2012 expectations

redtiger

It would be nice to see James Monroe to get back on track this season. I have enjoyed watching the matchups with Bluefield over the last decade. How is their line looking this season?

Lol. You want me to be nice, or honest?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

marion shouldnt have won period we don't have high expectations we just hope to beat chilhowie northwood and abingdon. I don't think marion will beat u guys when it counts

I think Marion will be improved and coach Carroll is using a type of offense that fits the kids there. I believe their main concern will be on the line of scrimmage. They actually have some good skill players returning.

I think Graham has a great chance to be at the top end of the MED. My early prediction is every MED team will have a district loss and it could be a 3 way tie at the top.

Graham is really hard to gauge this year. I'm hearing conflicting reports about who is actually playing. I know a couple of kids transferred to other schools, so based on what will definitely be returning, I'd say 5-5... One thing is for sure....those guys will be in shape at the end of the season. Also, give this coach 2 or 3 years to work with a good group of upcoming 7th and 8th graders and they'll be really good in about 3 years...and should be a contender. Also, there should be several more kids come out when practice officially starts in a few weeks.

Edited by futbolking

I've heard some talk of some Blfd kids transferring to Graham?? Anybody know if it's true and if so who it is??

Don't know if it's true, but if WeeCee Jones is in fact coaching at Bluefield, as I've heard....I wouldn't be surprised.

futbolking do you know what players are coming back for marion?

The players that stand out to me are Sr. RB Ethan Richardson (#21) a very good overall athlete and smart player (had nearly 450 yards rushing in the last 2 games of the season) Receiver Jr. Kyle Rivero, who I believe caught 5 TD passes against Abingdon in the last game and LB Trey Crook , another good athlete who has a nose for the ball and appears to have gotten bigger and faster. Some of the other names and numbers escape me right now, but they are returning some skill players in the secondary and at LB. They are losing at least 2 starters that I know of on the line and their QB.

However, I do know this.....Joey Carroll had those boys rolling with that new offense that he installed last year by the end of the season...I expect Marion to be a surprisingly good team this year. I'll say they may go 8-2, maybe 7-3 and cause problems for opposing defenses.

I've heard some talk of some Blfd kids transferring to Graham?? Anybody know if it's true and if so who it is??

I've heard the opposite, that a couple more Graham kids may be going to Bluefield (Probably just rumors...you know how it goes when you listen to people at Hardees)...Who knows, it's a shame that nobody has any loyalty to their school or community any more.

Edited by futbolking

I've heard the opposite, that a couple more Graham kids may be going to Bluefield (Probably just rumors...you know how it goes when you listen to people at Hardees)...Who knows, it's a shame that nobody has any loyalty to their school or community any more.

Don't listen to people at hardees. They don't know what they are talking about.