Virginia Tech shooting

waste of time...here's what I had put together at 2:00...

cop pulls guy over on Washington, gets shot, radios dispatch with description & says guy is on foot headed towards McComas.

Guy walks past McComas to the cage, shoots 2nd person to get another vehicle, and is gone before they set up a roadblock.

They shoulda been out patrolling instead of going out to the PD and dressing in their bulletproof gear.

cop pulls guy over on Washington, gets shot, radios dispatch with description & says guy is on foot headed towards McComas.

Guy walks past McComas to the cage, shoots 2nd person to get another vehicle, and is gone before they set up a roadblock.

They shoulda been out patrolling instead of going out to the PD and dressing in their bulletproof gear.

I'm sure there's a tip hotline you can call and let them know your thoughts. ;)

Guest The Variable

Now why arent you out there advising them on how to handle this situation? Everyone likes getting advice from experts.

Uva Observer you are so smart, maybe President Obama will appoint you Attorney General, after Eric Holder is dismissed.

UVAO is a conservative. He doesn't have a shot for an Obama appointment.

P.S. ur grammer iz gud tho.

I take offense to your sarcasm. I happened to have relatives, who are VT students and was very concerned about their well being.

And I don't? My fiancee graduated from there in 2009, thank you. She was in Ambler-Johnston EXACTLY one floor above where the first shootings in 2007 took place. Her mother is a graduate of Virginia Tech as well. I have more friends in Blacksburg than I can count on fingers and toes. You want to imply perspective? GOTCHA.

Lighten up, Francis. Just because I make a funny about a poster who has had a little history of jumping the gun on some of his statements doesn't mean that I (1) lack perspective, (2) don't care, and (3) haven't said prayers for VT, the victims, and their families.

My grandson came out of his class and saw the paramedics working with the police officer. I just spoke to him and he is still in a state of shock.

My best friend was walking home and heard the gunshots. I didn't hear from him for hours. I was a wreck too. And even I knew UVAO was just trying to lighten the mood a little.

Also, I have a granddaughter who is graduating this year, at VT. I apology for being a little defensive UVA Observer. I plan to drive down tomorrow and visit with them.

No problem, friend. Wasn't the right place for me to make a joke, and I do apologize for any offense I caused. The important thing is, though, that we do remember the VT family, which is really all our family.

Wondering if this event yesterday in Radford could be related to what occurred today at Virginia Tech. Read this yesterday in the Roanoke paper. It is what came to mind immediately after hearing about the shootings today.

http://articles.wdbj7.com/2011-12-07/vehicle_30488397

Life has many choices---eternity two

I'd say yes. They've identified the gunman as a Radford student who stole an SUV at gunpoint to drive to VT. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/virginia-tech-gunman-identified-police-article-1.989472

I don't even think college affiliation should play a role in this. Every university has it's share of students who are messed up in the head. VT has had its, UVA has had its, Radford has had its. I just don't know if any positives accomplished by mentioning other schools in this.

I don't even think college affiliation should play a role in this. Every university has it's share of students who are messed up in the head. VT has had its, UVA has had its, Radford has had its. I just don't know if any positives accomplished by mentioning other schools in this.

Probably no positives.. but it is interesting.