretty much paint the picture of Lunker Bass [banned]

Some other folks who should be steamed are the Mich. St. fans. They beat the conference champs in the regular season, then lose close in the championship, and beat Mich. head to head and don't go to the Sugar.

Guest The Variable
I missed most of this thread.

Who is Lunker's team?

Sporty Roosters who share a name with a part of the male anatomy that describes their personality.

in your first few posts in this thread you said VT would go to:

Orange - wrong

Fiesta - wrong

Chick Fil A - wrong

No, he pretty much nailed that the ACC would send two. And that VT would get an at-large bid. He just had Fiesta and Sugar switched.

Thanks. Yes, that's literally the only error in my predictions.

Lance is clearly wrong about me predicting VT to Chick-Fil-A, because it never happened.

He also must understand that the predictions were based on something called SCENARIOS, right? As in, if A happens, B will be the result; and if C happens, D will be the result. I mean, this is crystal freaking clear, isn't it?

Edited by UVAObserver

lets see...

Orange - wrong

Clemson won, so flip flop Orange with Chick Fil A - wrong

Fiesta - wrong

yep...you nailed it...lol.

Why were you so hurt that you had to comment twice? LOL.

Seriously, Lance. SCENARIOS.

1. If VT won, they would've been in the Orange Bowl. Durrr...

2. If VT lost, they would've had a BCS-at-large with OSU beating OU. CHECK!

I just missed the name of the bowl. Considering no one else in here gave it a snowball's chance in Hell, it's far beyond anything that anyone else would've predicted.

So Pat Forde just put out a column ripping VT's place in the Sugar Bowl. His argument is pretty much entirely predicated on the fact that Tech played a weak schedule this year, yet Yahoo! included a graphic that has VT playing a tougher schedule than Boise State and KSU, as based on the NCAA schedule strength.

So someone's wrong here.

Here's the article: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news;_ylt=An6Je5W9TYjK_.AoVdvDmZw5nYcB?slug=pf-forde_rematch_right_sugar_bowl_travesty_120411

Thanks. Yes, that's literally the only error in my predictions.

Lance is clearly wrong about me predicting VT to Chick-Fil-A, because it never happened.

He also must understand that the predictions were based on something called SCENARIOS, right? As in, if A happens, B will be the result; and if C happens, D will be the result. I mean, this is crystal freaking clear, isn't it?

Why were you so hurt that you had to comment twice? LOL.

Seriously, Lance. SCENARIOS.

1. If VT won, they would've been in the Orange Bowl. Durrr...

2. If VT lost, they would've had a BCS-at-large with OSU beating OU. CHECK!

I just missed the name of the bowl. Considering no one else in here gave it a snowball's chance in Hell, it's far beyond anything that anyone else would've predicted.

you back to back posted...to yourself....you hurtin'? lol.

I'm just saying...you didn't exactly "nail it"...lol. I understand all the blah blah blah here, my point is, for you to have "nailed it" all you needed to do was make one post saying VT to the Sugar Bowl regardless of win or loss....that would have been "nailing it"....what you did was just rattle on about a bunch of hypothetical stuff...blah blah blah....and the "if - then" stuff you said wasn't even "nailing it"....then you come back in at the end saying you "nailed it"...lol...so i'm just yanking your chain a little because it's been a while since I have given you down the road lol.

So Pat Forde just put out a column ripping VT's place in the Sugar Bowl. His argument is pretty much entirely predicated on the fact that Tech played a weak schedule this year, yet Yahoo! included a graphic that has VT playing a tougher schedule than Boise State and KSU, as based on the NCAA schedule strength.

So someone's wrong here.

Here's the article: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news;_ylt=An6Je5W9TYjK_.AoVdvDmZw5nYcB?slug=pf-forde_rematch_right_sugar_bowl_travesty_120411

It's Yahoo's graphic that is wrong. VT's SOS is about 40 spots lower than KSU's...

Exactly 40 spots: http://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/strength-of-schedule-by-team

A whopping 73 spots: http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/current_congrove_rankings.html

Edited by UVAObserver

So someone's wrong here.

I'm still not sure how VT got in over Kansas State.

Have you ever stopped to think that maybe Michigan doesn't want to do a home-and-home with us? We all know Tennessee doesn't. I feel that Ohio St. will back out as well.

I don't see the buckeyes backing out, with urban Meyer coming in they will be back to a top 5-10 team year in year out.

Guest The Variable
I don't see the buckeyes backing out, with urban Meyer coming in they will be back to a top 5-10 team year in year out.

incredibly premature.

incredibly premature.

True.

Although recruiting top talent to Ohio State is already pretty simple. Throwing an attractive name like Urban Meyer in the mix and running a progressive offense that the Big10ldfashioned isn't used to seeing and I can see them having some quick success.

True.

Although recruiting top talent to Ohio State is already pretty simple. Throwing an attractive name like Urban Meyer in the mix and running a progressive offense that the Big10ldfashioned isn't used to seeing and I can see them having some quick success.

Really? Its not like the spread hasnt been ran in the B10. Really tOSU has been running it the last 3 years for the most part.

Really? Its not like the spread hasnt been ran in the B10. Really tOSU has been running it the last 3 years for the most part.

lol. Yes, it's been ran in the B10 before. I'm not saying he will redefine the football culture at Ohio State, but Urban Meyer is a brand of football, similar to RichRod. The coach is synonymous with a particular style. Tressel just played to his strengths. Maybe, I'm in left field.