You don't get that good, that fast without breaking a few rules...

GMan

Good question. How did Michael and Marcus Vick ever survive VT academics?

Michael only passed 32 credit hours in TWO YEARS. Let that sink in.

Marcus notoriously didn't go to class. That, aside from raping 14-year-olds.

How VT got so good so quickly was adhering to the Florida method. Keep the cash cows on the team, regardless of the criminal history. Between 1990 and 2002, 28 arrests. And one Supreme Court case.

Sorry, letting the cat out of the bag. VT fans might want to gloss over the 'they got too good too fast' subject...

The elite women now can neutralize her.

Name ONE woman that can neutralize her...you can't. The only way any team slowed her down was to double and triple her.

Au contraire. I certainly can, big fella.

http://espn.go.com/ncw/boxscore?gameId=320920239

I'd call a 13/9/0/2 night "neutralized".

Did you watch the game? Stanford played a zone defense inside the lane the whole night...Griner was doubled, tripled, even quadruple teamed all night.

And, even the write up states as much...

http://espn.go.com/ncw/recap?gameId=320920239

"Hall of Fame coach Tara VanDerveer had a few tricks up her sleeve, surprising Baylor with a rather clever game plan. She elected to pack players into the paint to bottle up Griner and dared the Bears to find someone else to beat the Cardinal."

ONE PLAYER did not stop Griner...

It's one reb shy of a double-double. Hardly pedestrian though...

She's Baylor's best player by a few hundred miles. She scored as much as their 1st reserve against Stanford.

If Stanford could've hit the broad side of a barn, they'd have won.

Griner is the best women's player ever. We can say this without a doubt, right? She's just unbelievably dominant. I'm by no means being sexist, but there is no way she could compete on a respectable D-I team. The game is too fast and too athletic. If you put Baylor's men's team and women's team on the floor, I'd need to be spotted at least 40 to even consider taking Baylor's women. The difference is that extreme. Baylor's men might end up with 40 blocks.

This isn't a "can the '01 Hurricanes beat the '01 Bengals?" thing, where the athletes are closer than you'd think and it would actually be a legitimate match. To quote the Russian trainer on Rocky IV: "It's physically impossible for [them] to win!"

Edited by UVAObserver

She's Baylor's best player by a few hundred miles. She scored as much as their 1st reserve against Stanford.

If Stanford could've hit the broad side of a barn, they'd have won.

Griner is the best women's player ever. We can say this without a doubt, right? She's just unbelievably dominant. I'm by no means being sexist, but there is no way she could compete on a respectable D-I team. The game is too fast and too athletic. If you put Baylor's men's team and women's team on the floor, I'd need to be spotted at least 40 to even consider taking Baylor's women. The difference is that extreme. Baylor's men might end up with 40 blocks.

This isn't a "can the '01 Hurricanes beat the '01 Bengals?" thing, where the athletes are closer than you'd think and it would actually be a legitimate match. To quote the Russian trainer on Rocky IV: "It's physically impossible for [them] to win!"

D1, Hurricanes, Bengals, Rocky what?

I just said her stat-line wasn't that bad, yo.