Region C Girl's Soccer Championship

starcityfootballfan

I predict a Graham and James River rematch in the semis.....

No offense to John battle, but Region D is weak.(with the exception of Gate City)..and John Battle shouldn't pose much of a problem for Graham.

Now that McClung has gone to practice with the U.S. National team in California.....I think Gate City's season will end against James River...

http://www2.tricities.com/sports/2012/jun/03/girls-soccer-no-mcclung-no-problem-gate-city-ar-1961754/

I predict a Graham and James River rematch in the semis.....

No offense to John battle, but Region D is weak.(with the exception of Gate City)..and John Battle shouldn't pose much of a problem for Graham.

Now that McClung has gone to practice with the U.S. National team in California.....I think Gate City's season will end against James River...

http://www2.tricities.com/sports/2012/jun/03/girls-soccer-no-mcclung-no-problem-gate-city-ar-1961754/

http://www.vhsl.org/doc/upload/soc-results-2012-a-girls8.pdf

Tell me how is it possible for them to meet in the semis?

http://www.vhsl.org/doc/upload/soc-results-2012-a-girls8.pdf

Tell me how is it possible for them to meet in the semis?

I thought Region C and D met in the semis this year......hadn't seen the schedule yet...thanks for your gracious post of this information for me, however.

Looks like their season will end in the semis...so will James Rivers....I'd say Clarke County and George Mason in the finals...it's set up nicely for them to meet again this season...I think for the 4th time.

Edited by futbolking

So, if I understand this correctly, Graham has a favorable road to the title game, right?

I was wrong....apparently....I hadn't seen the schedule yet...I'd say they'll beat JB and then face a very strong Clarke County team that should handle Graham pretty easily...but you never know in soccer, if you have a solid team and ....if the gk has a good game, anything can happen...I wish them the best....but if I were a betting man...my money would be on a Clarke County and George Mason final. (GM has won 2 of 3 matches against Clarke this year)

I think they'll beat John Battle fairly easily but I don't know if they can keep the Clarke Co. game within 6 goals.

I'd say that you are spot on with that assessment.

Their GK will need to have the game of her life....

Clarke County won 12-0. I have a bad feeling Graham may suffer the same fate.

And those 12 goals were against a much stronger team that John Battle....

I hope they can keep it close...but they're about to find out what the "next level" in single A soccer is...

Clarke and GM are just head and shoulders above the rest... I hope the G-Girls prove me wrong...but I still think their GK needs to have the game of her life if Graham has any chance..

oddest stat from all of Tuesdays semis...

in girls soccer, Regions B & C outscored Regions A & D 28-0

Region D has a total of about 4 or 5 girls soccer teams in the entire region.(that may be an overestimate)...I can only think of 3....John Battle is very weak.. Region A is not much better...

Region B has dominated girls and boys soccer at the single A level....with an occasional challenge from Radford....we see what happened to Gate City after Anna McClung left to play for the National team...

I hope Graham puts up a good showing and challenges Clarke.....but honestly...Radford, Graham and James River are the only quality teams in Region C....I don't think there are any quality teams in Region D....(since Gate City lost McClung)

I am a Graham alum and I wish the best for the G-girls...but I've been going to the State games for about 10 years now and Clarke and Mason are on another level.

Edited by futbolking

Region D has a total of about 4 or 5 girls soccer teams in the entire region.(that may be an overestimate)...I can only think of 3....John Battle is very weak.. Region A is not much better...

Region B has dominated girls and boys soccer at the single A level....with an occasional challenge from Radford....we see what happened to Gate City after Anna McClung left to play for the National team...

I hope Graham puts up a good showing and challenges Clarke.....but honestly...Radford, Graham and James River are the only quality teams in Region C....I don't think there are any quality teams in Region D....(since Gate City lost McClung)

I am a Graham alum and I wish the best for the G-girls...but I've been going to the State games for about 10 years now and Clarke and Mason are on another level.

Region D has 7 teams, all of which are in the Clinch Mountain District (John Battle, Virginia High, Gate City, Lee, Lebanon, and Honaker and Grundy compete in the CMD for soccer). I've heard that the Wise county schools are getting soccer next year, so we may have two districts in Region D soon (assuming this new 6A format, whenever it kicks in, doesn't screw with things too badly).

Whatever happened with George Wythe? I thought they were one of the best teams out of SWVA in soccer? Did they just fall off the map or something?

They were one of the top 2 teams in Region C along with Radford up until about 6 or 7 years ago...... Galax has made big strides in soccer as of late....they used to be not very good at all until the last 6 or 7 years... Giles has gotten better....I don't think GW has gotten worse....they just haven't gotten stronger to keep up with those other schools...Now with Graham in the mix....they are probably about the 4th or 5th best team in Region C.

I've been going to the State games for about 10 years now and Clarke and Mason are on another level.

Yeah I've been to several in Radford and those two clubs are something to watch. Radford wasn't far behind there for a couple of years and even got one of the titles against CC in '07 in a shootout I believe.

Good luck G-Girls! Win or lose today, you have made us all very proud.

everyone in swva needs to be proud of these girls and what they have done as a team this year. good luck and no matter what hold your heads high you are a great team.