Obama Flag?

This qualifies as stupid on so many levels. It would be stupid no matter whose face was on it. But then again those folks who have shirts designed to look like the flag are not displaying it with respect, nor is someone who wears a flag decal on the the seat of their jeans. We are woefully lacking in our understanding of flag etiquette.

I get galled when I see unlit flags flying at night, or the flag flying in the rain. These are common mistakes well intentioned people make that dishonor the symbol.

To me the lesson should be that folks do inappropriate things with the flag, both knowingly and unknowingly. We all could stand a refresher in how the flag should be treated. Read the attached links for more information.

http://www.americanflags.org/docs/etiquette.jsp

http://www.senate.gov/reference/resources/pdf/RL30243.pdf

Edited by Hacker

It's under an actual American flag. I don't even think Floridians are dumb enough to confuse the two.

You are the kind of guy whose wife could be cheating on you right in front of your eyes and you would make some type of excuse to explain it.

You are the kind of guy whose wife could be cheating on you right in front of your eyes and you would make some type of excuse to explain it.

I never said it was excusable. It's one of those things I roll my eyes at and continue with the rest of my day. I don't get bent out of shape about menial things that don't alter my day-to-day life.

You're the type of person that makes presumptuous accusations about an individual without any facts or well shaped reasoning to back it up. Looks like two can play at that game.

You were being glamorous deuces. And that's why I have the upmost respect and flattery for you.

Thanks for noticing. I didn't want to call myself out but yeah, I was definitely aiming for glamorous. Yessssss

I don't get bent out of shape about menial things that don't alter my day-to-day life.

This is where you and I would have to disagree. I do not consider disrespect for the flag as a menial thing, in fact I find this type of stuff very upsetting and it infuriates me.

Ever heard the old adage, "give them an inch and they will take a mile?"

This type of action by ANY political party is highly dispresectful, however in defense of the President (God, I can't believe I just typed that) and the National Democratic Party, I am sure that he or they had anything to do with this gross incompetence, more than likely these actions are only indicative of a particular group or person who condoned it's use.

With that being said, our disagreement doesn't make you wrong nor does it make me right.

It just means that I give a Damn about how my country and the symbols which represent it are portrayed and you find it menial!

Edited by bucfan64

I dont have a problem w/ the flag pattern on a T-shirt or something like that(if anything that is American to me) but it should never be used for advertisement, and this is what that is.

The one thing that bothers me is when people fly other flags at the same height as the American flag, its supposed to be above all others

It just means that I give a Damn about how my country and the symbols which represent it are portrayed and you find it menial!

Yeah pretty much.

I also give a capital-damn about America. When our economy tanks, I feel it in my every day life. When terrorists attack, I feel it in everyday life.

When some idiot farts on a flag in the middle of Florida, I roll my eyes.

It's under an actual American flag. I don't even think Floridians are dumb enough to confuse the two.

Dueces, that part of florida has mostly implants from up north...not native Floridians. Most of South Florida is non-native Floridians...lot's of yankee's...LOL.