Joe Paterno dies at age 85

Guest The Variable
Awesome journalism there, boys. Just awesome.

Not you, though, sportsfan. Just crappy media in general.

Kind of makes sportsfans sig line pretty amusing.

Guest StoneyCalhoun
Kind of makes sportsfans sig line pretty amusing.

+1

As soon as I read the first post I said someone had to pick up on that by now. Glad to see someone did.

The poor man had nothing else to keep getting him up in the morning, IMHO.

Penn State is a better place for him having been there. May his family take comfort.

My sentiments as well.

He was truly a good guy, IMO. People will remember him because of the scandal and I hate that for him. Did he make a mistake by not reporting it? Absolutely. Would he do it differently if given another chance? I'd say so. Hindsight is 20/20.

Guest The Variable
My sentiments as well.

He was truly a good guy, IMO. People will remember him because of the scandal and I hate that for him. Did he make a mistake by not reporting it? Absolutely. Would he do it differently if given another chance? I'd say so. Hindsight is 20/20.

I disagree. He didnt even act like he was really sorry when the grand jury report went public. He never really looked like he cared one way or another.

I doubt he would have done anything differently.

I disagree. He didnt even act like he was really sorry when the grand jury report went public. He never really looked like he cared one way or another.

I doubt he would have done anything differently.

He's been sick with lung cancer and in the hospital. I'll give him a pass on a formal apology. Before that, he was completely exiled from everything Penn State. I'm sure heartbroken doesn't describe it. Wasn't he caught on video crying?

Regardless, that isn't really the issue here. He's done a lot of good for not only Penn State football, but for all Penn State students, and was respected by everyone.

Again, I'm not justifying his actions or lack thereof in the scandal. I'm just saying that it's easy to get caught up in a single bad thing that happened in his 200 year life. I disagreed with his actions, but I still say he was a decent human being and not the real criminal in this matter.

He's been sick with lung cancer and in the hospital. I'll give him a pass on a formal apology. Before that, he was completely exiled from everything Penn State. I'm sure heartbroken doesn't describe it. Wasn't he caught on video crying?

Regardless, that isn't really the issue here. He's done a lot of good for not only Penn State football, but for all Penn State students, and was respected by everyone.

Again, I'm not justifying his actions or lack thereof in the scandal. I'm just saying that it's easy to get caught up in a single bad thing that happened in his 200 year life. I disagreed with his actions, but I still say he was a decent human being and not the real criminal in this matter.

Nicely expressed.

If Bob Huggins went under .500 for four solid years, WVU fans would do everything short of overtake Huggins' house with axes and battering rams.

He's a WVU fan. Fixed it for you.

What did my post have to do with VT or WVU? Not a single thing. Also, if Huggins started to have 4 consecutive losing seasons then I would probably say it's time for him to retire because he has never done that. I wouldn't be so aggressive though.