SWVA versus NET

wave316

Tonight was our first Va All Star practice in preparation for Saturdays game versus NET'S best players at Science Hill High School. What a thrill to see seniors from over 20+ high schools practicing as one team .

Reece Strong, Josh Hess ,Taylor Wade, Hunter Brown ,Josh Compton with their Richlands helmets on , George Wythe's players , Lee High's Tyler Graham, Lebanon's Chris Belcher and Bryan Salyer , J. I.Burton players, Honaker players ,Gate City, Va High ,John Battle, Chilhowie , Rural Retreat, Union, Central, Holston ,Haysi, etc...

This was an amazing sight to see, also with the Coaches all working together. Coach Doug Hubbard, Coach Paul Wheeler, Coach Jason Matlock, Mike Owens, Ethan Owens, Larry Russell, Steve Wright, Jeff Robinson, Dan Strong, all working with the players.

Saturday's game ought to be a good one. Tennessee is a loaded team. A Battle of the Border is brewing... Va guys are practicing hard ..will meet again Tuesday at Va High to practice. Then on Wednesday to Emory and Henry to get a feel for turf, and a practice at Honaker on Thursday.

Hope we have many fans to support these guys as they represent SWVA. WJHL TV will rebroadcast the game Saturday evening at 6pm... Tickets are 6 dollars at the gate . This game is dedicated to Tucker Montgomery of Tri-Cities Christian who was injured earlier this yr and is in Atlanta hospital recovering

Stopped by Emory and watched the guys for bit. Snapped a few cell pics.

Wow ,that's my first visit ever to Emory and what a nice facilty they have! Was great to see Devon Johnson and Tyler Graham in the same backfield! The practice went really well,the players are having lots of fun ,many are trading helmet stickers..was cool seeing GW player with Richlands sticker and Haysi with a Castlewood sticker,lol. Coach Montgomery spoke to the whole team after practice and it was a great message.

Hope everyone can come watch the game this Saturday at 1pm . Thursday we practice at Honaker..another good turf field.

I was wondering why no Castlewood players on this team. They made it to state and some really good players.

Got to think too, so many of those players play basketball as well, and I am sure Doug wouldn't want them to risk getting hurt in a one off football game when they have another good shot at a long playoff run in basketball.

Guest king kone

East Tenn. 30 SwVa. 22.....2 int run back for Td's were killers....Devon Johnson was tough today as was the Offensive line......

Lance, or anyone else out there that likes photography, did you guys take pics? If so, can you post the link to them on here? Thanks.

I did not have anyone to watch my kids, so I couldn't go...my wife had to work today and couldn't take the day off this close to Christmas :( I hate I couldn't be there this year.