Largest Active Home Winning Streak

rebel11

Ok I guess I need to break down my post piece by piece and explain myself and my comments a little more clearer.

First of all I said...

"I would seriously say it would be hard for any school in the state of Virginia to come into Hurley and be able to come out of there with a win."

Ok what I mean is on the Group A D1 level of play in the state of Virginia, I believe that any team would have a hard time with the Rebels if they played at Hurley. I also believe that the Rebels would stand a excellent chance at winning any of these games.

Now the statement below is completely true and anyone who has seen Hurley play at Hurley knows this is true. Hurley does play at a higher level at home. 100% fact!!!

"First of all those boys just play at a completly higher level at Hurley. Then the fact that you have the REBEL NATION filling the bleachers, lining the walls, standing at both doorways, and some sitting in the floors."

Now as far as your comments about people talking about how people are intimidated to play at Hurley I do not recall myself or anyone else saying that. Also how you throw football into this when you was talking about the cliff is beyond me!!

As far as your comments about the Mountaineer and you talking the pics for the Mountaineer if that is true I believe you need to tell them to start giving you proper credit Lance because I have only seen your name on one picture this basketball season. Most of the time it's either Mike Stiltner or Sam Bartley.

Last I would just like to say that I cannot understand why so many people from this area likes to hate on Hurley. I would be happy to see a team from our area having success but it seems every message board I go to people keep wanting to hate on Hurley. You guys here however aren't the worse that award go to the jerks over on the virginiapreps.com board. One certain guy over there tend to bad mouth Hurley every few days.

first, i dont keep up with what Sam uses or who he gives the credit to, i could care less...i dont even get the Mountaineer in Abingdon...the BHC, BDT, and Mountaineer have all used my pics and not "given me credit"...sometimes it says "staff photo" other times the BDT got it from Sam and it was credited as Va Mountaineer's pic...whatever...i dont keep up with it at all...i really could care less what they put under the pic. I just know when they ask me for pics...this weekend i'm doing wrestling at Va High.

and i hope you realize that the "intimidation" thing is not limited to this thread...you hear it from Hurley fans all the time...about the cliff, the gym, the fans, the rebel flag...they go on and on about how it intimidates people...and it doesn't really....thats what i'm saying.

You guys also seem to think that just because you say something stupid, people are trying to "hate" on Hurley by saying that its stupid....they are not...they are just pointing out that what you said was in fact dumb.

Guest The Variable

and i hope you realize that the "intimidation" thing is not limited to this thread...you hear it from Hurley fans all the time...about the cliff, the gym, the fans, the rebel flag...they go on and on about how it intimidates people...and it doesn't really....thats what i'm saying.

I remember this now. I remember folks saying something about shocking the folks in Richmond with all of the dixie flags and the rebel flag for some sort of game that they were travelling here for.

I said its a big whoop. Nobody cares, Richmond was the capital of the confederacy and its surrounded by rednecks on all sides. You see rebel flags all over Richmond. Some people thinks its offensive or racist, but they are also used to it. Nobody is intimidated by it. More people just shake their heads at it.

I remember this now. I remember folks saying something about shocking the folks in Richmond with all of the dixie flags and the rebel flag for some sort of game that they were travelling here for.

I said its a big whoop. Nobody cares, Richmond was the capital of the confederacy and its surrounded by rednecks on all sides. You see rebel flags all over Richmond. Some people thinks its offensive or racist, but they are also used to it. Nobody is intimidated by it. More people just shake their heads at it.

yeah...it's not all the Hurley folks that do it, but there are a few...and a couple of them are in this thread! lol. I just don't think they realize people don't buy in to the what they are thinking...they seem to actually believe it.

It might be left over from the 70s and 80s...which, back then...Hurley was not a fun place to play at, you got rocks thrown at you, your vehicle would probably get vandalized, if you won the cops had to help get you out of there...not a very friendly atmosphere...lol. All true.

Things are not like that these days and haven't been for a while now...as well they shouldn't be...its not a bad place to go and play...the field is in good shape, they have done a lot of work fixing it up nice...i guess Smiley did that? I dunno. The gym is clean and painted up nice...the school is pretty clean for an older building...they keep everything painted pretty good...it's a nice place now...wasn't always like that.

Some people though, seem to think or want others to think it's still like it was 30 years ago...and its just not like that...not even close.

Guest The Variable
Some people though, seem to think or want others to think it's still like it was 30 years ago...and its just not like that...not even close.

Thats a good thing, what you described is nothing to be proud of, unless you are from Philadelphia.

Still, if they brought that dixie mentality down to Portsmouth or Newport News...they might get the same treatment.

yeah...it's not all the Hurley folks that do it, but there are a few...and a couple of them are in this thread! lol. I just don't think they realize people don't buy in to the what they are thinking...they seem to actually believe it.

It might be left over from the 70s and 80s...which, back then...Hurley was not a fun place to play at, you got rocks thrown at you, your vehicle would probably get vandalized, if you won the cops had to help get you out of there...not a very friendly atmosphere...lol. All true.

