Hokies 2012 football schedule

Ryan4VT

Mon., Sep 3, 2012 Georgia Tech * 8 p.m. ESPN Lane Stadium

Sat., Sep 8, 2012 Austin Peay TBA Lane Stadium

Sat., Sep 15, 2012 at Pittsburgh TBA Pittsburgh, Pa.

Sat., Sep 22, 2012 Bowling Green TBA Lane Stadium

Sat., Sep 29, 2012 vs. Cincinnati TBA FedExField, Landover, Md.

Sat., Oct 6, 2012 at North Carolina * TBA Chapel Hill, N.C.

Sat., Oct 13, 2012 Duke * TBA Lane Stadium

Sat., Oct 20, 2012 at Clemson * TBA Clemson, S.C.

Thu., Nov 1, 2012 at Miami * 8 p.m. ESPN Miami Gardens, Fla.

Thu., Nov 8, 2012 Florida State * 8 p.m. ESPN Lane Stadium

Sat., Nov 17, 2012 at Boston College * TBA Chestnut Hill, Mass.

Sat., Nov 24, 2012 Virginia * TBA Lane Stadium

Sat., Dec 1, 2012 Atlantic vs. Coastal TBA Bank of America, Charlotte, N.C.

Amazing how stupid VT is getting at football scheduling. While I like opening the season with GT and the extra time to prepare for that triple option, why do you need to play them on Labor Day night TV with the next game five days away? Win or lose against GT you're setting your team up to fail against another 1AA team because your team will be mentally behind getting back to defending traditional football and now on a short week.

This just baffles me.

Amazing how stupid VT is getting at football scheduling. While I like opening the season with GT and the extra time to prepare for that triple option, why do you need to play them on Labor Day night TV with the next game five days away? Win or lose against GT you're setting your team up to fail against another 1AA team because your team will be mentally behind getting back to defending traditional football and now on a short week.

This just baffles me.

Exactly what happened this past year. And if I'm not mistaken I do believe Frankie Beamer even said he should never have scheduled those games that close together and it was all his fault and he took the blame for it.

So what does he do? The exact same thing. Come on Frankie.

I hate they dropped ECU for Austin Peay.

They didn't "drop" ECU for AP. They dropped ECU for two years to pick up Bama next year. We had to find AP because of that.

To others' points..

Frankie B doesn't do the scheduling... the slow-talking, mouth breather AD does.

Exactly what happened this past year. And if I'm not mistaken I do believe Frankie Beamer even said he should never have scheduled those games that close together and it was all his fault and he took the blame for it.

So what does he do? The exact same thing. Come on Frankie.

This just proves that Jim Weaver controls the schedule when it comes to TV money...

They didn't "drop" ECU for AP. They dropped ECU for two years to pick up Bama next year. We had to find AP because of that.

To others' points..

Frankie B doesn't do the scheduling... the slow-talking, mouth breather AD does.

they picked up Bama so they could lose by 20+

Nobody will probably agree with me, but I think this is the hardest VT schedule in years.

Probably one of the hardest in the past 20 years.

There isn't an eye popping difficult game, but from top to bottom, definitely the hardest schedule in quite some time.

I wouldn't be surprised if they went 8-4

Big difference this time. JMU was a quality .500 FCS team. Austin Peay is a terrible FCS team. VT should coast to at least a 10 point win.

I agree JMU was a quality team, but in no way should VT ever lose to a a FCS school.

I agree JMU was a quality team, but in no way should VT ever lose to a a FCS school.

The "JMU as Quality Team" is horse-hockey.

JMU was a whopping 6-5 in FCS that year, and didn't qualify for the FCS playoffs.

Sorry, Hokies, that's the truth.

Austin Peay, though, was 3-8 last year. It would be an epic embarrassment to lose to them.