Bluefield 2012 Football Schedule...

edrforshey

Lee got hardship for this exact same reason. They were over 2 hours away from the next closest AA competiton, and their numbers were just barely over the cutoff, as are Richlands. Ryan

Wonder how many players they were over when they dropped?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you say Richlands will be playing Group A, do you mean actually playing down, or just playing in a district with Group A schools (i.e. combination district) while remaining in AA?

Given Abingdon's similar predicament, what are the chances of the Clinch Mountain absorbing those two and becoming a combo district?

Even if the Blue Ridge moves to Region IV, that stills leave just three total districts (SWD dissolves and the Piedmont and River Ridge remain). That would still make it feasible to come up with a plan to allow Richlands and/or Abingdon to qualify for Region IV play while playing in the CMD (or elsewhere) in the regular season.

When you say Richlands will be playing Group A, do you mean actually playing down, or just playing in a district with Group A schools (i.e. combination district) while remaining in AA?

He means actually playin down in single A.

Sounds like they don't want any part of richlands in a football makes for better rivals being so close

I guess that is why we continue to play them then. Gosh some people are just dumb.

I do think Richlands will be playing down in A the next cycle, and I know Razor may not have the post count and all that some on here like to see, but knowing who he actually is I will gladly take his word over most if not all on here when it comes to Richlands sports and what is going on with them.

I do think Richlands will be playing down in A the next cycle, and I know Razor may not have the post count and all that some on here like to see, but knowing who he actually is I will gladly take his word over most if not all on here when it comes to Richlands sports and what is going on with them.

This ^^^^^ times infinity. I trust him more than I trust myself. Lol.

Because they'll be AAA next season....

I know, I thought it was always funny how they never played them when they were AA. This years playoffs proved what happens when they actually play a good team.

I'm lovin this comment!:D

Southern WV really needs a AA conference, district or what every you would want to call it. With all the consolidating taking play it just should be.

It would save travel money and create some large gates. Money, money, money.....

• 1 month later...

Here is what I know so far:

08/24 (A) Graham, VA

08/31 (H) Princeton

09/07

09/14 (-) Open or (H) River View

09/21 (H) Charlotte Latin, NC

09/28 (H) Gate City, VA

10/05 (-) Open or (H) River View

10/12 (A) Westside

10/19 (H) Oak Hill

10/26 (A) James Monroe

11/02 (A) Wayne

Unless the Bluefield vs Greenbrier East has been moved from week 3, they are not playing, cause Greenbrier East in week 3 has Shady Spring.

Greenbrier East needs 1 game:

either in Week 4 09/14 or Week 6 09/28

So Bluefield's schedule should look the following:

08/24 (A) Graham, VA

08/31 (H) Princeton

09/07 (-) Open

09/14 (H) Greenbrier East

09/28 (H) Gate City, VA

10/05 (H) River View

10/12 (A) Westside

10/19 (H) Oak Hill

10/26 (A) James Monroe

11/02 (A) Wayne

So Bluefield's schedule should look the following:

08/24 (A) Graham, VA

08/31 (H) Princeton

09/07 (-) Open

09/14 (H) Greenbrier East

09/28 (H) Gate City, VA

10/05 (H) River View

10/12 (A) Westside

10/19 (H) Oak Hill

10/26 (A) James Monroe

11/02 (A) Wayne

Interesting....six consecutive games at Mitchell to open.