ACC Bowl Situations Pretty Much Set:

Deleted Account

This is the biggest crock of sh*& in the history of the BCS bowls. My God, are you kidding? Play 1 good team and get the hell beat out of you twice and go to a BCS bowl? Like Herbstreit just said "cupcake city". Unbelievable.

Hater much? :)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the biggest crock of sh*& in the history of the BCS bowls. My God, are you kidding? Play 1 good team and get the hell beat out of you twice and go to a BCS bowl? Like Herbstreit just said "cupcake city". Unbelievable.

Are you a jealous WVU fan or a jealous UT fan???

I like VT but I figured them headed for a Chick Fil A' lol...I don't think they deserved the Sugar Bowl either...but, until there is a playoff system, who cares? If it's not Scottish, it's all crap!

A college football fan. VT is like a bakery, they do real good until they run out of cupcakes. I dont expect any VT fan to admit it, but anyone who knows what a kicking tee is knows they dont deserve the Sugar Bowl.

A college football fan. VT is like a bakery, they do real good until they run out of cupcakes. I dont expect any VT fan to admit it, but anyone who knows what a kicking tee is knows they dont deserve the Sugar Bowl.

Gobble gobble gobble

Guest StoneyCalhoun

Try a LSU fan, who used to be all about getting money.

GOBBLE UP CUPCAKES. Join the SEC candyasses.

Guess what. We played a weak schedule. I said it. Oh wow....must be taboo. So what. Grow up. We got into a big time game. We have the chance to show the world that we can play on the big stage. Tennessee sucks. I don't care how many people are haters. I don't care what you say. Gobble gobble bitches. See you 1/3/12.

Guest StoneyCalhoun

And anyone who follows college football would know that VT is not afraid to play anyone - see USC, Bama, LSU, Boise, Bama again next year.

VT has played Michigan alot in the last few years. Eastern Michigan, Central Michigan, and Western Michigan.

Have you ever stopped to think that maybe Michigan doesn't want to do a home-and-home with us? We all know Tennessee doesn't. I feel that Ohio St. will back out as well.

Guess what. We played a weak schedule. I said it. Oh wow....must be taboo. So what. Grow up. We got into a big time game. We have the chance to show the world that we can play on the big stage. Tennessee sucks. I don't care how many people are haters. I don't care what you say. Gobble gobble bitches. See you 1/3/12.

What does Tennessee have to do with anything? Yep, you "got" into a big time game, you sure didnt play your way into it. Big Stage? Nope that is occupied by LSU and Alabama, the number 1 and 2 teams. Also, the number 1 and 2 SOS teams, not 57th. By the way, the earlier SEC comment, the 5th best SEC team (USC east) put a big time beatdown on Clemson. Remember them?

What does Tennessee have to do with anything? Yep, you "got" into a big time game, you sure didnt play your way into it. Big Stage? Nope that is occupied by LSU and Alabama, the number 1 and 2 teams. Also, the number 1 and 2 SOS teams, not 57th. By the way, the earlier SEC comment, the 5th best SEC team (USC east) put a big time beatdown on Clemson. Remember them?

So, again, who's your team.

hokie07 is about start Trollolololing... 3...2...1...

Nailed this happening EXACTLY except for VT to Sugar instead of Fiesta.

in your first few posts in this thread you said VT would go to:

Orange - wrong

Fiesta - wrong

Chick Fil A - wrong

hokie07 is about start Trollolololing... 3...2...1...

USC ..........East 10-2, I thought we would get in. Jealous? yes. Congrats Hokies, I've calmed down. Pulled for you last night vs. Clemsux.

After reading the bowls' twitter feeds, Champs Sports has UVA as its #3 team following Clemson and FSU in that order. They said it, not me. FSU played in the Peach last year, and UVA beat FSU this year. Would the Peach take UVA over FSU? It's an interesting discussion.

If Clemson pulled a miracle and shocked VT like in Blacksburg, Clemson goes to the Orange Bowl. There are six conferences with automatic tie-ins to the BCS. Three of the "at-larges" would be Alabama, Stanford, and Houston (assuming conference title win). That leaves 3 potential candidates for the Fiesta: VT, OSU/OU, Michigan/Michigan State/Wisconsin.

If OSU beats OU, a 3-loss OU is done.

If OU beats OSU, OSU likely stays over a losing VT given opponent strength in the final loss.

Michigan would be just 10-2 to VT's 11-2, and Michigan didn't win its division. They're out.

The loser of MSU/Wiscy would have 3 losses. They're done.

So, the way I see it:

1. If VT loses AND

2. If OSU beats OU, here's how I see the bowls shaking out:

Orange: Clemson

Fiesta: VT

Chick-Fil-A: FSU/UVA

Champs Sports: UVA/FSU

Sun: GT

Belk: NCSU

Music City: Wake

Independence: UNC

Military: ?!?!?!

So, in a bizarre twist, a VT loss could have VT playing a better opponent than with a win.

in your first few posts in this thread you said VT would go to:

Orange - wrong

Fiesta - wrong

Chick Fil A - wrong

No, he pretty much nailed that the ACC would send two. And that VT would get an at-large bid. He just had Fiesta and Sugar switched.

Guest StoneyCalhoun

oops.

Edited by StoneyCalhoun
Eh, not the first or last time I have been wrong.