2011's 45 Most Powerful Images

Some of these are amazing... IMO, The saddest one is the fallen soldier and his dog. Saw it earlier, but it will probably be one of my favorite/coolest/saddest/every emotion rolled into one, picture for a long, long time.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/the-most-powerful-photos-of-2011

2nd favorite is of the the two 80 year old lesbians who were finally married in NY...

Some of these are amazing... IMO, The saddest one is the fallen soldier and his dog. Saw it earlier, but it will probably be one of my favorite/coolest/saddest/every emotion rolled into one, picture for a long, long time.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/the-most-powerful-photos-of-2011

You can definitely tell the liberal lean of this publication, since roughly 1/3 of the images were of riots and people being pepper sprayed. Definitely much more of that then the natural devastation images.

Still believe that the SEAL's dog was the best.

You can definitely tell the liberal lean of this publication, since roughly 1/3 of the images were of riots and people being pepper sprayed. Definitely much more of that then the natural devastation images.

Those things happen and they make for mind boggling imagery.

It does happen, and I'm not saying that some of those images shouldn't be included, but it was highly excessive, given the slim number of images from:

1. Copious amounts of natural disasters this year

2. Tenth anniversary of 9/11

3. Turmoil in Middle East

Let's just say, it hides the bias about as well as Boy George hides his sexuality.

Definitely don't disagree with you on that, that's why I said "some". The natural disaster photos are ridiculous. The before/after Missouri one is the wildest, IMO.

But I agree with the SWVASports Liberal (deuces) too, sweet pics regardless...

Guest The Variable

And I loved seeing those images. Thats exactly what we should be doing. The only thing I didnt like was the aussie and french canadian make out scene. It was missing an excellent Gears of War style curb stomp.

The images from the Middle East are telling. Just showing the backwards, violent, and completely acinine behavior of the culture over there.

Joplin and Japan had crazy scenes Ill never forget the video showing waves of japanese houses flowing down the landscape. Sad.

Bin Ladens death: Notice President Obama is sitting in the corner with Biden looking half asleep next to him, and everyone else looking more involved and important. Perfect portrayal there.

The Sandstorm pic brings back memories of Iraq. We had 5 major sandstorms like that in the year I was there and countless smaller ones. You literally can not do anything aircraft related when they roll in.

SEAL Dog is one of the most moving images I have ever seen in my life.

Maybe they should have had an image of GMAN using the banhammer on the protesters?

Edited by The Variable

SEAL Dog is one of the most moving images I have ever seen in my life.

Another angle. Nothing will ever portray the saying "dogs are a man's best friend" more than this will.

Please excuse me while I go to the bathroom, my allergies are killing me right now.

article-seal1-420x0.jpg

Guest The Variable
Another angle. Nothing will ever portray the saying "dogs are a man's best friend" more than this will.

Please excuse me while I go to the bathroom, my allergies are killing me right now.

article-seal1-420x0.jpg

I remember when Fox showed the video of this. Absolutely moving. The first time I did border patrol, we were carrying Marine MP K-9 units with us. Marines with Tactical Shotties and German Sheppards. Illegals didnt mess with those guys. Most of those guys were friendlier with their four legged partners than anyone else.

It kinda proves the saying: The more people I meet, the more I like my dog.

article-seal1-420x0.jpg

Who's cutting onions in here?

There is another photo out there similar to this one with the wife of a soilder sleeping in front of the casket the night before the funeral. That right there will leave you in tears as well. If only we all could find a woman like that...

Guest The Variable
There is another photo out there similar to this one with the wife of a soilder sleeping in front of the casket the night before the funeral. That right there will leave you in tears as well. If only we all could find a woman like that...

Saw that one too. Equally moving.