Largest Active Home Winning Streak

rebel11

I highly doubt it, I would seriously say it would be hard for any school in the state of Virginia to come into Hurley and be able to come out of there witha win. First of all those boys just play at a completly higher level at Hurley. Then the fact that you have the REBEL NATION filling the bleachers, lining the walls, standing at both doorways, and some sitting in the floors. We pack that place so full it's a wonder if we don't get in trouble with the fire marshall for being over the capacity. They are no fans that can compare to the Rebel fans, I put them up against any fans in the state, and the Rebels have 3 more games at home this year one against Council one against Mountain Mission and then a regional playoff game and if they can win all 3 of those games they will extend that streak up to 25 straight games.

I highly doubt it, I would seriously say it would be hard for any school in the state of Virginia to come into Hurley and be able to come out of there witha win. First of all those boys just play at a completly higher level at Hurley. Then the fact that you have the REBEL NATION filling the bleachers, lining the walls, standing at both doorways, and some sitting in the floors. We pack that place so full it's a wonder if we don't get in trouble with the fire marshall for being over the capacity. They are no fans that can compare to the Rebel fans, I put them up against any fans in the state, and the Rebels have 3 more games at home this year one against Council one against Mountain Mission and then a regional playoff game and if they can win all 3 of those games they will extend that streak up to 25 straight games.

I have invited Coach Cooper to be one of our Va All-Star coaches with several Hurley guys on the team...you think you could pack the new UVA Wise Convocation Center with fans in March! The place holds about 2,500!:)

Any school in the state of Virginia? You're retarded.

Guest The Variable
Any school in the state of Virginia? You're retarded.

Yeah, like Pheobus. They just had a 52 game win streak broken at home this past season. Insane.

Edited by The Variable

no one is scared to play at hurley in any sport...the fans don't intimidate anyone, the cliff doesn't intimidate anyone...no one cares outside of hurley about any of that stuff...people just hate the drive over there...that's it.

as far as the win streak...it's over once Waynick leaves....sad but true.

Guest rebel85

correct me if im wrong lance but to the best of my knowledge grundy is only one hill away from hurley,and you act like hurley is so bad well you arent any better than anyone over here,the comment was a little overboard about anyone not winning here but, come on man these boys are on a streak so lets all cheer them on. id cheer for grundy if they were doing good, youll get to come across the dreadfull hill soon enough because they will consolidate soon anyway, and maybe you wont be so intimidated,,,, i can tell from your remarks your intimidated yourself,, haha. hope you enjoyed your loss tonight,

no one is scared to play at hurley in any sport...the fans don't intimidate anyone, the cliff doesn't intimidate anyone...no one cares outside of hurley about any of that stuff...people just hate the drive over there...that's it.

as far as the win streak...it's over once Waynick leaves....sad but true.

It just eats everyone up that Grundy or any other team in the BDD for that matter doesn't even belong on the same court as Hurley. They must be doin something right to have this many people bashing on them. Hurley is the toughest place to play at basketball this end of the state. As for the Waynick comment, he's a great player, but people forget the reigning state player of the year still suits up for the rebels, but that's ok maybe when he drops 30 at state people will take notice.

Guest rebel85

yeah just like the mountaineer man hurley should get a little more respect,they have beat everyone in the district by 20 or more points, and they put a little picture and write a few words about them, but let a grundy wrestler stick a finger up someones a@$ and they get a golden crown.but thats ok, everyone else around the area knows were coming ... be ready

Guest rebel85

woooo that sh&ts funny i dont care who you are, woooo hoo i live one hill over from hurley and and can spell better than you,,yeeee haaawwwww.give me a red apple.

correct me if im wrong lance but to the best of my knowledge grundy is only one hill away from hurley,and you act like hurley is so bad well you arent any better than anyone over here,the comment was a little overboard about anyone not winning here but, come on man these boys are on a streak so lets all cheer them on. id cheer for grundy if they were doing good, youll get to come across the dreadfull hill soon enough because they will consolidate soon anyway, and maybe you wont be so intimidated,,,, i can tell from your remarks your intimidated yourself,, haha. hope you enjoyed your loss tonight,

you have no clue what you are talking about obviously. You either didn't read what i said or didn't comprehend it, one of the two. I didn't say anything bad about Hurley at all...I have been to more Hurley basketball games this year than Grundy games...I know most of the kids on the team pretty well...i take pics and stuff for them every now and then...i plan on following them in the playoffs as much as i can.

What i said was, the comments the guy made, and most people from Hurley make about the fans and the gym and the cliff...that's all a big bunch of horse shit. No one is afraid of playing Hurley in basketball or football or any other sport because of the fans or the school or cliff or anything else...the only people who believe that horse shit, are the people who say it....and just because you say it, doesn't make it true. The thing people dread about playing Hurley is the drive over there...thats it...nothing more....you guys don't intimidate anyone...not me, not anyone...I hate to be the one to break it to you, but that's the truth...if it makes you feel any better though, people don't like the drive to Grundy either....so don't think I'm saying anything bad....heck even Clintwood complained about the drive to Grundy if you can believe that? lol.

It just eats everyone up that Grundy or any other team in the BDD for that matter doesn't even belong on the same court as Hurley. They must be doin something right to have this many people bashing on them. Hurley is the toughest place to play at basketball this end of the state. As for the Waynick comment, he's a great player, but people forget the reigning state player of the year still suits up for the rebels, but that's ok maybe when he drops 30 at state people will take notice.

