Richlands 2012

rvtne216

How will the Blues fair next year?

Should win the SWD again next year. It's going to be a little tough replacing all of the guys that are leaving but we have the guys do it. Colton will do a pretty good job of replacing Devon as RB, but as far as QB, I don't know who's going to take that spot. Overall, Should be another good year for us and hopefully Mance will have them ready for whatever the season has in store for us. It would be nice to extend that regular season win streak but you know what they say, all streaks come to an end. I just can't wait till football season rolls around.

Richlands will be good as usual. Programs like that very rarely suffer bad seasons. Will they be up to this years standards should be the question IMO. Im going to jump out on a limb and say Richlands will god 9-1 regular season at the worst.

Should win the SWD again next year. It's going to be a little tough replacing all of the guys that are leaving but we have the guys do it. Colton will do a pretty good job of replacing Devon as RB, but as far as QB, I don't know who's going to take that spot. Overall, Should be another good year for us and hopefully Mance will have them ready for whatever the season has in store for us. It would be nice to extend that regular season win streak but you know what they say, all streaks come to an end. I just can't wait till football season rolls around.

IMO I think we go 7-3, we need a qb, the lines gone, defense will be good but look at who we play- Pulaski, Carroll, Union, Gate City.... it will be tough to come away from legion with a win as it always is and we play pulaski at pulaski and they were really no pushover this year.

Well.... you know.. recruiting season isn't over yet and all :rolleyes: so it's hard telling :p

I'm out on the recruiting trail right now..............checking out the Chick-fil-A right now in Bristol.....lol

Not much as far as football players go, but the sandwich and waffle fries are awful good.......:D

I'm out on the recruiting trail right now..............checking out the Chick-fil-A right now in Bristol.....lol

Not much as far as football players go, but the sandwich and waffle fries are awful good.......:D

After the Chicken sandwich, see if you cant find us another 6'2 230 pound RB with 4.5 speed. And while your at it, how about a few 280-300 pound lineman. Thanks in advance

Does anyone think, that without some new "recruits" (just kidding, but you know what I mean) that Richlands' "well" might be running dry soon???

High school athletics in more sparsely-populated areas always runs in spurts. That doesn't mean that some schools won't be better than others on a more consistent basis: that's coaching. However, with smaller enrollments, some classes are much more blessed than others in terms of athletes.

I don't know if the well's "running dry", but it wouldn't shock me.

Does anyone think, that without some new "recruits" (just kidding, but you know what I mean) that Richlands' "well" might be running dry soon???

Well they Have State Championships in 1992 & 2006. Went to the State Championship game and lost in 2005 & 2007. Lost in the State Semi's in 2004 & 2008 without the "recruits".

The Defense should be really good next year, Probably better than alot of people realize. The Offense is anybody's guess right now. Should be a rebuilding year, but i wouldn't bet the farm against 9 wins.

I see what GMan is saying. Richlands had what a linemen, a RB and a WR that were all major contributors that moved to Richlands in/just before high school. Without those guys Richlands would have probably made it just as far as they did but w/o them they probably lose to Union and definately arent as dominant.

The window on Richlands State Title runs may be closing and w/o those title runs kids arent gonna want to move to Richlands. Richlands does have a very good program overall so future success is almost guaranteed but future dominance may not be. All good things must come to an end.

Richlands skill positions will still be good next year, it will be the lineman that are the biggest question mark at the moment, their receivers overall should be better than they were this year, and they don't have another Devon, but they have several quality backs and you will see a name or two that will surprise most people that don't know the team very well out of the backfield. Winning the SWD is laughable at this point to be honest, which to all those that remember the old SWD is a bit depressing, but it is what it is, I'm sure the coaching staff will have the boys ready to go so I guess everybody will just have to wait and see how it pans out.

I see what GMan is saying. Richlands had what a linemen, a RB and a WR that were all major contributors that moved to Richlands in/just before high school. Without those guys Richlands would have probably made it just as far as they did but w/o them they probably lose to Union and definately arent as dominant.

The window on Richlands State Title runs may be closing and w/o those title runs kids arent gonna want to move to Richlands. Richlands does have a very good program overall so future success is almost guaranteed but future dominance may not be. All good things must come to an end.

Who is the lineman? And that RB went there for like 3-4 years, it really is getting old hearing about it. Also if you think #44 made anywhere near the difference he usually makes in the Union game then if just shows you haven't watched him play any other games, I'm not down playing his effort at all, but he was still banged up and just wasn't his usual self in that game.

Edited by Ditto

Who is the lineman? And that RB went there for like 3-4 years, it really is getting old hearing about it. Also if you think #44 made anywhere near the difference he usually makes in the Union game then if just shows you haven't watched him play any other games, I'm not down playing his effort at all, but he was still banged up and just wasn't his usual self in that game.

Did he even have a rush in that game? I know they put him at reciever there at the last, but I don't recall him as a back. Could be wrong though.