David Wilson.

BlueTornadoFan

Wilson has kept his commitment to Tech. Running backs are not the most valued commodity in the NFL these days; they just have the shortest careers.

Wilson is an honorable young man, and should do what is best for him. I have no doubt if he leaves he will still get his degree.

Wilson has kept his commitment to Tech. Running backs are not the most valued commodity in the NFL these days; they just have the shortest careers.

Wilson is an honorable young man, and should do what is best for him. I have no doubt if he leaves he will still get his degree.

Best post in the thread.

Realistically, Wilson is ONE play away from possibly ending his career. There is no doubt that he loves Blacksburg and the team, but you know that Darren Evans and Ryan Williams are prime examples of how easily it is to get hurt and lose playing time. Granted they have/will recover and do well, not everyone is that lucky. I love DW, I love VT, but they have rode him like a horse all season long and we're extremely lucky he's held up to this point. A next season will only increase his chances of blowing something.

I guarantee you with all the time that players spend on campus during their summer that Wilson is a senior academically, credit wise. He can finish his degree in no time, probably this summer, and be on his way to earning a nice little paycheck in the pros with a degree in hand.

Best post in the thread.

Realistically, Wilson is ONE play away from possibly ending his career. There is no doubt that he loves Blacksburg and the team, but you know that Darren Evans and Ryan Williams are prime examples of how easily it is to get hurt and lose playing time. Granted they have/will recover and do well, not everyone is that lucky. I love DW, I love VT, but they have rode him like a horse all season long and we're extremely lucky he's held up to this point. A next season will only increase his chances of blowing something.

I guarantee you with all the time that players spend on campus during their summer that Wilson is a senior academically, credit wise. He can finish his degree in no time, probably this summer, and be on his way to earning a nice little paycheck in the pros with a degree in hand.

Yep. And in all honesty, he could already be an incredibly valuable return man at the very least. Just a freakish athlete that can make great things happen.

Yep. And in all honesty, he could already be an incredibly valuable return man at the very least. Just a freakish athlete that can make great things happen.

No such thing in the NFL anymore with KOs coming from the 40...punters would just kick it away from him...

No such thing in the NFL anymore with KOs coming from the 40...punters would just kick it away from him...

Not true at all. This year, returners are opting to bring the ball out even though they're starting 8 yards deep in their own end zone. And last I checked, punters are still kicking to Patrick Peterson and Devin Hester. Not saying DW would be as good as those guys, but if you would kick the ball away from anyone, it would be those two. So it's incredibly to be an effective if not game-changing return man, and Wilson is built perfectly to be such.

After his season low 32 yards in a conference champ. Game he is staying, and I see hosley staying after his down year this year filled with injuries....dyrell Roberts with another year due to two seasons of injuries, next year honestly will be a better year if the o-line can reload instead of rebuild with the loss of four seniors.

After his season low 32 yards in a conference champ. Game he is staying, and I see hosley staying after his down year this year filled with injuries....dyrell Roberts with another year due to two seasons of injuries, next year honestly will be a better year if the o-line can reload instead of rebuild with the loss of four seniors.

Honestly, with quotes like these, I grow more discouraged that he'll stay:

"I was kind of surprised (by the play calling)," Wilson said. "... It was the same thing in the UVA game. In the first half I only had a couple of carries. I had 15 in the second half. I thought it was going to be the same thing today but I guess they never got around to it."