Both Coopers are good, but without Waynick you have no size...and you get eaten alive on the boards...i've seen it happen. Hurley's starters are a very well rounded bunch...great team...but you lack depth. This is the problem with the size school you have, you just don't have the bodies to pull from.

As far as all the other chest thumping and crap you are talking here...you are full of horse shit as well. You can't even tell when someone is bashing Hurley or not, you just assume that anything that is said, is a negative and you get defensive and start talking a bunch of trash...no one is bashing anyone other than the stupid...and i do mean stupid, comments you guys have made here in this thread...it's some of the dumbest shit i've read on here and the sad part is you probably have convinced yourself its the truth.

yeah just like the mountaineer man hurley should get a little more respect,they have beat everyone in the district by 20 or more points, and they put a little picture and write a few words about them, but let a grundy wrestler stick a finger up someones a@$ and they get a golden crown.but thats ok, everyone else around the area knows were coming ... be ready

I wasn't even at the game tonight, nor did I know they were even playing Grundy. The extent of me keeping up with basketball this year has been when Lloyd or Sam needs me to take pics for the paper (of Hurley -thank you very much)...that's right smart ass...if not for me you wouldn't have had some of the pics you did have in the paper. They have used a few of mine this year. I know for a fact Sam goes out of the way to try to get coverage for Hurley...so stop complaining about how you are not the biggest picture in the paper every week and try to appreciate that most of the time they go out of the way to get you guys what coverage you do get.

You also need to understand when Grundy is wrestling in some of these larger tournaments and some of them are at a national level, its sort of a big deal...so, you are not going to get top billing in the sports section for that week by beating a team you were supposed to and were expected to beat anyway.

If ANYONE in this thread is jealous of the other side of the hill...it's pretty obvious, or should be...who it is.

At least we're having it.

I'm not denying Hurley's success but just because you wipe the floor with the BDD doesn't quite make you world beaters. Be careful not to overestimate your own worth during this time, it could bite you later.

Guest The Variable
I'm not denying Hurley's success but just because you wipe the floor with the BDD doesn't quite make you world beaters. Be careful not to overestimate your own worth during this time, it could bite you later.

Especially when there are a lot of teams in the 757 that could go in and give anybody a hard time. Basketball or Football.

Hurley has a good team...i expect them to make a run at state...very good group of kids with a lot of talent...they might very well win it all.

I just don't buy in to all the Hurley folks BS about the fans, the cliff, and beating them at home. I know 2 of the 3 games they lost (without Waynick) i've been to and it would not matter where they played...they would have lost.

For some reason these people have sold themselves on believing that people are somehow scared to go to Hurley to play...and that's just not the case...that's all i'm calling BS on....not putting down Hurley, the kids that play ball there, or the community in general at all...just saying that "scared to play here" and "we intimidate people" stuff is a bunch of BS...no one outside of the people preaching it believes a word of it.

Also...the win streak ends with Waynick...without him they can't get a rebound...they just don't have the size...and it allows teams to double down on them...which is how they got beat 102-29 at the Arby's Classic...they couldn't buy a rebound on either end of the court and they didn't have anyone with any size to control the middle.

I really don't know how all this got started,but Hurley fans support their team just like other teams fans support them.As far as Hurley fans trying to scare or intimidate other fans I haven't seen it. We try to be nice to other fans.Just like Lance said about Clintwood crying about having to come to Grundy,they all cry when they have to come to Buchanan County.Be proud of your team,but please try to get along with each other.

from what ive seen this year of Hurley ( watched 5 games or so), they are a GOOD team, and could very make a deep run at state, but they arent Twin Valley Good from a few years ago(Goodman, Lester, so on)

Ok I guess I need to break down my post piece by piece and explain myself and my comments a little more clearer.

First of all I said...

"I would seriously say it would be hard for any school in the state of Virginia to come into Hurley and be able to come out of there with a win."

Ok what I mean is on the Group A D1 level of play in the state of Virginia, I believe that any team would have a hard time with the Rebels if they played at Hurley. I also believe that the Rebels would stand a excellent chance at winning any of these games.

Now the statement below is completely true and anyone who has seen Hurley play at Hurley knows this is true. Hurley does play at a higher level at home. 100% fact!!!

"First of all those boys just play at a completly higher level at Hurley. Then the fact that you have the REBEL NATION filling the bleachers, lining the walls, standing at both doorways, and some sitting in the floors."

Now as far as your comments about people talking about how people are intimidated to play at Hurley I do not recall myself or anyone else saying that. Also how you throw football into this when you was talking about the cliff is beyond me!!

As far as your comments about the Mountaineer and you talking the pics for the Mountaineer if that is true I believe you need to tell them to start giving you proper credit Lance because I have only seen your name on one picture this basketball season. Most of the time it's either Mike Stiltner or Sam Bartley.

Last I would just like to say that I cannot understand why so many people from this area likes to hate on Hurley. I would be happy to see a team from our area having success but it seems every message board I go to people keep wanting to hate on Hurley. You guys here however aren't the worse that award go to the jerks over on the virginiapreps.com board. One certain guy over there tend to bad mouth Hurley every few days.

Guest The Variable

I have absolutely no opinion of hurley at all. I just think that you need to watch schools outside of SWVA before announcing state supremacy. Its also unnecessary. I can think of about 2 dozen schools across VA that are D1 where I can say the exact same thing about home field (court) advantage, and I do not even follow high school basketball that much. Youre tough at home, thats great. Got anything worth mentioning?