Things are not like that these days and haven't been for a while now...as well they shouldn't be...its not a bad place to go and play...the field is in good shape, they have done a lot of work fixing it up nice...i guess Smiley did that? I dunno. The gym is clean and painted up nice...the school is pretty clean for an older building...they keep everything painted pretty good...it's a nice place now...wasn't always like that.

I don't know where you got your information from,but it has never been like you are describing.You or anyone else that comes to Hurley or any school and shows their ass,someone will probably kick it for you.Just because someone wants to get on here and brag about their team a little too much is no reason to bash the whole community.

I don't know where you got your information from,but it has never been like you are describing.You or anyone else that comes to Hurley or any school and shows their ass,someone will probably kick it for you.Just because someone wants to get on here and brag about their team a little too much is no reason to bash the whole community.

oh...yeah...it was like that. One time someone stole all the tail gates off the trucks in the parking lot and they never did find them? lol. I played over there in the 80's dude...you are not going to tell me how it was or wasn't...i was there...i know how it was lol....everything i said is 100% true.

and once again...I AM NOT BASHING anyone...in fact, I just outlined how NICE it is over there now as compared to the 80s? What part of that are you not getting here?

So you don't think i'm just talking about Hurley....here you go....Grundy is the same way...in the 80s you played on gravel...now the field gets muddy, but at least its not solid rock...and they have nice field houses and everything there...it's much nicer than it was in the 80s. Hurley's field was the same way...it was brutal to play on back then. Things have improved.

oh...yeah...it was like that. One time someone stole all the tail gates off the trucks in the parking lot and they never did find them? lol. I played over there in the 80's dude...you are not going to tell me how it was or wasn't...i was there...i know how it was lol....everything i said is 100% true.

and once again...I AM NOT BASHING anyone...in fact, I just outlined how NICE it is over there now as compared to the 80s? What part of that are you not getting here?

So you don't think i'm just talking about Hurley....here you go....Grundy is the same way...in the 80s you played on gravel...now the field gets muddy, but at least its not solid rock...and they have nice field houses and everything there...it's much nicer than it was in the 80s. Hurley's field was the same way...it was brutal to play on back then. Things have improved.

If you played at Hurley in the 80's you played on the team that Hurley beat,don't be a sore loser.You can't blame Hurley or even Grundy when someone from W VA. comes over and steals a bunch of tailgates.

If you played at Hurley in the 80's you played on the team that Hurley beat,don't be a sore loser.You can't blame Hurley or even Grundy when someone from W VA. comes over and steals a bunch of tailgates.

dude...i dont know how much you know about Grundy football, but everyone beat us in the 80s...if i held a grudge for 30 years over all the teams that beat us, then I'd have to write a book on it. I think you guys beat us once? I dunno...they were talking about it before this season started and someone (from Hurley) said they had only beaten Grundy like 3 times in ever how many years...i dont keep up with it that closely to be honest so you would have to ask someone else on the head to head match ups and what years Grundy won and what years Hurley won. Either way, what I've said here has nothing to do with winning or losing a game back 30 years ago...honest. lol.

I think the tail gate game was against Garden? I can't remember exactly who they were playing.

Once again, you are just not understanding me here.

lol I'm not sure how the subject got changed so many times, but to get back on track, I believe we were talking about without Waynick, Hurley losses all rebounding, and I couldn't agree with you more on that lance, and when Waynick leaves the winning streak more than likely will end because with him go the Coopers. I never said it was intimidating to play any sport at Hurley, but I do believe it is tough to get a W there, especially basketball. The boys play on an almost ridiculous level at home and wether or not anyone wants to admit it, there isn't a much louder crowd around, not that they are intimidating anyone they just really get into the game.

Guest rebel85

DELETED by hokie07.

Edited by hokie07
Profanity

profanity,,,,, really? did you not read his post??? come on man

No I didn't read his post actually, but I will. I seriously doubt he used that type of language towards you and made personal attacks. Lance can disagree with someone without looking like a moron. If he did use that type of language, I'll apologize to you and re-post your initial post. Free of charge.

I'd say that your days/hours/minutes are limited here. I just looked at the weather forecast and it's partly cloudy with a 99% chance of the BANHAMMER. Enjoy!

No I didn't read his post actually, but I will. I seriously doubt he used that type of language towards you and made personal attacks. Lance can disagree with someone without looking like a moron. If he did use that type of language, I'll apologize to you and re-post your initial post. Free of charge.

I'd say that your days/hours/minutes are limited here. I just looked at the weather forecast and it's partly cloudy with a 99% chance of the BANHAMMER. Enjoy!

Which one will it be? Lance or GMan that shall give?

Did anybody notice the title of this thread? I think it should be longest instead of largest, but hell, what do I know. lol

Let me say this, intimidate hardly, but the opposing team does know that Hurley will give 100% for the entire basketball game. I don't know of any team in SWVA that intimidates an opposing team. I would say some teams dread playing Richlands,Bluefield, and maybe one or two more but they don't make anybody "piss their pants" as far as football.

Doesn't or didn't Clintwood have a long home winning streak in football? I would consider that more impressive.

p.s. could be Richlands, I'm sure someone on here knows.

Well Im sorry for starting this thread it wasnt meant to just talk about Hurley i was wondering about other teams in the state ..

Remember guys fighting on the internet is like running the special olympics , If you win your still a retard!!