In the spirit of Valentine's Day...

GMan

Can we all kiss and make up??? Let the past be the past??? Forgive and forget??? Get things back to the way they used to be???

Comments, anyone...

I know what you're saying.... And yes. Let's do it... Or else... Things were good the way they used to be.

Can we all kiss and make up??? Let the past be the past??? Forgive and forget??? Get things back to the way they used to be???

Comments, anyone...

The problem with that is we've done this before.

We try to kiss and make up, then it happens again a few months down the road.

Comments, anyone...

It's pretty difficult to do that when some of the most active members on the board have been banned. I think those actions rubbed a lot of people the wrong way and made them shy away from the board. I know it did for me.

Just my opinion on the matter.

It's pretty difficult to do that when some of the most active members on the board have been banned. I think those actions rubbed a lot of people the wrong way and made them shy away from the board. I know it did for me.

Trying to work this out...

Coming from someone who was been banned before and ridiculed and yes given it back to the powers to be:

A. If you want to have a PUBLIC message board NOONE should be banned simply for voicing an opinion, only for personal attacks on individuals, profanity etc.

B. Identities of people should not be given when it is supposedly an anonymous message board. Statements like its my message board Ill do what I want are pretty arogant statements and do nothing but alienate everyone other than the chosen few.

C. Use your powers to lock threads that get out of hand, not ban people.

D. Placing avatars and signatures besides people names are funny the first time but the 12 year old humor quickly disappears.

I have truly enjoyed the message board over the years, I came with an agenda when Coach Havens was hired at Bluefield to defend him. I have often wondered why Buster Large doesnt face much scrutiny on here, I suppose it is because he is from Graham but none the less I suppose it is the jobs of message board trolls to second guess coaches of their teams.

If you are sincere in your statement for everyone to get along I suggest that the Administrator and Moderators all act like grown ups instead of teenagers and run the message board more professionally.

FLAME ON!

Coming from someone who was been banned before and ridiculed and yes given it back to the powers to be:

A. If you want to have a PUBLIC message board NOONE should be banned simply for voicing an opinion, only for personal attacks on individuals, profanity etc.

B. Identities of people should not be given when it is supposedly an anonymous message board. Statements like its my message board Ill do what I want are pretty arogant statements and do nothing but alienate everyone other than the chosen few.

D. Placing avatars and signatures besides people names are funny the first time but the 12 year old humor quickly disappears.

I have truly enjoyed the message board over the years, I came with an agenda when Coach Havens was hired at Bluefield to defend him. I have often wondered why Buster Large doesnt face much scrutiny on here, I suppose it is because he is from Graham but none the less I suppose it is the jobs of message board trolls to second guess coaches of their teams.

If you are sincere in your statement for everyone to get along I suggest that the Administrator and Moderators all act like grown ups instead of teenagers and run the message board more professionally.

FLAME ON!

You want another timeout??? (TIC, sorta...) :D

BTW, how many times have I placed you in the chair???

I whole-heartedly agree. I also suggest prudence when judging if a poster is "trolling" or not. Just because he or she may disagree with a statement, doesn't mean they are simply trying to get a rise out of others in a given thread.

This goes for posters as well. It is everyone's responsibility to understand that anonymity is the way this particular message board is set up, and to respect that.

Again, I advise prudence rather than snap judgment when and if a thread needs to be locked.

...I still kinda laugh at them... But I understand where you're coming from.

FLAME ON

I personally created an account to troll the soccer message boards, but soon discovered it to be a place where we can have intelligent, creative, and thought-provoking conversation. I hope we can retain these aspects of our community here.

I have often wondered why Buster Large doesnt face much scrutiny on here, I suppose it is because he is from Graham but none the less I suppose it is the jobs of message board trolls to second guess coaches of their teams.

You obviously haven't paid much attention over the years...we've (including me) bashed Buster plenty...

I've said several times his first few of years that I lack any confidence in Large guiding the Bluefield basketball program to success. I've seen others do the same.

I probably won't be happy until Webster has the head job at Bluefield High.

This is a good board, especially during HS football. It just doesnt get any better. I will continue to read, but having the teams that I pull for get trashed and then trying to give a little of it back, gets me banned? I'll pretty much just read I guess.

I'll wait til March 17th, 2012 until I voice my opinion on Buster. We SHOULD have a state title in basketball heading back to Bluefield on that date.

That's my birthday. Hopefully we will get to plan a trip and enjoy St. Pattys day and bring a title home that day.

same for me

Start at 1:07 for my message.

It's good to be back. I have confidence that things will be better from this point forward, too. As for me, I'm going to try to be less inflammatory and more judicious with my posts from now on. It was certainly a perspective-changing week.

Welcome back my friend. I think we have all had our moments. Glad to see everything is resolved. In my opinion you are a vital part of this board, even when you are an a-hole! LOL!

It's good to be back. I have confidence that things will be better from this point forward, too. As for me, I'm going to try to be less inflammatory and more judicious with my posts from now on. It was certainly a perspective-changing week.

Thank God you're back!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome back, my friend.