Newt Gingrich ***RIPS*** into John King on the 1st question in tonites GOP debate.

blueinbama

Guest The Variable

Disagree. POTUS is supposed to be the cream of the crop. Some dude who has proven himself to be at the height of hypocrisy on several occasions, deserves to be asked about his failings.

1) It IS news.

2) Not only is it news, but it is news that is unpleasant for the subject to speak about. Such situations will show composure in addressing those topics. While politically, his maneuver was understandable, from a leadership perspective, it shows shame or cowardice. Not what I want in a president.

3) Honor. If you have a secret clearance, you can lose it if you cheat on your spouse. The Government takes the unbelievably pragmatic and sensible view that if you can break your word to God or your love, it shows a pattern of untrustworthy behavior. Perry nailed it: If youll cheat on your wife, youll cheat anyone.

I think a lot of what Newt says is smart, I also find a lot of the things he says are incredibly dumb. That puts him in the Ronpaul category. That said, there are 2 big differences between Ronpaul and Newt: Newt doesnt have a cult following, and Ronpaul actually believes in what he says.

The fact that he had the audacity to ask his wife to have an open marriage shows incredible conceit and nerve. I do not respect him.

Savvy move by Newt, but he must recognize that everything's under the microscope now.

How much of this information is actually new to anyone? Newt's a pretty reprehensible human being -- that opinion coming from someone who would give very serious consideration to voting for him, mind you.

How much of this information is actually new to anyone? Newt's a pretty reprehensible human being -- that opinion coming from someone who would give very serious consideration to voting for him, mind you.

It's not new to people who follow politics with a keen eye. That's why I was so shocked that Newt threw his hat into the ring now: nothing's going to erase his moral hypocrisy in the '90s.

The fact that he had the audacity to ask his wife to have an open marriage shows incredible conceit and nerve. I do not respect him.

Bit of clarification in order. This was his SECOND wife, with whom he was involved while still married to his first wife. (And with regard to the first wife, he initiated discussion of their divorce while she was in the hospital recovering from surgery.)

I don't respect either one of them.

It's not new to people who follow politics with a keen eye. That's why I was so shocked that Newt threw his hat into the ring now: nothing's going to erase his moral hypocrisy in the '90s.

Bill Clinton rewrote the rules for moral hypocrisy in the White House. But he didn't do so in such a way that allows Gingrich to slide in this case.

Newt's actually a really intelligent guy. Unfortunately for him (and for us), there's the strong probability that he will go bats#it crazy at any given second.

Right now I'm betting that Mitch Daniels and his wife are having nightly discussions along the lines of, "You really think our stuff is worse than THIS????"

I do find high comedic value in Newt's explanation of his infidelities....

"There's no question at times in my life, partially driven by how passionately I felt about this country, that I worked too hard and things happened in my life that were not appropriate."

That's always conjured a disturbing mental image of Newt at the point of climax yelling, "U-S-A!! U-S-A!!"

Guest The Variable
Right now I'm betting that Mitch Daniels and his wife are having nightly discussions along the lines of, "You really think our stuff is worse than THIS????"

This is what I dont understand. Im not perfect, but I like to think I have a decent moral compass. At what point is somebody who shares that compass going to stand up and go "Hey, given the turd sewage flowing through the white house, I would be an improvement!" and run for office. I hate looking at every candidate in every party thinking "jeeze, I am smarter than them" especially when I know that there are a lot better folks than myself walking this earth.

Newt has always had a high "sleaze" factor, but you must admire his stones. He criticizes the morality of Clinton after having cheated on two wives. He talks about Romney as being an out of touch rich guy, while having a million dollar line of credit for his wife @ Tiffany's.

That takes a set.

His other charming trait is the fact that he is one of those guys who is always ready to show everyone that he is the smartest guy in the room. (He's the guy you and your buddies want to pummel because he's such a know it all.)

Guest The Variable
Newt has always had a high "sleaze" factor, but you must admire his stones. He criticizes the morality of Clinton after having cheated on two wives. He talks about Romney as being an out of touch rich guy, while having a million dollar line of credit for his wife @ Tiffany's.

That takes a set.

His other charming trait is the fact that he is one of those guys who is always ready to show everyone that he is the smartest guy in the room. (He's the guy you and your buddies want to pummel because he's such a know it all.)

minus the bank account, you can find these people on Jerry Springer, I dont admire their stones either. It takes a bigger man to know when to button up, or even better: understand someone elses public failing to address your OWN private one.

unless by stones, you are referring to ovaries.

minus the bank account, you can find these people on Jerry Springer, I dont admire their stones either. It takes a bigger man to know when to button up, or even better: understand someone elses public failing to address your OWN private one.

unless by stones, you are referring to ovaries.

How was he supposed to "button up" after an opening question like that? I repeat, I LOVED it. Sounds like the audience loved it too. As far as his moral compass goes, if he can get this country out of the mess it's in and get people making and spending more money so this economy can get back on track, I don't care if he boinks Michelle Obama. Just get this incompetent ass Obama out of the White House and I'll be happy.

Guest The Variable
How was he supposed to "button up" after an opening question like that? I repeat, I LOVED it. Sounds like the audience loved it too. As far as his moral compass goes, if he can get this country out of the mess it's in and get people making and spending more money so this economy can get back on track, I don't care if he boinks Michelle Obama. Just get this incompetent ass Obama out of the White House and I'll be happy.

I meant he should have buttoned up during the Clinton ordeal.

And he wont get us out of this mess. Check his history after leaving congress, its full of just as many big government proposals as the liberals bring up.

It was a clever sound byte, but not one to be taken seriously.

I meant he should have buttoned up during the Clinton ordeal.

And he wont get us out of this mess. Check his history after leaving congress, its full of just as many big government proposals as the liberals bring up.

It was a clever sound byte, but not one to be taken seriously.

My bad. Misunderstood the button up comment. :/ I'm really frustrated with this administration.

Guest The Variable
My bad. Misunderstood the button up comment. :/ I'm really frustrated with this administration.

Yeah, Obama is the answer to this country like the answer to 2+2 = is 234,342.

Unfortunately, the GOP answers are 10, -3 and Elephants!